• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
7OQ1ujW.png

Damn that is savage.
It is one thing to be one of those annoying pranksters. But just play harmless pranks.

Pranks of the nature you quote there can get people fired, land business in trouble.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Upon landing the crew was debriefed and multiple passenger statements collected. Based on the information collected to date, it appears the customers who were removed sought to disrupt the cabin with provocative behavior, including shouting. This type of conduct is not welcome on any Delta flight. While one, according to media reports, is a known prankster who was video recorded and encouraged by his traveling companion, what is paramount to Delta is the safety and comfort of our passengers and employees. It is clear these individuals sought to violate that priority.

http://news.delta.com/updated-statement-customers-removed-disruptive-behavior
dunno if posted yet

Bumhead

Banned
Attention seaking dickhead gets exactly what he wants.

Who would have thought.

If anyone wants a laugh, feel free to have a scroll through the first few pages of this thread. My particular favourites are those that shout down anyone who even suggested that this might be the case. The usual race to be GAF's most morally outraged member has come up with a few laughable casualties here.

Remember to wait for the facts, folks.

Naudi

Banned
Sounds like he got what he deserved. I'm sure most people here will still say that plane is full of racist people.

Ray Wonder

Sounds like he got what he deserved. I'm sure most people here will still say that plane is full of racist people.

Woah there cowboy most people here were skeptical. There were only a few people saying for sure this dude was an innocent victim.

Although some of the people that were saying that were being mighty condescending.

Lamel

Banned
Dudes a dick. Deserves to be kicked off.

But if you don't think this shit actually happens to Muslims and arabs, you're a fool.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There are no winners in this amazing thread about institutional racism, security theater and its intersection with the personal validity of being a YouTube prankster.

x-Lundz-x

Lol just read the thread. Guys post clearly staged video that conviently only started after him supposedly only just talking to his mom and has a channel full of videos showing he does nothing but try and instigate people. Yet, all white people waving his dumb ass goodbye for being thrown off a plane for his behavior are just shifty racist people cause reasons. 🤣

Ray Wonder

If they are disruptive on a plane? Certainly.

It does happen, there is racial profiling that leads to wrongfully treated good people. Let's not put this one case one a pedestal and discard the rest of the wrong that happens in airports to middle eastern/Muslim looking people.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Not discounting the reality of racism, but what's frustrating is how his whole ploy was so obvious and how so many people completely bought it. Views and attention are his currency

Audioboxer

He won't think it's so funny when his name is added to the no fly list...

Given the reach this received and his YT history he should be. Sick of people in places of power and wealth behaving like assholes that brings shame to otherwise serious issues. His lies were an actual risk, he deserves to be banned. At least from Delta airlines if they have the power to do it. Should do as a private company. He put their staff and Airline at great reputation risk with mobs shouting about how they'd never fly with them again and cabin crew should be disciplined.

His "prank" has caused so much fighting, arguing and accusations between people as well. What a mess. Half of Twitter won't care though as they got to retweet some outraged celebrities. People will as they always do walk away from this unwilling to swallow their pride and double down on "it's the message that counts". Rather than wanting the liar to be punished.

I'm hoping for a counter statement soon.

If not, I have my gifs ready for this thread.

There was a lot of attacking for people trying to keep a level head by denouncing discrimination but still being skeptic. I mean context really played a role in people's post.

As of now, the narrative is making Adam look disgusting.

tumblr_odvsnsPAZ11tdnwpwo1_400.gif

Ray Wonder

Given the reach this received and his YT history he should be. Sick of people in places of power and wealth behaving like assholes that brings shame to otherwise serious issues. His lies were an actual risk, he deserves to be banned. At least from Delta airlines if they have the power to do it. Should do as a private company.

His "prank" has caused so much fighting, arguing and accusations between people as well. What a mess. Half of Twitter won't care though as they got to retweet some outraged celebrities.

There were hundreds of thousands of tweets with the hashtag #boycottdelta because of him. He definitely shouldn't be allowed on another Delta flight again.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Not discounting the reality of racism, but what's frustrating is how his whole ploy was so obvious and how so many people completely bought it. Views and attention are his currency

That's even worse when he was identified in this thread as a "Youtube personality" right from the start.

I'm not even the slightest bit surprised at how the rest of this played out.

Beefy

@PhillyD
Uhoh. They've started going through @omgAdamSaleh's twitter history. Kind of looks like he sympathized with the Boston Bomber...yeesh.

C0PRZxXUcAAKU4p.jpg

Guy is going to get detroyed.

Audioboxer

There were hundreds of thousands of tweets with the hashtag #boycottdelta because of him. He definitely shouldn't be allowed on another Delta flight again.

Yeah I just edited that into my post. What a reputation nightmare for Delta. As much as people may have legit beefs with them over other things, this does not look to be a legit case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom