• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Waiting for Bungiestore.com version to pop up. I want that Hammer of Sol.

Will probably just 3D print a 1/6 Scale Hawkmoon down the road.

BgFfSHD.jpg

dankir

After gawking at all the Hot Toys figures, I think I've decided to jump into figure collecting and pick up an Iron Man of some sort. I've been eyeing the War Machine Mark II, Iron Patriot, or Silver Centurion (the Mark XLV would be here too, but I don't think I wanna wait a year to get my first figure). Anyone have any thoughts on these, or any other readily available and not too expensive Iron Man out there right now?

If you really want a lower cost "starter" Hot Toys IM, you can always get the Power Pose figure. Only $150 and I think still available at BBTS.

Honestly don't bother with the two power pose figures. If 1/6 HT figures are too pricey for you now I would save up you just can't beat the poseability. Otherwise check out the KingArts 1/9 line. All the detail and articulation just a bit smaller but cheaper too.

The Powerpose 42 is just a waste IMO and you'll be like that's it? It really has nothing on the 1/6th Mark 42 and you're missing out on what Hot Toys does best if you skip out on the articulation, accessories, etc. I have the PP Red Snapper and I just wonder why it wasn't a full blown figure. They released Peacemaker shortly after which is completely articulated.
I doubt the line did very well at all and it's probably dead.

ohkay

Oh, it's not a matter of the figures being too expensive, it's more the out of print ones being pricey on the secondary market, so I was just looking for some recommendations of figures available at retail price

Enron

Banned
HLJ's sale on some of those G-Reco kits is really tempting. Like most of their sales, I haven't really found much else for me. It's nice for the people that collect RDs, but other than those on the whole it's pretty bad. It's sad we no longer really get Figuarts deals since Bandai seems really good about not overproducing any of them.

There's two Figuarts in the sale. Honoka from Love Live and

MASTER

FUKKIN'

ASIA

Master Asia is like 20 bucks. I nearly bought him too.

After gawking at all the Hot Toys figures, I think I've decided to jump into figure collecting and pick up an Iron Man of some sort. I've been eyeing the War Machine Mark II, Iron Patriot, or Silver Centurion (the Mark XLV would be here too, but I don't think I wanna wait a year to get my first figure). Anyone have any thoughts on these, or any other readily available and not too expensive Iron Man out there right now?
Get the Iron Patriot, it's such an amazing figure and can be had for a great price now. The colors and paintwork are amazing, the posability is fantastic, the sculpt and proportions are superb. In my opinion, it's one of the best Iron Man figures to date. The War Machine Mark II is the same figure but repainted (slight remolding to remove the star on the chest) so you can't go wrong with it either, but it'll also cost you way more.

dankir

Oh, it's not a matter of the figures being too expensive, it's more the out of print ones being pricey on the secondary market, so I was just looking for some recommendations of figures available at retail price

Then go with the 1/6th figures, I have 20 Iron Man Armors in 1/6 scale and they're all freaking amazing. There's a reason why it's one of the most popular lines they have and you have TONS of choice lol.

Lots more to come.

The Mark 43 is still widely available and it's my fave Iron Man figure to date. Or you can wait a bit for the Mark III. Both die cast figures, which I think is the key to Iron Man figures now. Their plastic armors just seem cheap.

Eolz

amiami has a 5 second preorder window

though the VF ones will probably show up on Amazon if I had to guess. It's sad that not everything does, but I guess I should just be happy most figuarts get an amazon page now. Used to be struggle 2 am amiami ordering

Thanks for the answer.
Previously bought stuff from CDJapan and 1999 too, so can deal with that. Might also try the goodsmile website, heard it's great despite being more expensive.

Fjordson

Not sure I'll pre-order the Destiny fig, even though I want it.

Will wait to see how it is and buy one when it's out if it's available.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thanks for the answer.
Previously bought stuff from CDJapan and 1999 too, so can deal with that. Might also try the goodsmile website, heard it's great despite being more expensive.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with amiami. Usually go the cheap shipping route and still get it in around 2 weeks. They're good about shipping your stuff as soon as you pay and their customer service is fairly understanding and pretty responsive(Though they will cut you off if you request too many cancellations on pre-orders).

Fjordson

I've had nothing but positive experiences with amiami. Usually go the cheap shipping route and still get it in around 2 weeks. They're good about shipping your stuff as soon as you pay and their customer service is fairly understanding and pretty responsive(Though they will cut you off if you request too many cancellations on pre-orders).
When do they charge for pre-orders? Do they wait until they actually have the figure in stock?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When do they charge for pre-orders? Do they wait until they actually have the figure in stock?

If you do paypal, they send you an email as soon as it's ready to be shipped. I think you have 2-3 days to respond to the paypal request. If it's a credit card, I'm pretty sure they just charge you as soon as the item's ready to ship.

Fjordson

If you do paypal, they send you an email as soon as it's ready to be shipped. I think you have 2-3 days to respond to the paypal request. If it's a credit card, I'm pretty sure they just charge you as soon as the item's ready to ship.
Alright cool. Want to pre-order something that's due out in October, but was hoping they'd wait until it actually comes in to charge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alright cool. Want to pre-order something that's due out in October, but was hoping they'd wait until it actually comes in to charge.

I'd double check with someone else in here for credit card. I've been strictly paypal for this stuff for a while.

Rootbeer

Banned
Figuarts Hulk and Cap arriving hopefully tomorrow. Hit US shores yesterday. I'm going to hae to think long and hard on Ultron. I have the Hasbro BAF Ultron and I'm not really itching for a new Ultron. I'd like more of the Avengers lineup though... or better yet, more Star Wars. I've managed to order SHF Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke and Darth Maul. Looking forward to what they have coming afterwards.

SUPARSTARX

Star Lord is sold out. His price is climbing on the reseller market. :(

Drax effect is going very strong as everyone wants to complete their GOTG.

I got the new stealth mark 7 but I don't think I'm too impressed with it. I'm gonna flip it and use it toward completing my Dark Knight set with the new Blake and Gordon bat signal set.

I got the new stealth mark 7 but I don't think I'm too impressed with it. I'm gonna flip it and use it toward completing my Dark Knight set with the new Blake and Gordon bat signal set.

I'm going to just have to wait for GotG2 for Star Lord.

LiK

I have Starlord SS exclusive. Gotta be worth something hehe

Flintty

Yeah I'm glad I bit the exclusive, he was the figure that got me into HTs. My intention was to get Guardians set and Avengers.

I also have the stealth MK VII but gonna sell as he doesn't really fit in my collection

Rootbeer

Banned
I feel incredibly lucky but my hard work paid off.

I spent 8 hours (at work mind you :p) refreshing hasbrotoyshop.com waiting on the SDCC exclusives to go live.

They did not go live at all during that period. :(

Immediately after I got off work, I switched to checking on my phone instead. And behold... about 15 minutes after I leave work they go up. By some magic that I don't quite understand, I was able to add the First Order Stormtrooper and the Marvel Legends Book of Vishanti to my cart and check out... all via my smartphone on a crowded, loud, shaky bus. I couldn't believe how fortunate I was. But my perseverance paid off!

I hope some of you were also able to get some of the SDCC items before they sold out.

I know you were, Diggeh ;)

dankir

My Mark 7 stealth is on it's way but how come everybody is saying they aren't impressed with him?

I keep reading that the official pics Hot Toys made don't reflect the figure it self.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I spent 8 hours (at work mind you :p) refreshing hasbrotoyshop.com waiting on the SDCC exclusives to go live.

Immediately after I got off work, I switched to checking on my phone instead. And behold... about 15 minutes after I leave work they go up. By some magic that I don't quite understand, I was able to add the First Order Stormtrooper and the Marvel Legends Book of Vashanti to my cart and check out... all via my smartphone on a crowded, loud, shaky bus. I couldn't believe how fortunate I was. But my perseverance paid off!

I hope some of you were also able to get some of the SDCC items before they sold out.

MOqAti7.jpg

dankir

Hot Toys CEO kneeling on his masterpiece

11811453_1160259200654884_7558997929108008302_n.jpg

The cockpit only portion of the falcon their releasing still looks pretty huge to me.

My Mark 7 stealth is on it's way but how come everybody is saying they aren't impressed with him?

I keep reading that the official pics Hot Toys made don't reflect the figure it self.

Personally, I love it. I think the problem is that since it's all black, it's hard to see the little details on it without proper lighting. It's also really hard to photograph unless you have just the right light. Probably most of the time when you look at it in person you'll just see an Iron Man silhouette rather than a figure. That's my guess anyway. I think it's great though.

Immediately after I got off work, I switched to checking on my phone instead. And behold... about 15 minutes after I leave work they go up. By some magic that I don't quite understand, I was able to add the First Order Stormtrooper and the Marvel Legends Book of Vishanti to my cart and check out... all via my smartphone on a crowded, loud, shaky bus. I couldn't believe how fortunate I was. But my perseverance paid off!

Sigh.

Fuck everything.

I'd love a Stealth Mark 7...havent tried sourcing one yet, I imagine its pricey to get in the UK but I'd love one in my collection.

LiK

I haven't opened the Stealth yet but it's the figure I've been wanting for years. Disappointed we never saw it in the movies but at least we have one version from Hot Toys. Kinda bummed some guys are already gonna flip it.

aparisi2274

Posted this over in the Transformers thread, but wanted to post here..

I picked up MX-I Apollyon, which is a 3rd party KO of Megatron, and I have to say it is light years ahead of the product that Takara put out... granted that was almost 10yrs ago, but still, everything about this KO is perfect.

20092865472_c0064e8952_b.jpg

Knowing Takara, I doubt they'll put out a new update to Megatron, because they probably want to distance themselves from a toy gun that looks pretty real. If they do an update, he'll probably transform into a tank or something, but for the time being I am extremely happy with the purchase.

EDIT: I had to apply the Decepticon logo, as it did not come with it.

So I'm in the Philippines! Home of not only my relatives, crazy ass Tekken players, corrupt politicians, and smog...but awesome ass toy stores within the Greenhills Shopping Center right over in Manila. Here's my haul!

I got these over at GreatToysOnline.com (that's the name of the store) and Best Toys.

I have a rule about buying toys online and that is if I'm ever on the fence about it and it's over 60 bucks, I need to buy it in a shop cause I would rather have the instant gratification of owning instantly. It's just how my broke ass is alright! So GTO had the MGS2 Snake Max Factory figure and it was the last one. Got it for 3000 Philippine pesos (65 bucks) and I've never been happier. I also got Naked Snake cause fuck it.

Also I got Michael Jackson cause they didn't have the members of Daft Punk

I also bought a pair of Chuck Taylor II's soley on the fact that I thought it would be hard to find them in San Francisco. I think I'm totally wrong but whatever, I got new shoes. So yeah, one of my favorite things about going to the Philippines is the love of collecting figures and it's scene. If you ever find yourself in Manila head over to Greenhills Shopping Center and get yourself some fake ass Louis Vutton belts and some awesome figs.

paolo11

So I'm in the Philippines! Home of not only my relatives, crazy ass Tekken players, corrupt politicians, and smog...but awesome ass toy stores within the Greenhills Shopping Center right over in Manila. Here's my haul!

I got these over at GreatToysOnline.com (that's the name of the store) and Best Toys.

I have a rule about buying toys online and that is if I'm ever on the fence about it and it's over 60 bucks, I need to buy it in a shop cause I would rather have the instant gratification of owning instantly. It's just how my broke ass is alright! So GTO had the MGS2 Snake Max Factory figure and it was the last one. Got it for 3000 Philippine pesos (65 bucks) and I've never been happier. I also got Naked Snake cause fuck it.

Also I got Michael Jackson cause they didn't have the members of Daft Punk

I also bought a pair of Chuck Taylor II's soley on the fact that I thought it would be hard to find them in San Francisco. I think I'm totally wrong but whatever, I got new shoes. So yeah, one of my favorite things about going to the Philippines is the love of collecting figures and it's scene. If you ever find yourself in Manila head over to Greenhills Shopping Center and get yourself some fake ass Louis Vutton belts and some awesome figs.

Nice. I'm going there on November. Hopefully it is still on stock. Mgs 2 figma.

Do they have Play Arts Cloud Advent Children?

Boke1879

I'm glad you were able to get one of the stormtroopers. I sat there for so long and then their site started to slow down. I had it in my cart but then I guess it had sold out when i went to check out.

I'm a bit bitter because I'm sure resellers will have this up on ebay for 100+

Randy Savage

Neo Member
Don't know if this is the right topic to ask, if not, sorry...

But I ordered the Jamais Vu Raiden from Amiami. They sent it last friday and I received the package today (Japan-Amsterdam) only to discover there's a Play Arts batman inside the box.

Anybody ever had something like this before with Amiami and how did they respond/solve this?

Because I just paid €200 for a pretty worthless figure (no offence to people who like Batman)

Top Bottom