• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Blu-Ray, now this...

March 30. Netflix. Adventure Time.

Beginning March 30, Netflix will have some new animated and live-action programming choices for those who find the streaming giant’s selection not nearly exhaustive enough.

Deadline reported that Time Warner has licensed past seasons of Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show, Johnny Bravo, Warner Bros Animation’s Green Lantern, Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sony Picture Television’s The Boondocks and Warner Bros Television’s Studio 2.0′s Childrens Hospital to Netflix.

“We are delighted that Netflix will become the exclusive over-the-top streaming subscription destination for past seasons of favorite Cartoon Network and Adult Swim titles,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s Chief Content Officer. “We’re also thrilled to be able to offer the latest seasons of Dallas, one of the greatest all-time guilty pleasures.”

Dallas won’t be available until next January, but fans can catch the Cartoon Network and Adult Swim favorites this March.
Technically, this was posted a couple pages ago so the BR news is the newest news =]. Still, it's a nice reminder for folks who may have missed it.

TheChits

s1/s2 announced on blu, june 4th, $32.07 msrp

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventure-Time-Finn-Jake-Season-2/18053

SBLqoq3.jpg

Q8aWdi0.jpg

I've missed the recent episodes and haven't been keeping up with the thread, but HOLY CRAP! This is a megaton

So here's an oddly specific question. Anyone with an iPhone 5 on jailbroken 6.1 tried the Fionna Fights app? Crashing at launch for me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Christ, Fionna and Cake is so awful. Two bad episodes. Devoid of what makes AT great. The crazy humor. Instead it feels like a CW show. Pandering to teenage girls.

That Cake dance is weird and freaky.

I know! That thump thump. haha.

Was a pretty good episode! Ice King gives the impression like we're going to see some sort of Prismo wish or dimension splicer that brings Fionna and Cake into Finn and Jake's world.

We'll see! Oh and loved how LSP's voice was the same. xD

I know! That thump thump. haha.

Was a pretty good episode! Ice King gives the impression like we're going to see some sort of Prismo wish or dimension splicer that brings Fionna and Cake into Finn and Jake's world.

We'll see! Oh and loved how LSP's voice was the same. xD

Red Universe/Blue Universe

suzu

I liked it.

His voice fits Marshall Lee. I also enjoy how lame Prince Gumball is compared to Princess Bubblegum.

They just need to make the gender-swapped characters way more goofy like the originals. Cake is the best so far.

Also making Ice King be more creepy is always funny in my book.

I liked it.

His voice fits Marshall Lee. I also enjoy how lame Prince Gumball is compared to Princess Bubblegum.

They just need to make the gender-swapped characters way more goofy like the originals. Cake is the best so far.

Also making Ice King be more creepy is always funny in my book.

Yep I agree ML was pretty good. Ever watch the user created Fionna and Cake episodes on youtube? From reading that it may sound bad, but they were actually pretty good for being fan made.

Well with only two 11 minute Fionna and Cake episodes, hard to have any development yet, although I enjoyed LSP talking (which of course sounded exactly the same xD) We'll probably see more next time too :)

Watching the Western Cartoon Network channel now, It came from the Nightosphere episode, I love when LSP is stuck in Marceline's Dad's mouth, not as a soul, but because she wanted to crash the party. Love her. hehe.

Salsa

someone just posted this on Reddit about Pendleton and its the best thing ive read

Growing up, I was good friends with one of the creators of Adventure Time. We played pencil-and-paper roleplaying games together when we were about 12 - I was the gamemaster and we had a group of about five of us. His character rode a capybara and his familiar was a duck that could turn invisible.
We were also in boy scouts together. We'd all just be standing around and all of a sudden he'd have this harmonica in his mouth and his hands in his pockets, swaying back and forth. Adventure Time didn't surprise me.

Pachinko

So this is a thing.

In ep 10 of Bravest Warriors (on the right), there is a single frame of missing earth. The same piece missing from Adventure Time's world (on the left).

They actually fixed that in the comic book, the lich ate that piece of the planet with some magical bottomless bag , turns out it was all a desert anyway. Now whenever they show the earth in the comic that hole is full of sand because they popped the bag.

Maybe Pen just enjoys the look of an apple with a bite out of it ?

sn00zer

They actually fixed that in the comic book, the lich ate that piece of the planet with some magical bottomless bag , turns out it was all a desert anyway. Now whenever they show the earth in the comic that hole is full of sand because they popped the bag.

Maybe Pen just enjoys the look of an apple with a bite out of it ?

I dont think the comics have any bearing on the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom