• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Got a big haul today! Age of Ultron Cap + Mark 43 + GOTG Gamora.

18286161572_4e5cda4700_c.jpg

yami4ct

Thanks. I don't always go for the bikes, but the Riders in Blade used theirs all the time from what I remember. And they do really complement the Figuarts. Oh, and Garren comes with the Red Rhombus so you're sort of forced to pick up the rest if you're a completionist like me.

Most modern Riders don't use their bikes enough to warrant me buying them. Macher and Rider Chaser will actually be my first KR bikes since Drive is actually using vehicles in the show. Same reason I'm willing to pick up Tridoron as well. I would've bought Ride Vendor or Machine Harboilder, but Vendor never came out and I heard not great things about Hardboilder.

Flintty

My final SS payment for Groot and Rocket is processing. Excited!

I think my UK dealer will be sending Gamora out soon as well. I just need to pay the final £27!

Red Comet

Most modern Riders don't use their bikes enough to warrant me buying them. Macher and Rider Chaser will actually be my first KR bikes since Drive is actually using vehicles in the show. Same reason I'm willing to pick up Tridoron as well. I would've bought Ride Vendor or Machine Harboilder, but Vendor never came out and I heard not great things about Hardboilder.

The bonus effects parts sold me on the Drive bikes. The Hardboilder looked nice, but it was too big and didn't come with holding hands, which meant you had to borrow from CycloneJoker Xtreme if you wanted to actually secure Double to the bike. Maybe they'll redo it if they ever do a Double renewal.

yami4ct

The bonus effects parts sold me on the Drive bikes. The Hardboilder looked nice, but it was too big and didn't come with holding hands, which meant you had to borrow from CycloneJoker Xtreme if you wanted to actually secure Double to the bike. Maybe they'll redo it if they ever do a Double renewal.

I really hope we get some renewal bikes. Would be a great way to get at the very least the Ride Vendor. Even if we don't get it, there's some hope the inevitable Renewal Double will at least have gripping hands for the old HardBoilder.

Venture

I'm enjoying experiencing all the Hot Toys excitement vicariously through you all.
Same here. I'm not even into collecting that much, not to mention a lack of space and resources, but it's been fun reading though this thread. The quality of figures being put out now is amazing.

aparisi2274

Just an hobby knife and an nipper. You don't need to pain anything but his gun, as it comes in grey instead of black.

ok, last question before I pick it up...

What kind of paint? is it easier to just block out the grey on the gun, and then use spray paint on the entire thing? or would it be smarter to get a small jar of black model paint and use a paint brush?

Drayco21

Eh, movie design Ultron :(

But he's clearly going to turn into the more classic version of the character by the end of the movie. Not muh Ultron complainers just wanna hate.

What a joke. First BAF since the Infinite Series started that I have no interest in finishing.

Also, really let down that the MCU Ant-Man figure has an exposed mouth/chin and no alternate head. I really like the costume as we've seen it in the trailers, the exposed mouth just looks goofy.

Threezero seems to be doing a good job with the ones from the new movie. I don't think anyone gives a shit about those ones though.
You know, aside from Mikey and the sneakers they wear, I don't even think these designs are that bad, and Threezero has done an amazing job at translating them into figure form. If these designs were attached to a better movie I doubt they would draw as much ire as they do.

You know, aside from Mikey and the sneakers they wear, I don't even think these designs are that bad, and Threezero has done an amazing job at translating them into figure form. If these designs were attached to a better movie I doubt they would draw as much ire as they do.

ThreeZero seems to be doing a great job with their stuff. It just seems like they do some really weird choices between this license, doing Robocop remake stuff, having the Walking Dead license but only releasing Michones Zombies so far, Chappie which didn't do go in theaters. I can't wait for the Walter White figure though

Snaku

Banned
Not sure where else to post these, with the lack of articulation and the other thread becoming a locked cesspool.

kD6lN1f.jpg

IIr6ELK.jpg

Really impressed with the Figuart Zero EX, and it scales really well with the other Master Stars Piece figures on the shelf.

Is there a definitive best Raiden (Metal Gear) figure? I was looking at the Hot Toys one, but it's $300 and something about it looks off. I can't quite place it. Maybe the Revoltech one? Same question for Gray Fox.

Fjordson

Not sure where else to post these, with the lack of articulation and the other thread becoming a locked cesspool.

kD6lN1f.jpg

IIr6ELK.jpg

Really impressed with the Figuart Zero EX, and it scales really well with the other Master Stars Piece figures on the shelf.
Damn nice man.

Figuarts does really good stuff with Dragonball and DBZ. I actually have the SH Figuarts Android 16 coming in today from Amazon.

yami4ct

Yen is currently sitting at 124.9 per dollar. It's so close to breaking 125. This exchange rate has been really killer. It's like a free discount.

Vyer

Which figures from the Marvel Legends Spider-Man line are hard to get? I'm talking about the Hobgoblin BAF set.

I don't know much about Legends, but I'm kinda digging the Agent Venom figure.

I wish I would have gotten a 50% off coupon for Heartbreaker. That would have been my one Iron Man

Thanks for the review, sucks he has those problems

there was a 50% off coupon?

Which figures from the Marvel Legends Spider-Man line are hard to get? I'm talking about the Hobgoblin BAF set.

Pretty sure Daredevil is the only one that was truly hard to get from the wave. Agent Venom wasn't the worst figure to find, but he was incredibly inconvenient being a Walgreen's exclusive.

Quick shot of my growing Hot Toys collection,getting close to displaying them all finally.

I want your Blade. So bad. Actually having to get a new cabinet from work (sitting in a warehouse unused and apparently they were gonna toss it so it's mine) so I'll actually have a Marvel and a Star Wars case now. Not sure what the fuck I'll do with my Batman figures though.

I want your Blade. So bad. Actually having to get a new cabinet from work (sitting in a warehouse unused and apparently they were gonna toss it so it's mine) so I'll actually have a Marvel and a Star Wars case now. Not sure what the fuck I'll do with my Batman figures though.

That Blade cost me an arm and a leg,its my most expensive Hot Toy purchase to date and favorite figure of all. I digg it so much I wish I had another. Ever thought about a detolf self from Ikea for your Batman figs? I finally picked some up myself and they are decent..

That Blade cost me an arm and a leg,its my most expensive Hot Toy purchase to date and favorite figure of all. I digg it so much I wish I had another. Ever thought about a detolf self from Ikea for your Batman figs? I finally picked some up myself and they are decent..

That Blade is like my holy grail for HT collecting, and I'll never pay the cash for it. I have like no IKEAs anywhere near me and shipping makes it dumb as it's so expensive (last I checked). Was thinking about these:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10002&mode=retail

Anyone know if I can fit two figures into one of these? I'd just buy two and stick my '89 Bats and Joker in one and Nolan Joker and Bats in the other. Already have one of their cases for my QS001, and it does the job.

My wife just text me my package from AmiAmi was delivered by the USPS:

- Play Arts Kai Star Wars Variant Darth Vader
- figma KanColle Mutsu
- Nendoroid Miku Senbonzakura

Paid for it Thursday, barely got shipping confirmation from AmiAmi Friday, arrived in the US and cleared customs last night, and was delivered this morning...that was hella quick, yo.

Play Arts Vader is shipping? Didn't even know. Keep checking BBTS to see if it pops back in stock for a second, more excited for Boba but Vader looks decent enough to give him a shot.

Drayco21

Looks like we have case breakdowns for the next Spidey wave. Ben is going to be readily available, and we only have to buy one of either White Tiger or Misty Knight to get the full Rhino BAF. Superior Venom finally has the arm details Superior Spider-Man should have had, but is still as terrible looking as before.

Vyer

He was in the Hobgoblin wave. Not sure what you mean by Wave 2.

Anyway, Hot Toys Mark 43 is coming today and I'm pretty pumped. Need my HT fix it's been like a month.

ah, i see. I was trying to research a bit and it seems like there is a spidey series, with different waves. Thanks for the info.

Cptkrush

Was not expecting all three ML waves to go up at the same time. Pre ordered Hulkbuster, Loose Vision, Loose War Machine, and Loose Strange. Also Pre ordered Rhino, Loose Kraven, Ghostrider, Chameleon, and Movie Ant Man. I decided to just order the characters I like and am familiar with for now. I'm gonna wait till I have more extra money and probably grab the rest of the waves' figures loose on ebay or something.

Where am I gonna put all these figures?! My girlfriend is gonna kill me lol

there was a 50% off coupon?

Seemed that certain people that had sideshow accounts received %50 off coupons for select Hot Tot figures. The sideshow freaks forum was going crazy that day

Top Bottom