• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Mœbius

Is that detail true? Didn't know that.
About the number yes; there's a card inside with a number from the 750 (it's also written on the bottom of the model). As for it being convention exclusive; it says so on the packaging but I believe there'a a way to get it directly online as well (not incl. ebay etc. obviously).

NEO0MJ

About the number yes; there's a card inside with a number from the 750 (it's also written on the bottom of the model). As for it being convention exclusive; it says so on the packaging but I believe there'a a way to get it directly online as well (not incl. ebay etc. obviously).

I meant the backstory behind the figure :p

Flintty

Anyone got any other suggestions for UK online stores to get figures from other than Forbidden Planet? Im always trying to avoid importing because of the charges but the UK seems terrible for this kind of stuff. Im mostly using eBay at the moment.

Ordersixtysixtoys.co.uk and Lairoftheoctopus.co.uk are pretty good.

If it's high end collectibles, collectiblesdirect.co.uk are one of the best.

Flintty

Zavvi sometimes have good deals (and xx% off vouchers) but their customer service has been atrocious for me in the past.

I once ordered a Hot Toys Man of Steel for £114 which was a good deal but when I got him there was a serious QC problem on the S emblem. It took me a few attempts to get them to pay for return postage.

Mœbius

I meant the backstory behind the figure :p
Oh! lol. Yeah it's true. Ralph McQuarrie's original concept art was on a much more formal / clean looking "Super Stormtrooper", all white armour but with more tools, weapons, mobility etc; so the first costume the production team made was based on that.

vGwiMnNm.jpg
0vSP3FSm.jpg

At some point after they made and tested it the role was changed to that of a bounty hunter so they changed up the colours / look to suit the lifestlye.

NEO0MJ

Oh! lol. Yeah it's true. Ralph McQuarrie's original concept art was on a much more formal / clean looking "Super Stormtrooper", all white armour but with more tools, weapons, mobility etc; so the first costume the production team made was based on that.

vGwiMnNm.jpg
0vSP3FSm.jpg

At some point after they made and tested it the role was changed to that of a bounty hunter so they changed up the colours / look to suit the lifestlye.

That's cool. Is that why he's wearing a poncho in the second pic?

I ended up ordering the Kotobukiya ArtFX Flash and Superman for now instead of The Hulk from Zavvi as they were cheaper. I'm planning on getting the whole Justice League and Avengers sets now though so I'll have them all eventually.

A4413.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg
2507781.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

Got to admit I would love to get the £200 statues as the detail on them is just crazy but I cant bring myself to pay that kind of money so until I win the lottery these will have to do!

sol_bad

Does anyone know if there will be any 're-releases of the earlier waves of the Star Wars Black series?

If no t are there any cheap places to get them still?

Drayco21

Does anyone know if there will be any 're-releases of the earlier waves of the Star Wars Black series?

If no t are there any cheap places to get them still?

A leak shows that we're getting what looks like a new head on Chewie with all the Force Awakens stuff, but I wouldn't expect most of them to get straight rereleases anytime soon, since the emphasis will be on the new movie stuff. Maybe the wave with Jango, Ahsoka and Kanan will get padded out with one of the harder to find ones like Maul, Vader or Boba.

Hopefully when the new movie hits, and products start moving, retail starts caring about Star Wars again, because my local stores have had the same four or five Slave Leias, one badly painted Luke Skywalker, and a dozen Greedo for a solid year or something now.

vGwiMnNm.jpg
0vSP3FSm.jpg

Sideshow actually did a full 1/6th scale version of this as well:

1001361-boba-fett-prototype-armor-001.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

Not so much a figure but I added this to the collection today. Sideshow Premium Format Dr. Doom.

doom36vsie.jpg

doom42ys5t.jpg

doom12kqbc.jpg

doom6qms9r.jpg

With the flash on for some more detail:

doom5yksfw.jpg

More progress on the Movie Masters Batfleck. Just a black wash over the grey. Fixed the eyes.
SX9l39N.jpg
Scaled with ML Ant-man
KEeVqoU.jpg
I really like the paint app on the BAF Ultron. It doesn't really show in the pictures but it's a neat effect.
pPqfFL4.jpg
I have no idea why they did the open mouth mask for Ant-man, never has that look in the films. The mask is pretty easy to mod though. The 'breather' is a separate piece you can remove without too much hassle.
FScYBBj.jpg
I also silvered some of the piping they elected to not detail as well.
Vs3Pe34.jpg
Massively improves the figure overall. Then I gave it a clear matte spray to dull the shine and protect my alterations.
OjNTBjr.jpg

Hobby Search is great. A bit on the high side price wise, but a very reputable and good retailer overall.

They're not as cheap as AmiAmi, but they're less expensive than Hobbylink Japan. Though HLJ does give you the added bonus of being able to cancel your own orders. So it's sometimes worth paying a bit more if you're not 100% sure about an item.

Rootbeer

Banned
I need to get Woody... not just for the creep face but because we'll probably never get a Woody toy that is as good as him ever again.

Also now I need to get Movie Realization Vader (and maybe Stormtrooper) cause I caved on that Boba Fett!

Replicant

Pervy Woody is getting yet another re-release?

He always seems to be in demand.

4th best selling item @ AmiAmi even now. Yeah, it's definitely in great demand.

Also, this just came up on my Facebook feed:

ZnPNR5A.jpg

I need to get this. I already own the much higher quality G.E.M version of Kakashi but an S.H Figuarts version for my office would be nice to have. 4th Hokage is also being made:

9ByAhyh.jpg

4th best selling item @ AmiAmi even now. Yeah, it's definitely in great demand.

Also, this just came up on my Facebook feed:

ZnPNR5A.jpg

I need to get this. I already own the much higher quality G.E.M version of Kakashi but an S.H Figuarts version for my office would be nice to have. 4th Hokage is also being made:

9ByAhyh.jpg

Pretty much will order Minato (he's up on some sites), but at the same time I really shouldn't splurge on more toys.

Just wish Kakshi looked better otherwise I'd be all over it, as well.

Zombine

Banned
Diggeh pulls through like usual. Preordered Boba Fett. Knowing him though his armor is going to malfunction and he'll accidentally commit seppuku.

Fjordson

I found one of the Dark Knight Returns Batman figures from Mezco on ebay for $80. Mint in box. Had to order it. Always thought it looked like one of the better Batman figures around, but I've never been able to get my hands on one until now.

Diggeh pulls through like usual. Preordered Boba Fett. Knowing him though his armor is going to malfunction and he'll accidentally commit seppuku.
lmao

Fjordson

I wanted to ask a question in Figure GAF but I guess something happened a few months ago and now it's banned?
Super banned.

We had warned you to tone it down. You did not, and in fact, had community support to continue. Probably the most disturbing was when the picture in question was posted, some of you didn't even see a problem. If we catch you trying to take over another thread, bans will be long.

Top Bottom