• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

902425-product-feature.jpg

Iron Legion is up on Sideshow now.

Similar to the Chitauri from the first Avengers, got no desire for the Legion or Drones. Price is pretty okay for it though, makes it somewhat tempting.

Drayco21

Man, the TFA figures are gonna be great.

I thought I was done with Star Wars. I thought I was done collecting it and caring about it unless Hasbro did a KOTOR wave. I've been clean for so long now.

But goddamn I can't wait for TFA Black Series.

It's just a shame the 3 3/4" stuff has gotten so bad for the most part lately. Across the board at Hasbro, I suppose, not just with Star Wars.

My Revoltech Boba Fett is on the way! Shipped a few days ago. I chose registered SAL so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get here (I'm in Canada, ordered from Amiami) but I'll take some pictures once it arrives.
I am you, ordered him from amiami too, registered SAL and in Canada. Let the race begging!

yami4ct

I really dig the new TFA Stormtrooper design, but I don't think it's translating all that well to plastic form with that Black series figure. Something about the new mouth design makes the head look way too big. Maybe it'll just be that figure and even higher end ones will turn out more proportionate. If we get a good figure of the chrome Knight Commander Stormtrooper, though, I might have to bite on that. I don't buy SW figures, but I just adore that design. Would kill for a SHF of that, but I bet Bandai won't get to touch TFA for a good while. Here's hoping still.

I thought I was done with Star Wars. I thought I was done collecting it and caring about it unless Hasbro did a KOTOR wave. I've been clean for so long now.

But goddamn I can't wait for TFA Black Series.

It's just a shame the 3 3/4" stuff has gotten so bad for the most part lately. Across the board at Hasbro, I suppose, not just with Star Wars.

It's not 3 3/4", but all the Transformers collector focused lines have been on a huge upswing the past year or so. I never found the figures to be as bad as some made them out to be (Outside of the Fall of Cybertron stuff, that was garbage), but the Combiner Wars stuff is on a whole different level. Hopefully that quality uptick will spread to their other lines as well.

Rootbeer

Banned
Revo Boba is great, I've been messing around with mine for a couple days. I do think they should include spare joints in the box though, I'm always scared I'm going to break them.

I am giving heavy consideration to ordering C-3PO since there's still no sign of a Black Series one o_O

Hasbro has a good thing on their hands with the 6" figures... they need to start ramping it up, takes forever for them to release anything.

The ball joints stick out really bad in places though, shoulders are the most obvious to me. It's something you have to get used to with these. I still look at my Revo Turtles and wish some of the joints were hidden better... but with the amazing poses you can pull off I think it's a fair trade-off.

I asked this a few pages back, but has anyone picked up the D Style Transformers kits from Kotobukiya?

I am not that great with model making, but they seem simple enough, and look awesoime...

03_1414157971.jpg

I actually have him, was really easy to put together. Actually my wife put it together, I just cut out the pieces. The only thing I didn't like about is how the waist connects to the torso, it just uses a single stem and the one on mine was too long and didn't fit properly.

Hasbro has a good thing on their hands with the 6" figures... they need to start ramping it up, takes forever for them to release anything.

I picked up Threepio, he is a littler taller than I care for him to be, about equal to Han Black series. I believe Harrison was taller while Threepio was taller than Luke.

Minor issue, but can bug me at times. With camera trickery I can make it work for figure shots.

I really want to get the Revo Boba Fett but I'm holding out hope that Bandai will announce a Figuarts version. That and General Grievous.

vareon

I really want to get the Revo Boba Fett but I'm holding out hope that Bandai will announce a Figuarts version. That and General Grievous.

Wait until later today or tomorrow. Bandai will hold the Tamashii Nations summer event and we usually see some new prototypes.

Rootbeer

Banned
I want Hot Toys ANH Luke T__T

I wish their Vader had more features, it's very bare-bones for the price. Maybe they'll do a RotJ Vader eventually, but they should have came out of the gate with the best Vader they could make, and the one they are giving us is not that.

My biggest regret is not picking up Bespin Luke at launch. Prices are unseemly now...
Price is actually not bad as long you avoid eBay. I sold mine couple of months ago for around $300. Seen it for around that price on forums. Was personally waiting for ANH version so I sold it and will also be getting Jedi Luke when they get around to it.

yami4ct

Bunch of Figuarts reveals going on. It's super exciting. Going over what I'm interested in, Renewal Decade looks amazing.

Glad to see that mold get a properly proportioned head. It even has a real, clear yellow piece for the head jewel. Also super happy they got the icons on his belt.

Also, Drive Type Formula

It's so odd that a major main rider form is a Webshop Exclusive. Guess Type Tridoron is going to be the last retail Drive figuart. Maybe Rider Chaser will get out as well. Feels like they're really shoving that series out the door. Perhaps they were just behind schedule and need to double book releases with the webshop? I don't know. Hopefully it means he comes with all his arm tires at the very least.

Oh shit I didn't realize it was Diecast.

For something that size, it basically needs a significant amount of diecast for stability, right? The HT version certainly went further with it, but it definitely seems like diecast is basically a requirement.

dankir

For something that size, it basically needs a significant amount of diecast for stability, right? The HT version certainly went further with it, but it definitely seems like diecast is basically a requirement.

The HT one isn't Diecast though, it would weigh too much.

Red Comet

Bunch of Figuarts reveals going on. It's super exciting. Going over what I'm interested in, Renewal Decade looks amazing.

Glad to see that mold get a properly proportioned head. It even has a real, clear yellow piece for the head jewel. Also super happy they got the icons on his belt.

Also, Drive Type Formula

It's so odd that a major main rider form is a Webshop Exclusive. Guess Type Tridoron is going to be the last retail Drive figuart. Maybe Rider Chaser will get out as well. Feels like they're really shoving that series out the door. Perhaps they were just behind schedule and need to double book releases with the webshop? I don't know. Hopefully it means he comes with all his arm tires at the very least.

So glad that we're getting a Renewal Decade. I'm going through the process of rebuilding my Figuarts Kamen Rider collection right now, but the two current Decades feel really dated.

Replicant

Fuckin' Bandai already ran out of Voltes V Chougokin re-release despite pre-order has just been opened. They NEED to up the number of pre-orders allowed. FFS!

aparisi2274

I actually have him, was really easy to put together. Actually my wife put it together, I just cut out the pieces. The only thing I didn't like about is how the waist connects to the torso, it just uses a single stem and the one on mine was too long and didn't fit properly.

Did you use a specific tool to cut out the pieces? I am trying to keep the rough edges to a minimum...

Also, did you do any paint?

yami4ct

Just got my AmiAmi request for Chaser and his bike! Pretty late for them. Wonder if their supply was later or they're swamped. Whatever, this bad boy should be here next week.

Assuming the paint is near as good as Drive (and the pics make it looks like it is), he'll easily become an all-time fave for me.

The HT one isn't Diecast though, it would weigh too much.

I misread the post and thought the 1/6 was the HT one. Woops. Don't collect marvel stuff, so I didn't pay close enough attention. The HT one has no Diecast at all? If it was all plastic, I'd worry about the weight screwing up the plastic joints over time. I guess PG Gundams work out fine, so a well built figure will handle it well, but Hulkbuster seems so top heavy. Those knees and ankles have to be under crazy stress.

Replicant

lol Virgo Shaka sold out everywhere in 5 minutes too, servers collapsed, it was a slaughter.

At this point, Bandai's treatment of their vintage properties is disgraceful. "Oh yeah, no one watches them old shows so let's just re-release the figure for the 5 people who missed out the last time around", said the clueless Bandai execs.

EDIT: Saint Seiya Soul of Gold is not even old property, technically. WTF are they doing?!!! I want my Leo Aiolia at decent price, dang it!

I finally found the Marvel Legends Daredevil and boy it is probably my favorite from the wave beside Spiderman 2099. I found it at Walmart after getting off from work this morning. I was lucky because I missed when Amazon had him in stock at a lower price this week. I can now pace myself with getting the other figures to complete the BAF.

paolo11

Let's play a game: "What is wrong with this picture"?

Oh that's right, our #1 best-selling item is no longer available a few minutes after it was put up!

You'd think by re-releasing this they know how much of it was in demand in the first place. *fumes*

Where do I gets Soul of Chogokin news anyway? I mean, I just knew this now.

Drayco21

Man... does anyone else have trouble with the current small female mold on Marvel Legends? I bought Ultimate Jess and Mayday shortly before finals- Jess' right arm fell off right out of the package, broken at the elbow. Contacted Hasbro support, they said they'd replace it so I didn't return it, and they ended up just sending me a second Spider-Man 2099 instead. Today, Mayday took a shelf dive while I was sleeping, broke in the exact same place. I'll probably actually buy another May when I see her because she's too important to just ignore, but Drew is just going to stay broken and hiding it on my shelf from now on.

At least my Anya ended up okay; especially since she's the one character they've made on the mold I really care about. Still, it makes me wary of even considering figures like White Tiger or the inevitable Spider-Gwen on this in the future, and that really sucks.

Red Comet

Got Bandai's explosion effect set today. Pretty cool. I'd like to pick up a few more of these, especially the grey explosion set and the impact sets.

r3qeAYL.jpg

Just got my AmiAmi request for Chaser and his bike! Pretty late for them. Wonder if their supply was later or they're swamped. Whatever, this bad boy should be here next week.

HLJ just charged me today, but they're always late.

Replicant

Oh man, not to add salt to the injury, but that Voltes V looks magnificent!

T_T

Where do I gets Soul of Chogokin news anyway? I mean, I just knew this now.

I would like to know this too. I just F5'd amiami and most of the time I miss out on Chogokin's stuff. This and Gunbuster and then there's Leo Aiolia.

Sounds similar to the recent Gunbuster GX-34r re-release...

Pretty much. Missed out on that too.

yami4ct

Got Bandai's explosion effect set today. Pretty cool. I'd like to pick up a few more of these, especially the grey explosion set and the impact sets.

r3qeAYL.jpg

HLJ just charged me today, but they're always late.

I'm not a huge fan of the Blade base designs (I dig the upgrade forms, though), but man they all look really cool together on their bikes. The explosion really completes the effect. Nice display you've got there.

Red Comet

I'm not a huge fan of the Blade base designs (I dig the upgrade forms, though), but man they all look really cool together on their bikes. The explosion really completes the effect. Nice display you've got there.

Thanks. I don't always go for the bikes, but the Riders in Blade used theirs all the time from what I remember. And they do really complement the Figuarts. Oh, and Garren comes with the Red Rhombus so you're sort of forced to pick up the rest if you're a completionist like me.

Top Bottom