• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Fjordson

Already ordered the Batman (which is arriving Wednesday from HLJ) and Knight. Since I don't expect many more to come from that line I'm just sticking with those too. If they make a Nightwing I'll be ecstatic though.

It's sad I'm gonna end up with three versions of this Batsuit since I have NECA on preorder too but whatever I love it.
You have both coming? Nice.

I'm trying to decide between the NECA and the PAK one. For my wallet's sake since I already bought some stuff this month lol.

Edit; got my Casshan figure from Sentinel's Tatsunoko line. They did an incredible job. Love all re die-cast parts, gives it nice weight and makes it easy to stand. And the LED light for the symbol on his chest is cool. It's surprisingly bright.

Took out Play Arts Arkham Origins Batman for a photo, still think this is the best Batsuit in the Arkham games and Play Arts did a great job for the most part. Don't know why they insisted on giving the armored parts a bronzish sheen, but whatever, this figure still looks great!

60FLGt0.png

That Prime looks incredible and is definitely a must buy.

But seriously, fuck them for making the blaster exclusive. Guys, help me decide, buy from Bambaland for $430 + free shipping + exclusive blaster, or should I just grab it from Sideshow and get it at wholesale pricing? I'm guessing it'll be around $320 + bundled shipping with other items, but no blaster exclusive.

That Prime looks incredible and is definitely a must buy.

But seriously, fuck them for making the blaster exclusive. Guys, help me decide, buy from Bambaland for $430 + free shipping + exclusive blaster, or should I just grab it from Sideshow and get it at wholesale pricing? I'm guessing it'll be around $320 + bundled shipping with other items, but no blaster exclusive.
Why would it be $320 through Sideshow?

I don't own one, but Marvel Select Venom is my favourite Venom figure. Hopefully Hasbro make a Marvel Legends Brock Venom using one of their new body molds.

That would be awesome. I just hope they don't use the Hyperion Body mold. I think the proportions are off and it doesn't look good with all characters. Especially when they used it with Anti-Venom and Toxin.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Took out Play Arts Arkham Origins Batman for a photo, still think this is the best Batsuit in the Arkham games and Play Arts did a great job for the most part. Don't know why they insisted on giving the armored parts a bronzish sheen, but whatever, this figure still looks great!

60FLGt0.png

That looks amazing. Price on that? I fancy a decent (cheapish) Batman statue.

That looks amazing. Price on that? I fancy a decent (cheapish) Batman statue.

HLJ and BBTS are sold out, but BBTS has him for $100.

As for all the talk on Select Venom, it's my favorite Venom as well, but him being smaller than Select Carnage killed that figure for me.

That would be awesome. I just hope they don't use the Hyperion Body mold. I think the proportions are off and it doesn't look good with all characters. Especially when they used it with Anti-Venom and Toxin.
They're using a new body mold (I think) for the new Grim Reaper figure. I think that would be a pretty good fit for Venom.

Just got my Rocket & Groot pack from Sideshow. The shipper looks like it's seen some action. I hope the figures inside are ok. Anxious to get home and open it.

Fjordson

NECA also has a pretty cool looking 18 inch figure that's about to come out for July if you're into ones at that size. It's the Arkham Knight suit and is only $99. Looks really good.

Flintty

I want to like Hawkeye but the sculpt is still slightly off. Other than that, he's a great figure.

It has been a while since I posted and I have a couple of additions to my collection, plus a posh new cabinet for them all!

M6cR4jc.jpg

Z3e6AmU.jpg

Thinking of putting the MC helmet away and displaying my Figuarts Star Wars figs.

dankir

Fuck Hawkeye and Widow are both you now? HT I need a break please.

Lol I think the simpler AoU figures will come out much sooner than they predicted.

Also somebody totaled the cost of the entire AoU line without quicksilver (so all 1/6 revealed figures, 1/4 Mark 43) and it comes out to 4,950.00 USD. Where Hulkbuster makes up 1/6 of that cost lol.

Also somebody totaled the cost of the entire AoU line without quicksilver (so all 1/6 revealed figures, 1/4 Mark 43) and it comes out to 4,950.00 USD. Where Hulkbuster makes up 1/6 of that cost lol.

God that's disgusting. Thank God I don't have everything on order (missing two figures really makes the difference lol).

dankir

God that's disgusting. Thank God I don't have everything on order (missing two figures really makes the difference lol).

I have all of them on PO, I'm going to cut down my HT collecting after this line, no more full sets.

HT unvieled this today. I don't collect Terminators but you guys might like this.

11214075_854601631281038_4501677337544273344_n.jpg

11049105_854601607947707_5465107334419050669_n.jpg

11539626_10152910589017344_3536964119173382952_n.jpg

11667452_10152910588557344_4422892766907564059_n.jpg

Well, my ThreeA Master Chief was marked as delivered today... and wasn't actually at the doorstep.

I put in claim with DHL, so hopefully that'll get resolved soon. Anyone have experience with this? Should I not even worry or am I out $250?

Fjordson

I respect the craftmanship with Hot Toys, but I can't get down with the ones based on live action characters or people. They got some uncanny valley shit that weirds me out a bit.

Well, my ThreeA Master Chief was marked as delivered today... and wasn't actually at the doorstep.

I put in claim with DHL, so hopefully that'll get resolved soon. Anyone have experience with this? Should I not even worry or am I out $250?
I've had stuff show up a day late, despite being marked as "delivered". Has happened to me with OnTrac also from Amazon. I had a blu-ray get marked as "delivered" and then come two days late.

Not sure why it happens. I've half jokingly thought it was mail people wanting it to look like the thing got there on time and hoping no one noticed.

I respect the craftmanship with Hot Toys, but I can't get down with the ones based on live action characters or people. They got some uncanny valley shit that weirds me out a bit.

I've had stuff show up a day late, despite being marked as "delivered". Has happened to me with OnTrac also from Amazon. I had a blu-ray get marked as "delivered" and then come two days late.

Not sure why it happens. I've half jokingly thought it was mail people wanting it to look like the thing got there on time and hoping no one noticed.

Never had that happen with DHL but as mentioned above, OnTrac did shit like this all the time to the point where I asked Amazon to not use them for my deliveries. Surprisingly they've obliged!

Fjordson

Yeah, it's happened to me with OnTrac like four times at least on Amazon orders. It's annoying 'cause you don't know if it's just another glitch in the Matrix or if your shit is really lost this time.

These are my favorite types of Hot Toys. It's like having a little version of an actual person. My civilian Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers are probably my favorites in my collection

Flintty

These are my favorite types of Hot Toys. It's like having a little version of an actual person. My civilian Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers are probably my favorites in my collection

That's what I love about them. Yes I love the Marvel characters in general but the way they are portrayed in the MCU are perfect and definitive for me. The actors really have made the characters their own. These movies will be classics forever in my eyes and having a piece of that on my shelf is awesome.

Fjordson

They're definitely well made. Just something about them puts me off. Like that Arnold one posted above. I'd legit be worried he would start walking off my office desk as soon as I turned my back lol.

Batman-v-Superman-2-Pack-1.jpg

dem eyes.
The eyes and cowl on Batman looks so awkward.

Top Bottom