• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Assaults Kids for Wearing a MAGA Hat

Spheyr

Banned
Nope. They go out of their way to praise crooked cops.

Nope.

And the rest are covering for the crooked ones so they're just as bad.

And you know this how?

I can't wait until you get to at least high school and grow out of this mindset someone propagandized into you

so it was okay when a black president put children in cages, bu now a white president does it, its jus now disgusting?

sounds racist

I forgot that Republicans see things in black and white in the most simpleton way possible.

Seriously though, this has been talked about to death, catch up and stop calling everything racist.

JordanN

Banned
Jordan a society where a PoC don't have to fear the cops isn't one where the police don't have to be there.....Your not even trying anymore
Why not ask him what he wants to do to solve the issue instead of assuming?
That's just being paranoid.
I posted the data, the chances of a cop killing you is extremely slim to none. If you're not fearing for your life, why do you care?
Is it being stopped, searched, frisked? Unless they detain/prosecute you for a false claim (in which case you can sue them), fearing the police is fake news.

Last edited:

Corrik

I think it is important to view the scenario with the facts established.

There is no evidence that anything was said beforehand. Is that convenient? Possibly. However, we do not know something else happened.

What we do know is what happened.

Regardless of the situation, assault of a minor is a huge deal and should never be handwaved unless in self-defense. This was not self-defense.

If the teens were making vulgar comments beforehand, they were wrong for their actions. However, that is an if, and it does not make the actions of this man any more correct, justified, or right. It was still absolutely wrong.

I posted the data, the chances of a cop killing you is extremely slim to none. If you're not fearing for your life, why do you care?
Is it being stopped, searched, frisked? Unless they detain/prosecute you for a false claim (in which case you can sue them), fearing the police is fake news.

This post is 1% news.

If you took away all the police caused innocent deaths and stop and frisk, black people still have many reasons to fear the police.

JordanN

Banned
And the rest are covering for the crooked ones so they're just as bad.
And this is where people just have to learn to move on and stop being paranoid.

Like, why is this the biggest issue of caring about crooked cops? Worry about your own life first. If that's still too much, why not move off the grid? Live in a forest outback somewhere, where there are no police.
You will have nothing to fear but wild bears. :cool:

This post is 1% news.

If you took away all the police caused innocent deaths and stop and frisk, black people still have many reasons to fear the police.
So you're just fearing someone for doing their job? That's paranoia.

Last edited:
And this is where people just have to learn to move on and stop being paranoid.

Like, why is this the biggest issue of caring about crooked cops? Worry about your own life first. If that's still too much, why not move off the grid? Live in a forest outback somewhere, where there are no police.
You will have nothing to fear but wild bears. :cool:

So you're just fearing someone for doing their job? That's paranoia.

Did you ever contemplate that you have no idea what you're talking about? Perhaps you should be saying....why else would black people not like the police?

Do you think you can convince the other side by saying this?
What are you hopping to happen when you shut down the conversation down to "their paranoid"?
Would you like it if next time you go on about your great replacement shit I just go "your paranoid oh and fake news".
A debate requires listening to your opponent not blocking out what they say.

JordanN

Banned
Did you ever contemplate that you have no idea what you're talking about? Perhaps you should be saying....why else would black people not like the police?
I don't think it would change anything I've said.
Your alternative is either getting rid of the police and going Mad Max, or being extremely paranoid about the .0003% chance a cop may kill you.

If someone doesn't like that, why not leave the country or go live off the grid as I said? If you don't like the concept of a police, why not live in a country where there are none?

Last edited:
I don't think it would change anything I've said.
Your alternative is either getting rid of the police and going Mad Max, or being extremely paranoid about the .0003% chance a cop may kill you.

If someone doesn't like that, why not leave the country or go live off the grid as I said? If you don't like the concept of a police, why not live in a country where there are none?

Wrong, everything that you said is completely, 100% wrong.

No person, except you, belives that policing cannot be improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordanN

Banned
Wrong, everything that you said is completely, 100% wrong.

No person, except you, belives that policing cannot be improved.
Everything in life can be improved.
But when you say "the police are still wrong even if they never killed or detained someone", then it tells me you don't want a police force. In which case, try living in a country where there is no law and order.

Last edited:
Everything in life can be improved.
But when you say "the police are still wrong even if they never killed or detained someone", then it tells me you don't want a police force. In which case, try living in a country where there is no law and order.

Only you come to that conclusion, and there's not a single pragmatic reason for it. You're the one jumping to something that doesn't exist.

You should be asking why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly
its just watching 2 people yell past each other Gotcha after Gotcha after Gotcha

Treat each other as equals not inferiors maybe that'll help....|Or you could keep doing this for another 3 years until your tired

JordanN

Banned
Only you come to that conclusion, and there's not a single pragmatic reason for it. You're the one jumping to something that doesn't exist.

You should be asking why.
I know why. It's paranoia.
.0003% chance of a cop related death. If you want something to fear, start talking about the dangers of cardiovascular disease.
Or move to a country where no cops exist.

pBwWE5I.png

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

This post is 1% news.

According to these stats from the whashington Post: only ~2% of blacks who are shot dead by police were unarmed, also ~2% for unarmed white people who were killed by cops. That doesn't fit the narrative that there's an epidemic of racist white cops going around killing blacks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

E8pWuGa.png

I know why. It's paranoia.
.0003% chance of a cop related death. If you want something to fear, start talking about the dangers of cardiovascular disease.
Or move to a country where no cops exist.

pBwWE5I.png

Are you going to ask why, or are you going to continue to fill gaps with your limited knowledge that does not consider elements and factors outside of police killings and stop and frisk?

VertigoOA

Banned
I won’t call the kid racist. No reason to at the moment since testimony of racism had been retracted from articles. It’s not the first time we’ve see knee jerk bullshit from the press... unless there’s something I’ve missed since this morning...

If that was the case then the kid probably deserved a beating if it was directed towards a specific person.

It’s difficult, as a supporter of our president, when there’s trash spewing racial nonsense. Then again, as a union worker I’ve never met anyone more racist than some of those guys, and they vote democrat. As a former non-union worker, I’ve never known anyone who hated blacks more than the Mexicans I’ve worked with ... and don’t get me wrong i kinda love Mexicans — they remind me of my parents’ generation of Greek immigrants that worked like dogs to feed their families and find a better life in this absolutely incredible country that we live in. Does that mean that I support undocumented immigration? No. Hell no. There needs to be a legal immigration process that makes sense. Period.

However, in this instance, with the existing evidence and facts presented to us, I have no reason to condemn these children when we see this dude acting like a fool.

And furthermore his prior arrrest record isn’t doing him any favors...

z7l1b3mdz4811.jpg

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Well its cops word versus dead man's. The cop can say anything he wants. But we all know a for a fact a cop shot a guy 20 times in his own backyard.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
I just went to the store for a few things. Had my Glock 17 on my hip and my MAGA hat on. Made sure to pick the register with the cashier with the stupid dyed hair and shitty facial piercings.

Customer in line before me she's cheerful and chatty and friendly

She spent the whole transaction silent, didn't greet me, didn't respond to me asking how her day is going, just glared slightly past me when she handed me my receipt. It was kind of pathetic on her part.

Gander

Banned
You just described yourself being armed going out looking for conflict and that is the problem with the right.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just went to the store for a few things. Had my Glock 17 on my hip and my MAGA hat on. Made sure to pick the register with the cashier with the stupid dyed hair and shitty facial piercings.

She spent the whole transaction silent, didn't greet me, didn't respond to me asking how her day is going, just glared slightly past me when she handed me my receipt. It was kind of pathetic on her part.
Were you trying to start something with a kid/woman armed with a weapon? Dude lol

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Whats pathetic is that you went out of your way to be potentially disruptive and intentionally chose someone you thought you would get a reaction from. And now are attempting look down on HER for reacting exactly the way you hoped she would.

Thats just childish.

Last edited:

bucyou

You just described yourself being armed going out looking for conflict and that is the problem with the right.

As opposed to the left going out looking for conflict with bats and other blunt objects.

Actually sounds smart

Only around 50 agencies out of 18,000 report shooting data to the government. But yeah, lets trust the cops.

The data you are trying to refute is gathered by the Washington Post. One of the largest supporters of minority rights in the media. Not the government or police although they do utilize data provided by them as part of their overall methodology.

Last edited:
No seriously what is wrong with that post...thats like resetera bad man
Why would you go around trying to piss people off?
Were you hoping to either get shot or shoot someone??
Like what in the actual what was the point?

Corrik

If this is the kind of person you are (wanting to troll and filled with hate), then you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, tbqh.

You judged her for her hair and piercings but you're upset she judged you for your hat. Do you not see the hypocrisy here?

pramod

Banned
This incident has really made me realize just how far gone the left is in this country. So now they are condoning outright robbery and harassment in the name of "defeating Nazis". So if they will condone drinks thrown in faces, what will be next? Will face-punching also be acceptable as well? Head stomping? What extent of physical violence will be "crossing a line" in the eyes of these leftists, I wonder?

Last edited:

American

Banned
Terrible response here. Not agreeing with your position does not make someone racist. Dispute his content. No reason to passive aggressively flame.

I am disputing his content and I've said it before. He's made many passionate posts about black people having low IQ's and many disparaging posts about Africa. He frequently criticises black people, like here, in wordy posts but the underlying sentiment is clear.

Saying 'not agreeing with your position does not make someone racist' is simply hand-waving away the obvious.

TheOracle

Neo Member

Good, now you know what racism feels like.

I think the ease of information has people misunderstanding the human past...I will bet 100% that a similar story to this happened pre internet and no one cared because of how insignificant it would be on Major news networks.
It wasn't good then and ins't now but you must not miss the key important thing.....
If it happened back then and were still here and the world hasn't ended...means were blowing all of this shit out of proportion.
Shouting "were doomed the leftist are gonna kill us isn't helpful it only escalates shit.
Shouting "the Nazi's are everywhere" isn't gonna to help shit it only escalates shit.
YOU have to break the cycle

Last edited:

Corrik

I am disputing his content and I've said it before. He's made many passionate posts about black people having low IQ's and many disparaging posts about Africa. He frequently criticises black people, like here, in wordy posts but the underlying sentiment is clear.

Saying 'not agreeing with your position does not make someone racist' is simply hand-waving away the obvious.
Show me the posts.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

And yours too.

JordanN

Banned
There's simply no winning.

Anytime I post data, the answer I always hear is that "data is racist".
Police kill people at a record .0003%, and wow, it's Hitlerism. What do you want? The police to disappear? There are already countries without functioning civil order, why aren't people moving there instead of flocking to the "racist" USA?
Shouldn't a racist and murderous police force cause less people to move to America if I'm suppose to believe the whole system is wrong?

I only post statistics and work with them. If you don't like science, then once again, unplug the computer you are typing on. Science is responsible for the internet you have the privilege to use today.

Last edited:
Jordan you do know the way you present data is a key factor of importance right?

And understanding why the data is like that right?

Last edited:

Corrik

Jordan you do know the way you present data is a key factor of importance right?

His data is not exactly wrong. At least on this. The data on cop shootings are very much misrepresented due to how the media reports stories in regards to them.

While African Americans are short disproportionately higher than whites via populace, whites are shot absolutely much more.

Native Americans actually last I saw were the highest disproportionate populace. But, low sample size despite the fact you probably never even have seen one displayed in the media.

JordanN

Banned

None of it matters. In fact, I rather concentrate on the numbers that exist right now, than worry about hypothetical scenarios that cause people to be in "fear".

FDR once said "So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. "

Look at data that exists about homicides, detentions, frisking etc before coming to conclusions that "oh my god, the USA is run by Nazi police officers who kill on sight every non-white person they lay their lizard eyes on".

Last edited:
Top Bottom