• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Holy crap dude, that was really tough watching on the internet.

Seriously though, I would not mind if every episode of adventure time looked like that from now on.

Also, Creepy p-bubs is best p-bubs.

My hype is getting ready to climax, I need to see this episode now.

The Marcy episode was underwhelming. Blegh

Marcy ep was nice and cool in the lore sense, but this one is pure AT craziness. Much better.

Holy crap dude, that was really tough watching on the internet.

Seriously though, I would not mind if every episode of adventure time looked like that from now on.

Also, Creepy p-bubs is best p-bubs.
Yeah I kept thinking my computer was freaking out the whole time hahahaha

ant1532

Banned
FLYING LOTUS DID THE FUCKING ENDING THEME TOO

easily one of my favorite episodes.

fuck man as far as im concerned pen and his team own animation. he should make a big company and wreck pixar

Odoul

What the fuck was that Jake's elbow/Bubblegum's hand scene?

In a series of random shit, that was pretty damn random.

Crocodile

In all the Simon + Marceline backstory, I still don't get where Marceline's parents fall into all of this. Who is her mother? What the hell is Hudson (sp?) doing during those 1000 years? There's still so much of this that is frustratingly being left out. I really hope they address all of this before the series ends. I'm also ready for the Lich to come back, he's been gone too long :(

In all the Simon + Marceline backstory, I still don't get where Marceline's parents fall into all of this. Who is her mother? What the hell is Hudson (sp?) doing during those 1000 years? There's still so much of this that is frustratingly being left out. I really hope they address all of this before the series ends. I'm also ready for the Lich to come back, he's been gone too long :(
Gone too long? This season started with a huge two-parter about the Lich.

Did you really liked that episode guys? It was plain awful :/
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

Crocodile

Gone too long? This season started with a huge two-parter about the Lich.

FIVE MONTHS AGO. Though I realize that's more an issue of how CN has staggered episodes (and I totally understand that they have to stretch things out) than the producers skimping on the Lich. I just like the character and the element it adds to the show. It's not something you want/need all the time but I'd like to see it more often than once every five-six months.

FIVE MONTHS AGO. Though I realize that's more an issue of how CN has staggered episodes (and I totally understand that they have to stretch things out) than the producers skimping on the Lich. I just like the character and the element it adds to the show. It's not something you want/need all the time but I'd like to see it more often than once every five-six months.

Yeah, in terms of the show he was there just like, what, 12 episodes ago. But in terms of how long it's been since we the audience have seen him it has been a while. I'm sure he'll be back. The Adventure Time Movie is gonna need something totally radical to set it apart from the rest of the series.

LuffyZoro

Yeah, in terms of the show he was there just like, what, 12 episodes ago. But in terms of how long it's been since we the audience have seen him it has been a while. I'm sure he'll be back. The Adventure Time Movie is gonna need something totally radical to set it apart from the rest of the series.

Woah now, this is the first I'm hearing of a movie. Sounds awesome. Will it be awesome?

Woah now, this is the first I'm hearing of a movie. Sounds awesome. Will it be awesome?

I hope so. Pen's been writing it for quite a while. It was supposed to be the finale of Season 5 but they, for whatever reason, delayed it either to be part of Season 6 or to be its own out-of-season entity.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Holy crap that episode was something else... I enjoyed it very much.

Honestly, it was a little too much for me. Interesting idea, wasn't too crazy about the execution. Though P-Bubs (best name) making out with her own hand for 3 minutes was... something.

Mr. F

Banned
Looked awesome, but that was about it. Writing and delivery felt off/flat (though could be argued as intentional I guess).

FillerB

Something I noticed on rewatch. In Finn and Jake's animation attempt at the start Ice King is being assaulted by spiders and a snake. At the end he is attacked by a spidersnake. Neat.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I wish they would have rendered it at at least 3x the resolution, to get rid of the jaggies and improve the image quality.

I didn't see the episode yet :(
but i will use my "episodes should be 30 minutes" compliant :p

hmmmmm isnt there just 1 more season of adventure time after the 5th season finishes? swear i heard that.

i want some nukes dropped for the last episodes to blow my mind

I thought that last episode was rather poor. Something about all the voice work felt really off, changing animation style shouldn't effect the voice acting but....

I didn't see the episode yet :(
but i will use my "episodes should be 30 minutes" compliant :p

hmmmmm isnt there just 1 more season of adventure time after the 5th season finishes? swear i heard that.

i want some nukes dropped for the last episodes to blow my mind

There is no "end" of the series yet. Just because they haven't renewed it beyond the 6th doesn't mean it's been cancelled or has an end. It just means they haven't greenlit anything beyond that. Technically, Season 6 hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Jay Sosa

Don't want to be THAT guy..but isn't this season a bit disappointing? Besides the first Fionna episode I only liked the Birdman and especially the one with Ice King and Marceline. Everything else was mediocre to boring. Or weird and disturbing like the last one.

Kuroyume

Banned
Don't want to be THAT guy..but isn't this season a bit disappointing? Besides the first Fionna episode I only liked the Birdman and especially the one with Ice King and Marceline. Everything else was mediocre to boring. Or weird and disturbing like the last one.

It's been good. From the three you've mentioned I only liked the Birdman episode. I hate anything with Flame princess, the gender bend, and melodramatic episodes because I feel AT loses its quirkiness and humor (which is what makes it special to me) in these.

Tuck

Nope. Season has been incredible.

Vyer

What was the first Adventure Time episode? The S1E1 on Netflix doesn't seem right.

For some reason I didn't like this show when it first aired. But watching random episodes now that its streaming I find them pretty awesome.

suzu

What was the first Adventure Time episode? The S1E1 on Netflix doesn't seem right.

For some reason I didn't like this show when it first aired. But watching random episodes now that its streaming I find them pretty awesome.

The first ep is the one with the zombies.

The actual first episode is The Enchirideon but they aired it out-of-order, so the first episode is Slumber Party Panic / Trouble in Lumpy Space

I can't even understand where this is coming from. With the exception of the puppies episode, this season has been so much better than the previous ones, it's in a different league altogether.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I can't even understand where this is coming from. With the exception of the puppies episode, this season has been so much better than the previous ones, it's in a different league altogether.

I think it's been a great season- the only thing making it worse than previous ones for me, is having to watch it weekly instead of in afternoon sessions :p

But the episodes are really strong too. Mystery Dungeon, Up A Tree and All The Little People are all brilliant and series favourites. The puppy episode and the Birdman one were a bit off imo, but there's loads of awesome in there.

Kuroyume

Banned
For anyone interested, Netflix is finally streaming Adventure time. They only have the first season up from the looks of it.

Robot1X

Neo Member
I came to the sad realization that Simon left Marcy when she was a child, because the first time we ever saw Marcy, her shirt & bear were faded (Someone pointed it out that she was probably so hungry that she ate the color red from her things) and in the episode Simon and Marcy, her shirt and bear were still red.

tumblr_lsucm4z4Mn1ql201ao2_500.gif

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he suggested something even sadder, "What if Ice King told her the same exact thing, 'I'm hurting you because I love,'" when he chose to leave in order to protect her from himself. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom