• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Drayco21

Man the Heroes of the Storm line from NECA is looking pretty dope. Stitches (from WoW) just went up for pre-order on Big Bad http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12756&mode=retail

Hope this first handful does well for them and we get a bunch of Blizzard characters.

I was not expecting Stitches to carry a $50 pricetag; guess I'll be skipping the deluxe figures. Still looking forward to Arthas, Nova and Tyrael, even if I'm a little worried about articulation. They haven't announced a Raynor, right?

Here's hoping the line is even carried around me.

Fjordson

I was not expecting Stitches to carry a $50 pricetag; guess I'll be skipping the deluxe figures. Still looking forward to Arthas, Nova and Tyrael. They haven't announced a Raynor, right?

Here's hoping the line is even carried around me.
As far as I know they've only announced the three you mentioned + Illidan and Stitches. I have Illidan and Nova on pre-order and they're apparently shipping out this month, but we'll see.

And I didn't really notice the "deluxe" tag or price difference with Stitches until your post. I'll probably still get it, but what makes it deluxe?

Drayco21

As far as I know they've only announced the three you mentioned + Illidan and Stitches. I have Illidan and Nova on pre-order and they're apparently shipping out this month, but we'll see.

And I didn't really notice the "deluxe" tag or price difference with Stitches until your post. I'll probably still get it, but what makes it deluxe?

If they're anything like the Deluxe Pacific Rim Kaiju, it's just overall mass of plastic. Stitches will probably be a solid inch or two taller, and quite a bit wider and thicker.

Fjordson

If they're anything like the Deluxe Pacific Rim Kaiju, it's just overall mass of plastic. Stitches will probably be a solid inch or two taller, and quite a bit wider and thicker.
Interesting. It's kinda pricey for a figure that size, but I can't resist Blizzard figs. Especially WoW-related ones lol.

Welp. I'll be picking this up for sure. They said they'll be doing a Warlock and Hunter as well.

-----------------------------------

Bambaland Exclusive Edition
DESTINY
Titan
1/6th Scale Collectible Figure
$190 USD

On sale July 27th at 9:00am HK time.
www.bambalandstore.com

- Figure Stands approx. 12.6-Inches (32cm) Tall
- Over 24 Points of Articulation
- 2 Sets of Interchangeable Hands
- Battle Worn Armor Over A Tailored Cloth Under Suit and a Waist-Secured Titan Mark
- Bambaland Orders Include FREE International Shipping.

WEAPON LOADOUT
Bambaland Exclusive Edition comes with the Hawkmoon Exotic Hand Cannon

• Exotic Primary Weapon - Hawkmoon Hand Cannon
• Primary Weapon - Shadow Price Auto Rifle
• Special Weapon - Felwinter’s Lie Shotgun
• Heavy Weapon - Zombie Apocalypse WF47

*Design and color may change on final shipping version

Retail Edition will be available for Pre-Order on July 31st and does NOT include the Hawkmoon Hand Cannon Exclusive Weapon. Check the 3A Stockists page to find a retailer near you carrying the 3A Destiny Titan 1/6th Scale Figure.

Fjordson

Welp. I'll be picking this up for sure. They said they'll be doing a Warlock and Hunter as well.

DESTINY
Titan
$190 USD

www.bambalandstore.com

- Battle Worn Armor Over A Tailored Cloth Under Suit and a Waist-Secured Titan Mark

WEAPON LOADOUT

Retail Edition will be available for Pre-Order on July 31st and does NOT include the Hawkmoon Hand Cannon Exclusive Weapon. Check the 3A Stockists page to find a retailer near you carrying the 3A Destiny Titan 1/6th Scale Figure.
Hot damn, that looks awesome.

Edit: so I pre-orders won't go up until July 27th? I may try to grab one.

DESTINY
Titan
$190 USD

www.bambalandstore.com

WEAPON LOADOUT

Pretty cool. Not a huge fan of the color scheme. I wish they had chosen more recognizable armor instead of a what looks like a bunch of greens and blues. Would have loved a Titan figure with a Helm of Saint-14. One Exotic armor plus Legendaries would have ideal to me. Making the Hawkmoon exclusive is a bummer, but that seems to be par for the course for 3A and threezero.

Could have been better, maybe I'll pick up the retail edition. Let's just hope they don't fuck it up like Master Chief.

Finally decided to go and order some figures after a LONG time of ignoring them and buying Gunpla instead.
I went with Amazing Spider-Man 2's Spidey and the new War Machine release.
Now to wait for Venom. >.<

LiK

DESTINY
Titan
$190 USD

www.bambalandstore.com

WEAPON LOADOUT

red sucks but i gotta get it from them for dat Hawkmoon. making it exclusive is smart.

dankir

Don't worry guys, they tend to revise their headsculpts quite a bit. I'm definitely getting the Pepper Potts 2 pack.

11071611_943500965714220_2395378530971005529_n.jpg

She doesn't look half bad in this shot.

Here it doesn't look so hot
11755855_10207185017445733_3801604384572819577_n.jpg

Shotgun btw has a mini suit that comes with it as well.

11745951_1155991797748291_4052481189783645509_n.jpg

If you don't have the 1/6 Python armor then this is the next best thing!
11781732_1156010227746448_3086833923962566906_n.jpg

Don't know if I'll get the 1/4 Mark 45, this is getting too pricey for me :( and I have 60 HT figures so far lol.

Mark 45 looks amazin . Is there any mk 45 action figure from other manufactures thats cheaper than hot toys yet? Marvel legends, shfiguarts, figma etc?

damn 60? sheeeeet. I wonder who has the most on this board

I'm glad they aren't releasing anything I want right now, I neeed to save my money for when all the Batman stuff starts coming out next year

dankir

damn 60? sheeeeet. I wonder who has the most on this board

I'm glad they aren't releasing anything I want right now, I neeed to save my money for when all the Batman stuff starts coming out next year

Yeah I mean they've just increased the costs significantly since Hot Toys took on all the marvel movie stuff and DCU.

And with the volume of figures they're releasing it's getting tough. I say that but I still end up buying a lot lol.

I only PO the ones that are going to difficult to obtain once released so specifically the AoU line. I have every figure on PO but the IM3 stuff I'll wait until they're released, there's so many IM3 armors and you can get just about all of them for cheaper when they first came out.

I've got 50 so not me.
Bordering on 40 here so not me either.

I'm glad that Iron Man holds zero interest to me. I own the 1/6th scale from the original Avengers movie and I'm good. I'm generally being far more picky about what I'm buying anymore as well. Specifically for he reason dankir mentioned - the volume they're releasing is too much and I save my dollars for the things I /really/ have to have.

Kinda tempted to get that Pepper combo even though I already have a bootleg Pepper headsculpt that's pretty much the same as the official one, except it's for the Mark 42.

Fjordson

Damn, some people are kinda angry on 3A's Facebook with that Destiny figure. Saying it could turn out shit like their Master Chief lol. Tempted to pick it up, but wary at that price.

What was wrong with their MC figure?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
For the first time, I find myself stuck between a Marvel Legends and a Marvel Select.

Marvel Legends Ant-Man

Better arm articulation and fits into scale with the rest of my figures.

Marvel Select Ant-Man

Movie accurate and better paint, but it won't fit into scale.

This is tough.

image.php

Buy both, then you have multiple Ant-Man scales! Remember, the Legends comes with the super small Ant-Man too.

Toss in the 3.75" figure with Antony and you've got a shrinking/growing diorama!

aparisi2274

Action Figure GAF, I need your help on finding a display case for the combiner wars devastator:

DEVASTATOR_1423963336.jpg

The product dimensions on this guy are:

5D x 21H x 14W inches ; 5 pounds

I can not find a case that will fit this guy, and so I turn to you, fell figure collectors for help.

Thanks!!!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Action Figure GAF, I need your help on finding a display case for the combiner wars devastator:

I can not find a case that will fit this guy, and so I turn to you, fell figure collectors for help.

Thanks!!!

That shit is amazing. So many memories.

Thanks!!!

Send it to my house and I'll find some room. It can be like both of ours but we'll just keep it at my place

What exactly are these doing that Legends aren't?

I think they will give Hasbro a run for their money. They seem to have better paint-jobs, more accessories and more sculpt work on the figure all while being 2 dollars more than the price of a Marvel Legend. The body molds also look unique.As much as I love what Hasbro has been doing, I hate how they rely so much on body molds that have been overused such as the Hyperion Body mold and Bucky Cap. They only recently introduced a new body mold, which is a combination of Hyperion and Bucky Cap.

That being said The only thing I don't like about the Icons series is lack of thigh swivels, but that isn't a major deal-breaker.

dankir

Speaking of Hot Toys.. 1/6th Millennium Falcon!!

18 ft x 12 ft!!

22030_123009164705216_6666439638871059845_n.jpg

They aren't actually making it to sell to the public just for the big shows.

dankir

Jesus christ this thing is small and tiny.

11694000_1028356470529415_6373684053969358647_n.jpg

And those are 1/6 Stormtroopers.
11041545_1028356603862735_350623999740090427_n.jpg

1506676_1028357100529352_6514107171777242576_n.jpg

Interior has some finishing as well.
11760174_1028356820529380_7657866658175998328_n.jpg

Even the tie fighters in background look too big for the public. But they'll sell you just the cockpit :)

11745903_1028356937196035_9060480069358685104_n.jpg

Top Bottom