• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Yep and I missed nick fury first time around. I'll get that one.

This Nick looks particularly grumpy. As he should. I may have to pick him up...

I think Hot Toys have finally broken me...I realised I have appx 15 Iron Man figures (I admit this is nothing compared to others collections) sitting in boxes not displayed along with a crap load of others. This madness has to stop. I have a problem. It's an addiction.

But they do look so pretty...and they are damned poseable...and are bound to appreciate in value and make me a millionaire right?! Right?

The people with the most expensive bits of plastic when they die get to go to the best place in the afterlife right?

What is with this "Flying Ant" naming business in the picture? He has/
had
a name.
It's just their way of labeling the set. They say Anthony in their announcement reveal.

Yep and I missed nick fury first time around. I'll get that one.
I missed the first one as well. Thinking about getting this one since the likeness looks to be better than the first release.

dankir

Get your wallets ready guise

lfWQ3xXl.jpg

lol, I'd guess if they ever actually made it, it'll be 15 - 25 k.
11792060_697377963728836_1426911353098099375_o.jpg

Jesus!!!

dankir

More Enterbay NBA Shaq.

11018582_602600099842729_5827237096770461257_n.jpg

11745858_602600176509388_8522116294082728142_n.jpg

Also Hot Toys has added that Jackhammer tool to Hulk Buster

Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep

11738028_678447628952341_4769521486376577073_n.jpg

dankir

Hot Toys already getting the Back to the Future 2 stuff ready.

Hovering DeLorean

11760156_10153395187666276_6715039917602682971_n.jpg

Antony figure and mini Ant man figs

10521908_123118784694254_962498806445259288_n.jpg

Scale comparison, Antony is huge lol @ 10 cm
10439032_123118808027585_692307091300793292_n.jpg

You Marvel Legends fans vote on their website yet?

"The fans at San Diego Comic-Con have spoken. Sixteen Marvel Heroes were up to become the new Marvel Legends figure, but now only four remain! The champions are Darkhawk, Angela, Symbiote Spider-Man and Mysterio and now it is up to you to vote for your favorite and choose who becomes Hasbro’s next Marvel Legend!"

http://marvel.com/news/toys/24886/vote_for_the_new_hasbro_marvel_legends_figure_and_win

I would be cool with either Darkhawk, Symbiote Spider-Man or Mysterio. Went with Darkhawk figuring he is the least likely to show up in future waves.

Drayco21

Symbiote Spider-Man is totally getting made.

This is my biggest problem with the poll. Like, no shit Symbiote Spidey is running away with it, he's only big name character on there, and at the same time, he doesn't need a fan poll to get made. Hasbro puts out 2-3 Spidey waves a year, even when there's no Spidey movie, and a black repaint of the Pizza Spidey mold is so easy for them to do that it's trivial.

I voted Darkhawk, because he seems like the one least likely to get made. Whole thing just feels like an excuse to throw a "Fan's Choice" sticker on an upcoming Symbiote Spidey they already started.

Poor Quasar never had a chance :(

Interesting choice to give Drax the red pants from the Ravagers outfits. If I was collecting the GotG figures that would really bug me since all of the other characters are in their original outfits.

dankir

Interesting choice to give Drax the red pants from the Ravagers outfits. If I was collecting the GotG figures that would really bug me since all of the other characters are in their original outfits.

They said its a prototype still, so that could change I guess when it officially releases.

Drayco21

Well, I threatened pictures; Marvel Legends Ant-Man is actually a ton of fun to pose around.

I think the Ant-Man movie had some of the coolest costume designs out of the entire MCU so far; they looked so damn cool, both as a static piece, and even moreso in motion, doing crazy shrinking hijinks. Fortunately, the Marvel Legends figure is a full new sculpt to capture that, and it's pretty much perfect- the costume is covered in details across the front and the back, with a great, clean paintwork that really makes it pop... except for one major, major problem; his mask is wrong, and it's totally baffling. The entire exposed face should be covered by the piece on his chin. I know a lot of CG effect stuff can lead to weird figures because of unfinished early concepts getting changed in production (like the Red Skull figure for the first Cap having Hugo Weaving's black mocap suit nose pre-CG removal, or the first Bayformers having different heads), but from the test footage that was leaked a couple years ago, this design was mostly locked down for a good while. It's a bummer, because the exposed face really throws me off and looks terrible. It's a pretty easy fix, but that shouldn't excuse the design decision to begin with.

Still, that's nearly my only complaint with him. If I have any other issues, it's the plastic used on his hips and legs. They aren't quite as gummy and weak as the knees and elbows used for the Guardians figures, but they are noticeably weaker than the rest of his wavemates. As a result, his hips feel super lose and his knees don't support him very well, so he falls over easy and doesn't do a great job holding a pose. It's nowhere near as bad as the Guardians figures though, and those were ultimately okay. Aside from that, I've had a ton of fun just fiddling around and posing him.

He even comes with a bunch of awesome accessories! We never get those with Legends anymore. He gets a really tiny Ant-Man and Yellowjacket, and an Antony that the tiny Ant-Man can ride on. It's a really neat addition that I never would have expected ahead of time, and it's nice that, while we're not getting a proper Yellowjacket for a bunch of d-list villains with no ties to Ant-Man, he can at least get some kind of representation here. We should really have gotten Yellowjacket instead of a Tiger Shark or something though; his design was too cool to just ignore.

As far as I'm concerned though, this is almost a perfect Legends figure. A fixed facemask and tighter hips, and he'd have been one of the best figures in a top notch year for the line. As it is, he's still a really, really awesome figure. Looking forward to picking up the 4" version and having him posed to look like he's changing sizes on the shelf.

curb

Banned
I wish I liked the face on the Marvel Legends Ant-Man more. It's neither all the way open or closed and it reminds me of Batman (in a bad way in this case). I wish they had a different head with the breather portion on.

NEO0MJ

man, not sure if I should pick up the EX-Gokin Grendizer or not. My biggest problem is with the blue and purle. Wish it was more muted. Thing is there's no guarantee that the eventual recolor would work with me, especially if they go black with it. What do you guys think?

Also, it looks like Fewture's next EXGokin project is Raideen. This could be very, very cool.

artactfewwinwonfes2.jpg

man, not sure if I should pick up the EX-Gokin Grendizer or not. My biggest problem is with the blue and purle. Wish it was more muted. Thing is there's no guarantee that the eventual recolor would work with me, especially if they go black with it. What do you guys think?

Not a fan of that design, the EX Gokin Getter Dragon however...
EX_GOKIN_GETTER_DRAGON_8_26CM_OCT2013_ARTSTORM_32800_zpsfdae1cb3.jpg

Always wanted all 3 of them
TTEXGETTERG_002_zps87c0b960.jpg

Dat Raideen has potential too

Well, I threatened pictures; Marvel Legends Ant-Man is actually a ton of fun to pose around.

I think the Ant-Man movie had some of the coolest costume designs out of the entire MCU so far; they looked so damn cool, both as a static piece, and even moreso in motion, doing crazy shrinking hijinks. Fortunately, the Marvel Legends figure is a full new sculpt to capture that, and it's pretty much perfect- the costume is covered in details across the front and the back, with a great, clean paintwork that really makes it pop... except for one major, major problem; his mask is wrong, and it's totally baffling. The entire exposed face should be covered by the piece on his chin. I know a lot of CG effect stuff can lead to weird figures because of unfinished early concepts getting changed in production (like the Red Skull figure for the first Cap having Hugo Weaving's black mocap suit nose pre-CG removal, or the first Bayformers having different heads), but from the test footage that was leaked a couple years ago, this design was mostly locked down for a good while. It's a bummer, because the exposed face really throws me off and looks terrible. It's a pretty easy fix, but that shouldn't excuse the design decision to begin with.

Still, that's nearly my only complaint with him. If I have any other issues, it's the plastic used on his hips and legs. They aren't quite as gummy and weak as the knees and elbows used for the Guardians figures, but they are noticeably weaker than the rest of his wavemates. As a result, his hips feel super lose and his knees don't support him very well, so he falls over easy and doesn't do a great job holding a pose. It's nowhere near as bad as the Guardians figures though, and those were ultimately okay. Aside from that, I've had a ton of fun just fiddling around and posing him.

He even comes with a bunch of awesome accessories! We never get those with Legends anymore. He gets a really tiny Ant-Man and Yellowjacket, and an Antony that the tiny Ant-Man can ride on. It's a really neat addition that I never would have expected ahead of time, and it's nice that, while we're not getting a proper Yellowjacket for a bunch of d-list villains with no ties to Ant-Man, he can at least get some kind of representation here. We should really have gotten Yellowjacket instead of a Tiger Shark or something though; his design was too cool to just ignore.

As far as I'm concerned though, this is almost a perfect Legends figure. A fixed facemask and tighter hips, and he'd have been one of the best figures in a top notch year for the line. As it is, he's still a really, really awesome figure. Looking forward to picking up the 4" version and having him posed to look like he's changing sizes on the shelf.

Thanks for the pictures. I now want to pick him up haha. He reminds me of a Kamen Rider

Top Bottom