• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Fjordson

Figma Femto is finally happening!

tumblr_ns2lwcmZgw1sh11j9o1_1280.jpg
Oh goddamn. I need this!

Replicant

Fate/Stay Night something..... definitely not figma. Those clothes are not made of plastic but texture cloths. They look really close to their anime counterpart though, especially Saber.

21qkcMg.jpg

Fate/Stay Night something..... definitely not figma. Those clothes are not made of plastic but texture cloths. They look really close to their anime counterpart though, especially Saber.

Not familiar with the show (or manga?) but they look OK I guess, I am more interested in the figures further back, those look right up my alley.

Oh and Figma is killing it in this Wonfes, Hulk Figma also finally happening.

FSLAR1437875416.jpeg

Those knee joints certainly look like Figma. Maybe they're using cloth now?

Not Figma's the bases give them away.

Wanderer5

Sherlock Hound figma is looking great there. I just wonder how it going to go with him and his car when he is put up for order. Be nice to just get him separately, depending on the price of him + car. I don't know I like thinking of those motorcycle racing miku figmas that have the motorcycles you get separately.

Wanderer5

So looks like Zero Suit Samus figma actually still exists lol, even if just a picture of her Other M character art still, but whatever.

yami4ct

Action Figure GAF, I need your help on finding a display case for the combiner wars devastator:

[IG]http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/02/DEVASTATOR_1423963336.jpg[/IMG]

The product dimensions on this guy are:

5D x 21H x 14W inches ; 5 pounds

I can not find a case that will fit this guy, and so I turn to you, fell figure collectors for help.

Thanks!!!

Leaders and Supreme class figures have always been a problem for me display wise. Titans are even worse. You're options are: Take a shelf out of an existing case to make room, Place it on top of a case, or use a desk as a display stand and place them on the top or underneath. Number 3 is what I do. I use a tiered Ikea computer desk that looks sort of like this one.

Mine is a cheaper, less deluxe version, though. Top shelf is for MG Gundams, Middle for MPs and the main desk is my huge Classics/Universe/Generations collection. Very large figures like Fort Max, MP Star Saber, Titan Metroplex, etc go underneath.

Figma announcements have me real excited. Might have to break my Toku and Robot only rule and get that Kazuma one. Love me some Yakuza. That Femto one is also so damn tempting.

Fjordson

Leaders and Supreme class figures have always been a problem for me display wise. Titans are even worse. You're options are: Take a shelf out of an existing case to make room, Place it on top of a case, or use a desk as a display stand and place them on the top or underneath. Number 3 is what I do. I use a tiered Ikea computer desk that looks sort of like this one.

Mine is a cheaper, less deluxe version, though. Top shelf is for MG Gundams, Middle for MPs and the main desk is my huge Classics/Universe/Generations collection. Very large figures like Fort Max, MP Star Saber, Titan Metroplex, etc go underneath.

Figma announcements have me real excited. Might have to break my Toku and Robot only rule and get that Kazuma one. Love me some Yakuza. That Femto one is also so damn tempting.
They're doing a Kazuma figure? Gonna need that also.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Speaking of Kazuma, I'm disappointed they didn't even have an unpainted prototype to show off at this Summer WonderFest thing. Max Factory had announced him at the last Winter WF, figured we'd have something to see by now.

Kiryu better come with a random goon and a bench to suplex that random goon onto as accessories. Gotta be authentic to the Yakuza experience, y'know.

Replicant

Good catch, they should do a new Figma Cap with the new uniform and taller, Figma Cap is the most underwhelming Figma avenger so far.

GSC sucks at non-cartoon male character face sculpting though. They'll probably botch another non-chibi Cap.

Nendo Cap, I'm sure it would be cute. Figma Cap, it'll be horrendous like... That other figma Cap, Solid Snake, etc.

Hell, even Figma Archer (Fate/Stay Night), don't look as good as it should be and that's anime. I hope Kazuma looks decent but I'm not holding my breath.

Fjordson

GSC sucks at non-cartoon male character face sculpting though. They'll probably botch another non-chibi Cap.

Nendo Cap, I'm sure it would be cute. Figma Cap, it'll be horrendous like... That other figma Cap, Solid Snake, etc.

Hell, even Figma Archer (Fate/Stay Night), don't look as good as it should be and that's anime. I hope Kazuma looks decent but I'm not holding my breath.
Good point on Kazuma.

Like I've seen the new MGS 2 Solid Snake in person and the face is just goofy as hell. Great figure overall, but that looked bad.

I still pre-ordered Figma Bruce Lee because well I am weak like that.

Amiami Blog put a ton of pictures and there are some amazing stuff (too much to put here)

But this Great Mazinger will be mine:

Some other cool stuff:

Replicant

I still pre-ordered Figma Bruce Lee because well I am weak like that.

Amiami Blog put a ton of pictures and there are some amazing stuff (too much to put here)

But this Great Mazinger will be mine:

Some other cool stuff:

OMG why? His face is nightmare personified.

I'd rather put more money on that Mazinger Z figure. It looks worth every penny.

Tizoc

man, not sure if I should pick up the EX-Gokin Grendizer or not. My biggest problem is with the blue and purle. Wish it was more muted. Thing is there's no guarantee that the eventual recolor would work with me, especially if they go black with it. What do you guys think?

Also, it looks like Fewture's next EXGokin project is Raideen. This could be very, very cool.

artactfewwinwonfes2.jpg

Wait wut wut, what Grendizer is that o_O

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've wanted a Mazinger forever, but there's so many that I never can figure out a good pick.

And I want one that's a little bigger than the usual offerings. Like Megazord sized.

NEO0MJ

I've wanted a Mazinger forever, but there's so many that I never can figure out a good pick.

And I want one that's a little bigger than the usual offerings. Like Megazord sized.

Only three quality Mazinger figures that I know of are around that height. The DX Soul of Chogokin Mazinger, the Fewture Artstorm EX Gokin 1969 Mazinger, and the Three Zero Mazinger. All three are pretty expensive and rare though.

If you don't mind having a shorter figure at 6.5 inches then the GX-45 Mazinger Z is easier to find and cheaper.

Eolz

Definitely want to get the ZSS and VF figmas.
Any buying advices, dates I should look out for? First time I'd preorder one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Definitely want to get the ZSS and VF figmas.
Any buying advices, dates I should look out for? First time I'd preorder one.

amiami has a 5 second preorder window

though the VF ones will probably show up on Amazon if I had to guess. It's sad that not everything does, but I guess I should just be happy most figuarts get an amazon page now. Used to be struggle 2 am amiami ordering

ohkay

After gawking at all the Hot Toys figures, I think I've decided to jump into figure collecting and pick up an Iron Man of some sort. I've been eyeing the War Machine Mark II, Iron Patriot, or Silver Centurion (the Mark XLV would be here too, but I don't think I wanna wait a year to get my first figure). Anyone have any thoughts on these, or any other readily available and not too expensive Iron Man out there right now?

aparisi2274

I have the Detolf case from ikea, and the way it is right now, I can't really remove a shelf because they are all full.... What I might try to do is raise a shelf up using some sort of shelf raisers or if I have to try and manufacture something myself, I'll try that too..

Thanks

Those are all just announcement cards. They don't even have sculpts yet. Most of the WonFest stuff is going to see release in 2016.

I know, I'm just really excited for Yakuza figures I can actually own...Kiryu's has been announced for a while however, kind of disappointed we haven't seen a proto-type sculpture for him at least.

After gawking at all the Hot Toys figures, I think I've decided to jump into figure collecting and pick up an Iron Man of some sort. I've been eyeing the War Machine Mark II, Iron Patriot, or Silver Centurion (the Mark XLV would be here too, but I don't think I wanna wait a year to get my first figure). Anyone have any thoughts on these, or any other readily available and not too expensive Iron Man out there right now?

If you really want a lower cost "starter" Hot Toys IM, you can always get the Power Pose figure. Only $150 and I think still available at BBTS.

I have the Detolf case from ikea, and the way it is right now, I can't really remove a shelf because they are all full.... What I might try to do is raise a shelf up using some sort of shelf raisers or if I have to try and manufacture something myself, I'll try that too..

Thanks
These seem to be the most popular solution to detolf shelf height adjustments:

bracket.jpg~original

I've finally got around to opening my Medicos Goku last week and the base has a huge scratch across it, Amiami only offered a 500jpy partial refund. I guess I'll be selling it for one of those sexy Wonfest figures.

What are the definitive Bison and Cammy figures?

yami4ct

Thanks

I love the Titan class stuff, but man has it made displaying stuff really difficult. The Detolf is great for showpiece collections if you can make them work in there. I use mine for the couple Botcon sets I've got. I ended up going the desk display route because at some point, my Classics-style collection became too big to even consider any sort of case display. It's even filing that up now. Pretty soon I might need to clear and pack away my Unicron Trilogy and some movie stuff to make room in my bookcase display.

HLJ's sale on some of those G-Reco kits is really tempting. Like most of their sales, I haven't really found much else for me. It's nice for the people that collect RDs, but other than those on the whole it's pretty bad. It's sad we no longer really get Figuarts deals since Bandai seems really good about not overproducing any of them.

Top Bottom