• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Assaults Kids for Wearing a MAGA Hat

Straight-up Marxist talk.

"Yes, the Left acted wrongly. Yes, this guy shouldn't have gone in with priors on his record. But you know? It's a real shame now that Richard can play the high ground and the Right gets some political brownie points. Real shame that THE CAUSE was damaged".

Carry on, Comrade. Have you read 'Invisible Man' by Ralph Ellison? You should.

I can't say that I have.

I am a social democrat so I'm sure that will ruffle some feathers. From a pure analysis viewpoint I don't think anything I said was wrong. It hurts the other man's position because he decided to assault Richard. It's a cause that I happen to align myself with despite not agreeing with what he did. I do understand why he might have done it though.

ilfait

Ironically the one spouting racial epithets is the one not wearing it.
You've used "epithets" instead of "slurs", but you're still wrong and doing it only to try to demonize the guy beyond the reality of the situation. "Nigger" can be a slur or an epithet when it's used as a slur or epithet; "nigga" is less likely to be one but it's still possible when used in a particular way; here it wasn't used as one.

You're implying that the situation isn't damning enough to your enemy and his team to be presented the way it actually is. Isn't it enough that he was filmed throwing a drink in a stranger's face and taking his hat because, in his simple deluded mind MAGA = evil bad?

You've also done what some others have done and changed singular into plural for the same reason.

One of the many dumb things that political correct police consistently do is ignore context and intent and invent their own reality in order to make their targets appear racist. Are you a full-time PC police constable, Christopher, or only when it's convenient?

One of the many dumb things that political correct police consistently do is ignore context and intent and invent their own reality in order to make their targets appear racist. Are you a full-time PC police constable, Christopher, or only when it's convenient?

Like when the ADL decided anyone using the word globalist must be an anti-semite.

TheOracle

Neo Member
Oh god, this fuss over some little shithead getting sprinkled with some soda, just goes to show Trump supporters are the fragile dandelions of society. Until I can have my old Republican party that had class, I'm libertarian until further notice.

Act in a manner as to incite people, get reaction you were looking for, start recording only as the reaction starts or edit out what you did to incite it, then run to Twitter to cry about a little soda shower while adding to your martyr complex.

Meanwhile, this is what happens when you incite a dandelion and hurt its feelings:

I can't say that I have.

I am a social democrat so I'm sure that will ruffle some feathers. From a pure analysis viewpoint I don't think anything I said was wrong. It hurts the other man's position because he decided to assault Richard. It's a cause that I happen to align myself with despite not agreeing with what he did. I do understand why he might have done it though.
I would recommend reading it, not as a "haha you fool! Read my rhetoric" but because it genuinely portrays the value of standing up for your rights and freedoms (told from the perspective of a black man, written by a black man) while also pointing out the dangers of trusting "The Movement" to grant you that liberation. I'd also recommend Eric Hoffer's 'True Believer'.

Corderlain

Banned
That's very leftist thinking, bro.

Are people not allowed to express their freedom of speech, regardless of where they come from? :unsure:

Depends. Are they an American citizen? Then yes they have free speech. If a non-citizen, does their country have free speech? Dunno.

You're not an American. Our laws don't apply to you nor do our rights. Frankly I'd like to see your forum name changed as well.

All these non-Americans presuming to tell us how to run our country. Very tired of it, allies or not.
This I can agree with. I'd go so far to say if your view of America is shaped by social media and you haven't set boots on the ground you probably shouldn't have quite the strong opinion that you do.

I would recommend reading it, not as a "haha you fool! Read my rhetoric" but because it genuinely portrays the value of standing up for your rights and freedoms (told from the perspective of a black man, written by a black man) while also pointing out the dangers of trusting "The Movement" to grant you that liberation. I'd also recommend Eric Hoffer's 'True Believer'.

Thanks. I will keep them in mind.

lifa-cobex

I seem to remember everyone and their mum chiming in about Brexit from around the globe on here.

Don't really see why America is exempt from criticism by other users.

Corderlain

Banned
I seem to remember everyone and their mum chiming in about Brexit from around the globe on here.

Don't really see why America is exempt from criticism by other users.

You see me chiming in about that or any other non-US issue on here? I have my opinions on things and I stick to them but I'm not policing others. Just said I was tired of it.

Dunki

This I can agree with. I'd go so far to say if your view of America is shaped by social media and you haven't set boots on the ground you probably shouldn't have quite the strong opinion that you do.
yeah when cnn, New York Times, Guardian fox and salon, and basically every news media are using tweets and Facebook posts as single source for an article then it is really hard to believe that this is not the case.

Depends. Are they an American citizen? Then yes they have free speech. If a non-citizen, does their country have free speech? Dunno.

You're not an American. Our laws don't apply to you nor do our rights. Frankly I'd like to see your forum name changed as well.
Your fist paragraph isn’t wrong so much. It’s just that if we as Americans lord our specific bill of rights over our allies who may have reduced variations then we turn into dicks and open ourselves up to criticism when our free speech lets things fly like a Nazi Being able to run for office.

The argument you want becomes the argument you didn’t ask for.

Your asking of their forum name is ridiculous. It doesn’t matter if their living room is in Moscow. The picked it. It’s theirs.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

You see me chiming in about that or any other non-US issue on here? I have my opinions on things and I stick to them but I'm not policing others. Just said I was tired of it.

You can be tired of whatever you like chap but it's an open forum.
Some of us like to read other opinions from users foreign and domestic.

American

Banned
Depends. Are they an American citizen? Then yes they have free speech. If a non-citizen, does their country have free speech? Dunno. You're not an American. Our laws don't apply to you nor do our rights

Quite frankly, it's ridiculous to say that if a country restricts freedom of speech, then their citizens should not be allowed to express their free thoughts to their fellow members of the human race, regardless of where they come from.

People should only be allowed to express their freedom of speech if their country legally allows them too? That sounds to me like you want government interference in peoples lives.

Frankly I'd like to see your forum name changed as well.

So you're reading something you don't like. Well now, that doesn't sound to me like you believe in freedom of speech at all. Which is actually what most of your post(s) sounds like.

You sound very much like the alt-left, wanting to censor and change things you don't like to read ;)

American

Banned
Here's two pictures of the 2 individuals involved (not doxxing since the drink thrower has been arrested, and not individuals names and pictures have been published in news reports across various websites). From Daily Mail [Link]:

4DF9F65600000578-5925687-image-m-3_1530885151515.jpg

And the innocent little kid/ poor victim:

4DFA040000000578-5925687-image-a-14_1530887370847.jpg

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
Lotta hurt feeling from the outside crowd I see. Interesting to know which of the foreigners are chiming in on US issues often.

I like the victim blaming going on in this thread. God forbid someone support a political party, their country, or the head of state that was Democratically elected.

Last edited:

Dunki

Here's two pictures of the 2 individuals involved (not doxxing since the drink thrower has been arrested, and not individuals names and pictures have been published in news reports across various websites). From Daily Mail [Link]:

4DF9F65600000578-5925687-image-m-3_1530885151515.jpg

And the innocent little kid/ poor victim:

4DFA040000000578-5925687-image-a-14_1530887370847.jpg
He can not be happy? ALso this backfired really hard since he also now got a ton of support while this asshole is now facing jailtime since this was not his first time either. So win win for everyone exept the asshole?^^

TheOracle

Neo Member
Lotta hurt feeling from the outside crowd I see. Interesting to know which of the foreigners are chiming in on US issues often.

I like the victim blaming going on in this thread. God forbid someone support a political party, their country, or the head of state that was Democratically elected.

Here we go, more dandelion tears. This is the new Republican Party, ladies and gentlemen.

Corderlain

Banned
Here we go, more dandelion tears. This is the new Republican Party, ladies and gentlemen.

What does this even mean? Is this in reference to me calling every liberal in this thread a hypocrite for victim blaming or the part where I'm tried of people with no real stake in it trying to smear their political opinion on the bathroom stall?

American

Banned

Hey man, I'm not hurt. I'm not sure if you're referring to yourself as a victim either. Are you? :unsure:

At any rate, your country, America, dominates the news in ways never seen before in my current country of residence, England. Every. Single. Day. Non. Stop. For. 2. Years. I wonder why that is?

Trump obviously :D Not that I mind. I am a bemused fan of Trump. So because America dominates the news here, and other countries, because of the random craziness that comes out of his mouth, people are obviously gonna have opinions.

And I would be more then happy to know your opinions on non-American related matters. You should criticise things that you don't like about other nations (and get challenged on it by other people). Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Exercise your freedom of speech on all matters around the globe, not just America.

The consequences for getting caught are brutal, but alas, you were caught:

Dude was doxxed by 4chan, fired from his job, Arrested with a felony state charge of theft, denounced and kicked out of a political party.

He's 30 with a wife and kids.

Those are some consequences, will probably make people think twice about punching nazis without masks and strengthen verbal harassment.

Last edited by a moderator:

American

Banned
He can not be happy? ALso this backfired really hard since he also now got a ton of support while this asshole is now facing jailtime since this was not his first time either. So win win for everyone exept the asshole?^^

I have to admit, you, and others, are completely right and I was completely wrong.

Now that I have seen the drink throwers face and his size (not clearly shown in the video) I do think he is pretty cowardly. He is twice the size of his skinny victim. It seems almost like bullying really, and I do hate bully's and people that use their size to intimidate others. I can understand why the victim just sat there instead of react.

The big guy is also 30 years old. Twice the age of the other dude. Should know much better and since he has a criminal record, clearly it's a pattern of thuggish behaviour and not a reaction to whatever may have been said by the teen. Probably has a short fuse and anger management issues.

Yes, this is why I feel quite embarrassed for sticking up for him. If you are being filmed, and are on the verge of throwing a drink at someone, shouldn't you for a split second think 'I got a family. What the fuck am I doing? This could be very bad because my fat ugly face is on camera?'

He is not just dumb and a thug, but selfish to boot. Think of your family, for fuck's sake.

Last edited:

ilfait

The consequences for getting caught are brutal, but alas, you were caught:

Dude was doxxed by 4chan, fired from his job, Arrested with a felony state charge of theft, denounced and kicked out of a political party.

Those are some consequences, will probably make people think twice about punching nazis without masks and strengthen verbal harassment.
A fine and returning the hat would have sufficed.

pramod

Banned
Its only gonna take a few more incidents like this before someone actually gets killed. The left really wants a civil war because they lost an election.

Corderlain

Banned
Hey man, I'm not hurt. I'm not sure if you're referring to yourself as a victim either. Are you? :unsure:

At any rate, your country, America, dominates the news in ways never seen before in my current country of residence, England. Every. Single. Day. Non. Stop. For. 2. Years. I wonder why that is?

Trump obviously :D Not that I mind. I am a bemused fan of Trump. So because America dominates the news here, and other countries, because of the random craziness that comes out of his mouth, people are obviously gonna have opinions.

And I would be more then happy to know your opinions on non-American related matters. You should criticise things that you don't like about other nations (and get challenged on it by other people). Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Exercise your freedom of speech on all matters around the globe, not just America.

Well, I'm an isolationist and I'm tired of being the world police. Part of the right to free speech is also not speaking. I'm not in other parts of the world. I don't know their culture or circumstances. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to judge them to my own standard so I won't be giving my opinion on their issues.

The victim is clearly the kid where you tried to portray his as an asshat based on attire.

Gander

Banned
Its only gonna take a few more incidents like this before someone actually gets killed. The left really wants a civil war because they lost an election.

This is a lie but I know some people believe it, that's why there can be no peace.

The left did grumble about Trump being President as they should she had more votes but that quickly changed to well lets see what he is going to do.

The most leftist person on the planet Dave Chappelle said give Trump a chance and so we did. Now we are all like fuck Trump including Dave.

Last edited:
This is not really evidence though. The police takes care of this case so we should wait. Also it is not even ilegal to say this shit. he would win in a heartbeat at court.

Also looks like he celebrated 4th of July like an proud idiot. Good for him I guess.

wB1mGuO.jpg

Haha. Looks like this kid is an edge lord. Nothing wrong since he's still in his awkward teenage years.

manfestival

Haha. Looks like this kid is an edge lord. Nothing wrong since he's still in his awkward teenage years.
I agree with your statements. I remember my teenage years and how almost everyone was a troll in one way or another including myself. This is not an excuse or dismissal of stupidity. Just everyone needs to understand that there is a level of expectation and not to dismiss it but use it as a teaching point.

American

Banned
The victim is clearly the kid where you tried to portray his as an asshat based on attire.

Yes, that is very true. I was not in full possession of the facts, but now I am.

Because of that, I am happy to get schooled, take the L and admit I was totally wrong. My views change quickly when I am presented with facts. I don't try to cling to the fervent belief that I am right, when I know I am wrong. The ugly dude should have known better and not picked on the teen.

Gander

Banned
I mean we have all seen this kind of person on YouTube. If he was dressed like that he had a desire to push buttons and he had a camera ready because he knew he was going to get somebody

Basoes

I mean we have all seen this kind of person on YouTube. If he was dressed like that he had a desire to push buttons and he had a camera ready because he knew he was going to get somebody
and he got arrested, oh you mean the kids, dumb kids from what was seen so far didn't start anything yet were attacked

also saying "dressed like that" saying he had it coming, that sounds a lot like rape culture

Last edited:

manfestival

I'm sure you will be shocked to learn that everyone is not afforded the same opportunity for "just trollin, bro!" antics.
Moronic is far more general than just trolling. Thanks for dodging and ignoring the point entirely. Not sure what your angle is at this point other than being argumentative for the sake of it.

Gander

Banned
and he got arrested, oh you mean the kids, dumb kids from what was seen so far didn't start anything yet were attacked

also saying "dressed like that" saying he had it coming, that sounds a lot like rape culture

Witnesses say they were saying racial things. That's believable, I think they were trying to make something happen so they could post it on YouTube.

bucyou

As compared to the all blacked out and masked anti-fa?

laughable.

Basoes

Witnesses say they were saying racial things. That's believable, I think they were trying to make something happen so they could post it on YouTube.
If the witnesses were telling the truth then yea they probably were trying to starting something to get a reaction, but do you honestly believe it was alright to jump right to violence because you decided to feel offended? violence against a minor no less

Last edited:
Top Bottom