• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Just got my Cashern, it looks beautiful.
A48359BA-4710-4AF8-B536-D2A6ACE6657C_zpsidx5v2gp.jpg

If Hot Toys were doing Suicide Squad figures they would have been in that book no? I just want Margot Harley :*(
They most likely will. I don't think they'll do every single character but they will do the main ones for sure.

Phantom Pain and Batman v Superman is also on the way.

11057997_10155721910475442_2987177790953104916_n.jpg

dankir

Another look at AoU Thor.

10410649_109657836040349_7689407705261590787_n.jpg

11401234_109659976040135_7102188215011070812_n.jpg

Additional pics of the AoU line that has been revealed so far.

11227924_109659916040141_2313381320513936247_n.jpg

10516850_109659936040139_2923019813019815698_n.jpg

10423975_109659956040137_8704078903576945926_n.jpg

11425146_109659999373466_8171930163228393818_n.jpg

11214722_109660019373464_6365779367777887566_n.jpg

11401234_109660066040126_4077855315543694076_n.jpg

Just Pietro left !

Here's the whole family

11403144_499736853509095_4233346082040846540_n.jpg

I have that entire picture on Pre-order so far, my Mark 43 has arrived. IT HAS BEGUN!

If Hot Toys were doing Suicide Squad figures they would have been in that book no? I just want Margot Harley :*(

we can still hope bro

They most likely will. I don't think they'll do every single character but they will do the main ones for sure.

Phantom Pain and Batman v Superman is also on the way.

11057997_10155721910475442_2987177790953104916_n.jpg

whats the name of that half naked chick from the game? Make a figure of her please

Wow not a fan of that face at all :/

he looks bored as shit lol

Fjordson

I really need to stop spending money for at least a month. Play Arts Kai Master Chief (Halo 2 one) is on the way as well as Sentinel's Cashern :lol

I've been wanting a Master Chief figure, but wasn't really interested in a small one or a Halo 4 / Halo 5 design and was not even aware of the PAK figs for Halo 1 and 2. It looks great!

yami4ct

Figuarts Kamen Rider Mach and Ride Macher came yesterday, and boy is he a beauty.

I think he's quickly become my favorite Figuart. He's so good. The design translates really well into plastic form and it's detailed super well. Just look at the work on the Signal Bikes.

They're basically perfect, logos and all. A couple years back, a good chunk of that would've been just left as colored clear plastic. The Ride Macher is also one of my favorite bikes, and it looks great here. What makes him more impressive is that he comes with quite a few hand parts, something lacking in most modern Figuarts.

Now that I've gotten Drive, Chaser and Mach together, they make an amazing display.

If I had a couple complaints, one would be that the plastic on Mach's visor is a hair bit too thick. It definitely looks like a plastic visor unlike on the real suit where you almost don't know it exists. At this size, I doubt that problem is fixable but it's definitely there. The other issue I have concerns the Funky Spike tire part for Drive. The special effect part that comes with Ride Macher is actually a whole tire unto itself. That makes the non-effect tire that comes with Mach feel a bit useless. I wish the effect parts attached to the regular tire instead of replacing it.

Overall, the Drive line is probably the best Bandai has ever done. They are all amazing figure. I'm glad this is the line I decided to do a big display with. It's totally going to be worth it.

Red Comet

Figuarts Kamen Rider Mach and Ride Macher came yesterday, and boy is he a beauty.

I think he's quickly become my favorite Figuart. He's so good. The design translates really well into plastic form and it's detailed super well. Just look at the work on the Signal Bikes.

They're basically perfect, logos and all. A couple years back, a good chunk of that would've been just left as colored clear plastic. The Ride Macher is also one of my favorite bikes, and it looks great here. What makes him more impressive is that he comes with quite a few hand parts, something lacking in most modern Figuarts.

Now that I've gotten Drive, Chaser and Mach together, they make an amazing display.

If I had a couple complains, one would be that the plastic on Mach's visor is a hair bit too thick. It definitely looks like a plastic visor unlike on the real suit where you almost don't know it exists. At this size, I doubt that problem is fixable but it's definitely there. The other issue I have concerns the Funky Spike tire part for Drive. The special effect part that comes with Ride Macher is actually a whole tire unto itself. That makes the non-effect tire that comes with Mach feel a bit useless. I wish the effect parts attached to the regular tire instead of replacing it.

Overall, the Drive line is probably the best Bandai has ever done. They are all amazing figure. I'm glad this is the line I decided to do a big display with. It's totally going to be worth it.

Wow, the Drive Figuarts look fantastic together. I should have Mach and Mashin Chaser as well as their bikes tomorrow or the next day. I'm strongly considering picking up the Tridoron if I can find it for a decent price on the aftermarket. Just need to clear some space for it.

Fjordson

If I had a couple complains, one would be that the plastic on Mach's visor is a hair bit too thick. It definitely looks like a plastic visor unlike on the real suit where you almost don't know it exists. At this size, I doubt that problem is fixable but it's definitely there. The other issue I have concerns the Funky Spike tire part for Drive. The special effect part that comes with Ride Macher is actually a whole tire unto itself. That makes the non-effect tire that comes with Mach feel a bit useless. I wish the effect parts attached to the regular tire instead of replacing it.

Wow, fuckin' dope man.

I need to pick up some Kamen Rider figuarts, they look excellent. Still eyeing that Meteor figure, but it'll probably have to wait until next month at the earliest.

yami4ct

Wow, the Drive Figuarts look fantastic together. I should have Mach and Mashin Chaser as well as their bikes tomorrow or the next day. I'm strongly considering picking up the Tridoron if I can find it for a decent price on the aftermarket. Just need to clear some space for it.

Once I saw how good Drive was, I pretty much decided my display was going to be the guys I have currently, the Tridoron, Type Formula, Rider Chaser and Type Tridoron. I'm really digging the show and the figures are so good that I think this is a line worth me investing in.

I am a bit perturbed about the recent reveals on Type Formula, though. Having to apply all those sponsor stickers yourself is a real pain and I'm disappointed its higher price doesn't include the Formula exclusive TKs.

Wow, fuckin' dope man.

I need to pick up some Kamen Rider figuarts, they look excellent. Still eyeing that Meteor figure, but it'll probably have to wait until next month at the earliest.

I started collecting Figuarts in the late OOOs/Early Fourze era and I really enjoyed them back then. I'm amazed at the step forward they've taken in the past couple years since the implementation of the new body. Not only is the new body significantly better, but Bandai has gone crazy on the detail level. Decade didn't even have the rider symbols on his belt on his original Figuart. The Fourze Switches had the barest amount of detail, but now we're getting perfectly detailed Signal Bikes that are even smaller than those. It's nuts how good this line is now.

Oh man, I must have this. I hope Sideshow sells it. I already have Shepard preordered there.
Sideshow already has it up, without the Widow sniper rifle as that is exclusive to threezero's store.

More pics and details for 3A Optimus Prime, shamelessly copy pasted from SideshowCollecters forums; it looks so fucking good. I don't even care that the movies are terrible, this is a great looking figure. Making the blaster an exclusive is a bit shitty though. 3A and threezero have a pattern of making essential accessories exclusive to their storefronts, it's pretty annoying.

On sale June 30th at Bambaland
Lookbook coming soon!

TRANSFORMERS - Optimus Prime Premium Scale Collectible Figure

$430 USD - Includes Free International Shipping
- Figure Stands 19-Inches (48.25cm) Tall
- Fully Posable With Over 85 Points of Articulation, Including Articulated Fingers
- Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
- Featuring Realistic Weathering Effect
- Comes with Dual Cyber Swords
- Blade Knuckle Accessory Also Included
- LED Light-Up Feature on Eyes and Headlights Near Waist

BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE EDITION INCLUDES:
- Battle Blaster Weapon

ADDITIONAL INFO
- Materials Used - ABS, PVC, POM
- Requires AG1 X 9 Button Cell Batteries (Batteries Not Included)
*Design and color may change on final shipping version

19104444222_a02ff69bc9_c.jpg

18948449189_ee61281356_c.jpg

18946986148_120b9b298a_c.jpg

19108413596_4dacec7e2b_b.jpg

18513962813_3e62651904_b.jpg

makes no sense why they didn't just make the suit from the first game
Could be a licensing thing, could be EA wanting them to make a figure from the most recent game.

The Killzone figure is by 3A, though I'm really not sure what the difference between 3A and threezero is at this point. They operate identically with their online shops and preorder exclusives, and their figures have very similar build and paint quality, but all under different names.

In any case, I've gotten hands on with a many of their figures and for the most part, it's good shit. The paint jobs and weathering always look incredible, the materials have a very "real" quality to them. It's hard to describe, but if a Hot Toys is like a luxury car, 3A and threezero have more of a muscle car feel to them. When you open a figure you get hit with the smell of the paint (it's so good), there's a grit to them that you don't get with a Hot Toys figure, and it's really different, but welcome. By the same token, they're not quite as polished or premium feeling as a Hot Toys either. The articulation isn't quite as strong and sometimes hindered by the materials (Isaac Clarke's thick padded suit), the battery compartments aren't always intuitive (looking at you Halo Reach Carter) and sometimes I've had to reglue a couple parts (not broken, just weren't tightly glued on in the first place).

These haven't been released yet, but the Play Arts Kai figures for Arkham Knight are looking great.

Whoah, those look awesome! Might have to snag a couple of those.

Any good Red Hood figures out there? I know Gamestop is carrying one, but it looks like EB Games Canada isn't doing the same.

Fjordson

These haven't been released yet, but the Play Arts Kai figures for Arkham Knight are looking great.
I may pre-order that Batman one. Looks good so far.

I'm feeling good about Play Arts Kai in general right now. My MGS 2 Raiden and Master Chief from Halo 2 both look amazing.

Edit: NECA's Batman from Arkham knight is looking pretty dope also though. Same price as the play arts kai, but it's bigger.

Edit 2: yeah, I might just preorder the NECA one. I'm a sucker for big ass figs. And dat cloth cape.

Already ordered the Batman (which is arriving Wednesday from HLJ) and Knight. Since I don't expect many more to come from that line I'm just sticking with those too. If they make a Nightwing I'll be ecstatic though.

It's sad I'm gonna end up with three versions of this Batsuit since I have NECA on preorder too but whatever I love it.

Have everyone from AOU on order but I'm passing on Thor for sure. Looks exactly the same as the Light Armor version which I already have.

Top Bottom