• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

But this isn't about what bothers you on the plane, it's about being chucked off, so I don't see a point about bringing up your pet peeves about how people should act on a plane. Just because this nuisance is new to you, doesn't mean it's any worse than someone reclining on you from the front.

Yes, a drunk person can be taken off the plane because drinking can lead to violence, and there's precedent to that. Doing a countdown that has negative consequences has no precedent.

But that's the thing. This guy's being intentionally provocative. That's the point of a prank, after all, to provoke people. And the thing is, airlines? They don't want to or have to put up with that shit. You're not even supposed to make jokes with TSA agents ffs.

Cant build a career and reputation for "real life" pranks on video for views then act shocked when folks question if this is a real life prank on video for views....

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
@PhillyD
Uhoh. They've started going through @omgAdamSaleh's twitter history. Kind of looks like he sympathized with the Boston Bomber...yeesh.

C0PRZxXUcAAKU4p.jpg

It was just a prank bro

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
@PhillyD
Uhoh. They've started going through @omgAdamSaleh's twitter history. Kind of looks like he sympathized with the Boston Bomber...yeesh.

C0PRZxXUcAAKU4p.jpg

Guy is going to get detroyed.

What the fuck

Yeah I just edited that into my post. What a reputation nightmare for Delta. As much as people may have legit beefs with them over other things, this does not look to be a legit case.

It does not. And can legitimately impact business. A liability like that needs to be eliminated when possible.

Audioboxer

@PhillyD

C0PRZxXUcAAKU4p.jpg

Oh boy. It's always cringe worthy when the old tweets get brought up.

What the fuck

It does not. And can legitimately impact business. A liability like that needs to be eliminated when possible.

Given America's libel laws couldn't the airline actually sue him for damages?

I mean I'm happy if he just gets banned from Delta. Just wondering about libel. The reach of the hashtag campaign against Delta was big.

MrHoot

This kind of attention-whoring is actually harmful to a seriously allegation of racism. smh @ this guy.

It really is disgusting. And odd how it works so easily on some people here to the point of spouting really venomous stuff to people they don't know or for just showing restraint before casting a judgement.

MrHoot

Why is everyone immediately believing this? Reads like clear damage control to me. And I don't even like the guy due to his own instances of racist behaviour.

Due to Adam's past behaviour, notably his previous "social experiments", the incidence of not a few but 20 people complaining and his tweets, and him apparently (?) trying to cover his tracks now, i'm more inclined at the moment to believe delta than him

Audioboxer

Why is everyone immediately believing this? Reads like clear damage control to me. And I don't even like the guy due to his own instances of racist behaviour.

I don't think they are going to lie about talking to witnesses, and he's already going into stealth mode on his YT channel and deleting videos.

The airline probably has serious grounds to seek damages here and the guy is panicking as this has blown up way more than his 850k videos on one YT video. A top Twitter hashtag started as well as some serious heat aimed at Delta.

Given what could happen next I really don't think Delta are looking for some sword to die on as a company.

Are you joking? Would Delta really fuck around and put out a second statement today that is completely false. That's not how damage control works.

Their first statement was damage control saying they would be looking into it and that they take the situation serious.

Shawsie64

Banned
Coming into this thread with the latest developments then going back and reading the first few pages of people blaming Donald Trump winning the election as the reason he was kicked off the plane is amazing.. Now he’s a Boston bomber sympathiser! Wonder how the people claiming discrimination and Trump will spin this!

Oh wait, people already think the latest press release is a Delta conspiracy! Couldn’t make this shit up

Jag

I don't think they are going to lie about talking to witnesses, and he's already going into stealth mode on his YT channel and deleting videos.

The airline probably has serious grounds to seek damages here and the guy is panicking as this has blown up way more than his 850k videos on one YT video. A top Twitter hashtag started as well as some serious heat aimed at Delta.

Shit yeah. If it was a prank for publicity, I'm sure it violates some Federal Laws. You don't fuck around on airplanes.

This guy is no Borat.

Audioboxer

Shit yeah. If it was a prank for publicity, I'm sure it violates some Federal Laws. You don't fuck around on airplanes.

This guy is no Borat.

Uncertain if federal but I proposed earlier could this be grounds for Delta to sue for libel/loss of business? I'm sure they could present many angry tweets stating consumers are boycotting them. There was a fuck ton.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So this guy has a documented history of doing this exact thing, but the more plausible story is that Delta fabricated complete lies to cover their asses despite the fact that there is a whole plane full of witnesses that could call them out on it? The report says the incident was recorded but I noticed that Adam Saleh or the recorder declined to release it. If the video would prove that there was nothing wrong with his behavior then why not release it?

Coming into this thread with the latest developments then going back and reading the first few pages of people blaming Donald Trump winning the election as the reason he was kicked off the plane is amazing.. Now he’s a Boston bomber sympathiser! Wonder how the people claiming discrimination and Trump will spin this!

Oh wait, people already think the latest press release is a Delta conspiracy! Couldn’t make this shit up

It's a textbook example of posttruth culture.

It doesn't matter what exactly happened, people just confirm each other what they already believe. Everything past the first pages here is just noise.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So this guy has a documented history of doing this exact thing, but the more plausible story is that Delta fabricated complete lies to cover their asses despite the fact that there is a whole plane full of witnesses that could call them out on it? The report says the incident was recorded but I noticed that Adam Saleh or the recorder declined to release it. If the video would prove that there was nothing wrong with his behavior then why not release it?

Files probably got backtraced

Grassy

Not discounting the reality of racism, but what's frustrating is how his whole ploy was so obvious and how so many people completely bought it. Views and attention are his currency

The first few pages of this thread are pretty woeful. People just bought this shit hook, line and sinker without a second thought...

Skux

It's a textbook example of posttruth culture.

It doesn't matter what exactly happened, people just confirm each other what they already believe. Everything past the first pages here is just noise.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter that this happened, what people are more interested in is the idea that it happened.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
A precedent needs to be set on YouTube and Facebook to deter social experimenters. Like, a lot of the content is already hate speech. Now we have this asshole haphazardly instigating in a flying metal tube.

Frankly, I hope he gets sued/fined and people think twice before capitalizing on bullshit to the internet.

FStop7

Banned
@PhillyD

C0PRZxXUcAAKU4p.jpg

What kills me about this is the dude was popular and had 2.2 million subscribers even though this shit has apparently been floating around for 3 years.

HoodWinked

this guy is gross exploiting racial tension for youtube clicks and social media presence.

the sad part is that hes probably going to gain more sympathizers and increase in popularity.

Audioboxer

What kills me about this is the dude was popular and had 2.2 million subscribers even though this shit has apparently been floating around for 3 years.

His fans wouldn't have spent any time sifting through really old tweets, and even those that might, it's just a prank bro?

So much old Twitter shit gets dug up on people when they get scrutinised by communities outside of their bubble. Usually if there is a scandal or outrage. I'm surprised that tweet wasn't dug up earlier, but I'm guessing everyone was just too busy arguing with each other over if this was true and dogpiling on Delta customer service.

Maybe Delta should tweet back at him saying "stop being such a Jew". ^ See above for his tweet where he said this.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.

Joey Salads is a racist Trump supporter that mailed his piss to a kid. Feels like a lot of these people can push the limit.

Naudi

Banned
Lol just read the thread. Guys post clearly staged video that conviently only started after him supposedly only just talking to his mom and has a channel full of videos showing he does nothing but try and instigate people. Yet, all white people waving his dumb ass goodbye for being thrown off a plane for his behavior are just shifty racist people cause reasons. 🤣

I think you got the wrong idea from my post. I was referring to first few pages where everyone on the plane was being called racist.

DarkestHour

Banned
No doubt in my mind he was doing something for his Youtube channel. Now he is going to get even more popular despite his failed attempt.

Audioboxer

No doubt in my mind he was doing something for his Youtube channel. Now he is going to get even more popular despite his failed attempt.

Not necessarily on YT. He's already deleted his count down from 10 video. Or maybe YT have removed it.

The internet in general will torch him alive. Sadly what I will say is far right nasties too far and I won't condone any of their shit. He requires legal justice, not lynch mob justice.

Airline ban, possible airline seeking damages and YT should suspend his account or at the very least remove all his "prank" content that lies about airlines.

Twitter should maybe keep an eye on his account if he's going to post terrorist sympathy/conspiracy theory bullshit.

this guy is gross exploiting racial tension for youtube clicks and social media presence.

the sad part is that hes probably going to gain more sympathizers and increase in popularity.
He's one of those pricks that goes to "the hood" and harasses Black people to get an angry reaction he can exploit for views. Fuck Delta if this incident went down exactly the way it was depicted, but I dont fuck with this guy at all, he's disrespectful to people in my community and now he wants sympathy from us when he gets a wake up call?

Ovid

Not necessarily on YT. He's already deleted his count down from 10 video. Or maybe YT have removed it.

The internet in general will torch him alive. Sadly what I will say is far right nasties too far and I won't condone any of their shit. He requires legal justice, not lynch mob justice.

Airline ban, possible airline seeking damages and YT should suspend his account or at the very least remove all his "prank" content that lies about airlines.

Twitter should maybe keep an eye on his account if he's going to post terrorist sympathy/conspiracy theory bullshit.
That "boycottDelta" hashtag was trending all day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom