• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Thorzilla

Guys, sorry to break in again. My sister found second hand Play Arts' Vaan and Balthier in pristine condition and got them for me. Problem is, they came with no accessories. Does anyone know where I can get spare parts? I'm not in the figure scene so I'm really, really lost. eBay and such just sell me the whole figures so I'm not interested. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Bloodember

Guys, sorry to break in again. My sister found second hand Play Arts' Vaan and Balthier in pristine condition and got them for me. Problem is, they came with no accessories. Does anyone know where I can get spare parts? I'm not in the figure scene so I'm really, really lost. eBay and such just sell me the whole figures so I'm not interested. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

You might be able to have someone 3d print some replacements. Other than that eBay and check second hand toy stores.

Play Arts Dawn of Justice

12107795_10153619328056730_2157033156997142990_n.jpg

12108987_10153619328086730_207652135880228536_n.jpg

12074956_10153619328206730_2167695820650597838_n.jpg

12112131_10153619328271730_2508939765425069536_n.jpg

I think they all look pretty good, except for Superman.

That Link Figma is really cool, better than the Skyward Sword one. I haven't played the 3DS one, but that looks pretty much like the original Link to the Past one. I think I'm on board with that.
Even better than LTTP because LBW Link wears white leggings.

I don't like no pants Link.

BTW, SH Figuarts Bowser coming, doesn't look very posable though. Hopefully this is just an early prototype. Also Hammer Bro and Lakitu shown.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/10/08/nycc-2015-bluefin-s-h-figuarts-super-mario-bros-177963

Drayco21

Separate X-Men wave confirmed for Marvel Legends 2016, according to an audio interview on The Fwoosh. Rogue's part of it, naturally, and the BAF is apparently shooting for really big- not quite Hulkbuster sized, but bigger than most Hasbro BAFs so far. Hopefully more details to come?

Well here link between worlds Link figma finally. No sign of zero suit samus yet.:/ Link looks a bit nice.
cPLMpaw.jpg

This is fantastic.

So glad we're finally getting a high quality figure to represent the classic anime Link era. For too long it's been all about Ocarina and later.

It most resembles Oracle Link in proportions, but makes for a good catch-all LttP-style figure.

img-hero.png

Messi

I feel that hot toys wave of financial disaster is coming. Captain America Civil War, Batman V other guy, Suicide Squad.

I can see myself easily being in for 10 figures over those movies.

I really want a Wasp hot toy but that is years away.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The black & white is perfect. Nice shot.

You just reminded me I need to order the Godzilla 2000 figure.

Thank you!

And yes, yes you do. I absolutely love all of my Monsterarts, but Godzilla 2000 is unquestionably my favorite of them. Such an incredible figure all around. He's so menacing.

Replicant

Tridoron has just arrived. I didn't know it's going to be this huge (the width is about the width of Detolf shelf). Personally, I could have done with a smaller model but with a die-cast material instead of plastic. Oh well, it is what it is:

dyY4oKO.png

kq5oLOG.png

1CvWiys.png

jp3pS4G.png

NEO0MJ

Tridoron has just arrived. I didn't know it's going to be this huge (the width is about the width of Detolf shelf). Personally, I could have done with a smaller model but with a die-cast material instead of plastic. Oh well, it is what it is

Why does it have wheels instead of a spoiler?

Yazuka

Well here link between worlds Link figma finally. No sign of zero suit samus yet.:/ Link looks a bit nice.
cPLMpaw.jpg

I'm so getting this! Finally a Link in my taste! The others are great but I vastly prefer this design on Link.
Has there been talks of a Zero Suit Samus figma too?

Boke1879

I feel that hot toys wave of financial disaster is coming. Captain America Civil War, Batman V other guy, Suicide Squad.

I can see myself easily being in for 10 figures over those movies.

I really want a Wasp hot toy but that is years away.

OMG why did you say Suicide Squad? I'm already invest in Star Wars figures lol. Now I'm know I'm going to be invested in the DC line BvS, SS, etc

boltz

Hi guys, I'm starting my foray into the action figure world with the McFarlane Halo figures. I've been a longtime Halo fan and never really noticed this line until I started seeing the Halo 5 line in Target.

For ~$13, the detail in the figures is pretty darn impressive. I also have a handful of amiibos, and these Halo figures just blow them away for the same pricepoint.

*Cracks fingers*

Captain America: Civil War
Captain America
Falcon
Black Panther
Iron Man
War Machine
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Baron Zemo
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Vision
Sharon Carter

Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange
Baron Mordo
Clea(?)
The Ancient One(?)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Lex Luthor(?)
Other heroes that show up

Star Wars The Force Awakens
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron
Captain Phasma
Han Solo
Leia
Luke Skywalker
BB-8
General Hux
Snoke(?)

Star Wars: Rogue One
Those peeps in the picture they released

Y'all ain't ready for the Hot Toys madness.

Vidiot

I think they all look pretty good, except for Superman.

Even better than LTTP because LBW Link wears white leggings.

I don't like no pants Link.

BTW, SH Figuarts Bowser coming, doesn't look very posable though. Hopefully this is just an early prototype. Also Hammer Bro and Lakitu shown.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/10/08/nycc-2015-bluefin-s-h-figuarts-super-mario-bros-177963

BBTS has Bowser up for preorder. The sculpt is good and he comes with a few different jaws and fire balls but size wise he seems kinda small compared to Mario. I think I'm fine with my world of Nintendo Bowser. It's bigger and maybe not as articulated but the figuarts one doesn't look super articulated either.

Messi

*Cracks fingers*

Captain America: Civil War
Captain America
Falcon
Black Panther
Iron Man
War Machine
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Baron Zemo
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Vision
Sharon Carter

Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange
Baron Mordo
Clea(?)
The Ancient One(?)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Lex Luthor(?)
Other heroes that show up

Star Wars The Force Awakens
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron
Captain Phasma
Han Solo
Leia
Luke Skywalker
BB-8
General Hux
Snoke(?)

Star Wars: Rogue One
Those peeps in the picture they released

Y'all ain't ready for the Hot Toys madness.

You missed an entire movie in Suicide Squad lol. Harley and Joker gonna sell like hotcakes.

Kipp

Just opened up Monsterarts MFS-3 Type 3 Kiryu Mechagodzilla. SO INCREDIBLE.
The details are absolutely insane and the articulation is fantastic and it's got a heft to it that just feels so quality and all of the joints are so smooth yet so sturdy and the figure is absolutely blowing me away.
On top of that, he comes with quite a few sweet accessories. He comes with a drill hand, a battle-damaged head, arm-mounted guns, and shoulder-mounted rocket launchers.

...Apologies for spamming so many Monsterarts photos, but I just keep buying them and I can't not post a picture of them.

Also, if any of you guys even have a mild interest in Godzilla, I'd HIGHLY recommend picking up Godzilla 2000 and the most recently released Mechagodzilla. I absolutely love all of my Monsterarts, but those two are standouts even among the rest. They're just perfect (and they're also both available for MSRP still). Anyone who enjoys action figures and likes giant monsters will absolutely love those.
Plus I need people to be super excited about Monsterarts with me. I feel alone.

BBTS has Bowser up for preorder. The sculpt is good and he comes with a few different jaws and fire balls but size wise he seems kinda small compared to Mario. I think I'm fine with my world of Nintendo Bowser. It's bigger and maybe not as articulated but the figuarts one doesn't look super articulated either.
Yeah I saw the official photos today, pretty unimpressive. The sculpt and finish look better than the Jakks version. However, it's small, doesn't look very articulated (no elbows and knees?), lacking in accessories (no closed fists?). Don't know if I'll pick it up. :/

Kipp

I just bought it since I thought the car looks cool. I know, I cringe myself as I typed this.

No shame in that. Haha. I bought my Monsterarts just because they look cool. And then I started watching Godzilla movies to justify my Monsterarts purchases. :p

Flintty

No shame in that. Haha. I bought my Monsterarts just because they look cool. And then I started watching Godzilla movies to justify my Monsterarts purchases. :p

I was the same with Sword Art Online. I fell in love with the Figma Asuna figure and then watched the series. Loved it.

LiK

I'm cutting way back on Marvel HT and focusing squarely on Star Wars. Only way to afford it.

yea, same here. cutting back a lot on Marvel HTs. might even sell some of the rare ones. they went nuts and trying to complete stuff is too expensive lol

Top Bottom