• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

I came to the sad realization that Simon left Marcy when she was a child, because the first time we ever saw Marcy, her shirt & bear were faded (Someone pointed it out that she was probably so hungry that she ate the color red from her things) and in the episode Simon and Marcy, her shirt and bear were still red.

tumblr_lsucm4z4Mn1ql201ao2_500.gif

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he suggested something even sadder, "What if Ice King told her the same exact thing, 'I'm hurting you because I love,'" when he chose to leave in order to protect her from himself. =(

JaWd4OH.png

Epcott

Pillow Land... Another amazing, thought provoking episode. The flashback scene was hilarious.

Finn pissed me off at the end, though.

Did I hear Jonathan (Will Riker) Frakes, or am I mistaken? Jeez, I want to watch it again already.

Gvaz

Banned
I came to the sad realization that Simon left Marcy when she was a child, because the first time we ever saw Marcy, her shirt & bear were faded (Someone pointed it out that she was probably so hungry that she ate the color red from her things) and in the episode Simon and Marcy, her shirt and bear were still red.

tumblr_lsucm4z4Mn1ql201ao2_500.gif

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he suggested something even sadder, "What if Ice King told her the same exact thing, 'I'm hurting you because I love,'" when he chose to leave in order to protect her from himself. =(

She never sucked the color from her bear, it's still tinted red, but faded.

When she sucks out the color it turns entirely grey.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So the pillow world is like Narnia, where time moves much faster there.
Awesome to hear Jonathan Frakes on this show.

CorvoSol

Can we talk about the tiny BMO, though? What was that about?

EDIT: Also, I can't decide if Finn is a dick or not after this episode.

D-Pad

Oh man I just blew through the entire first season on Netflix. Hurry up with getting season 2, Netflix! I love this series so much.

Gvaz

Banned
Adult Finn chopping wood (or pillow, whatever) was amazing. Great episode overall. I liked Jake's reaction when he told BMO about his kids too.

Also, Finn's human/pillow children were adorable. Pretty much the whole thing was great.

gNUisJ4.jpg

Crocodile

I'm starting to become apathetic to these "life-changing events occur to Finn & Jake but are reversed and essentially forgotten by the end of the episode". Like I didn't expect Finn to
actually stay dead or anything
and I'm fine with it being a dream but just having the entire experience forgotten at the end makes it kind of a waste of time overall.

sn00zer

I'm starting to become apathetic to these "life-changing events occur to Finn & Jake but are reversed and essentially forgotten by the end of the episode". Like I didn't expect Finn to
and I'm fine with it being a dream but just having the entire experience forgotten at the end makes it kind of a waste of time overall.

I agree...Im not a fan of the deus ex reset button they pull out every time something really big happens, but then again if they didnt they would be writing themselves into a corner constantly as they would be stuck with whatever main storyline they chose

I hate to be that guy but I feel the showrunners have to be doing this on purpose and it's been a common theme this season, but I think this was another masturbation themed episode or at least tied to his puberty/sexual frustration/curiosity. I mean... he had a pillow girlfriend...

I hate to be that guy but I feel the showrunners have to be doing this on purpose and it's been a common theme this season, but I think this was another masturbation themed episode or at least tied to his puberty/sexual frustration/curiosity. I mean... he had a pillow girlfriend...

... while I think you're right about the puberty thing, I'm not sure I would call it a masturbation episode.

It was more like a weird "wet dream" about having a girlfriend who loves him (he was sure Flame Princess didn't like him anymore) and a family.

... while I think you're right about the puberty thing, I'm not sure I would call it a masturbation episode.

It was more like a weird "wet dream" about having a girlfriend who loves him (he was sure Flame Princess didn't like him anymore) and a family.
Well they do sell pillows with certain... roles don't they?

But yeah, I meant that it seemed more in line with the others. I don't know if it says something about me or the creators or both haha.

This show is really in danger for becoming pure Adult Swim material and losing all pretense at being a kids show. I also feel the weirdness quotient has been too high lately outweighing the adventure and humor elements.

Not entirely sure how I felt about last night's episode. I was okay with the whole Narnia "becoming young again" scenario after he was shot out of pillow world, but the moment he just forgets everything after Flame Princess calls...I just mentally threw my arms up in the air and wondered why my time was wasted.

It was a decent and thought provoking episode up until that point which I really enjoyed. That is why I am having such trouble with this one. That one bit at the end where he just erases the entire episode from worth is just poking at my enjoyment otherwise.

Loved that last episode, it was not a happy ending but never was supposed to. I love how Jake's advice connected everything but he was such an hypocrite about it at the end.

CorvoSol

Loved that last episode, it was not a happy ending but never was supposed to. I love how Jake's advice connected everything but he was such an hypocrite about it at the end.

I love how sixty pillow years in the future Finn couldn't remember Jake's advice or face or voice.

To be honest, the ending reminded me of that party episode when he realized the house was really haunted and wanted to forget/block his memory of it. I just figured this was the same sort of deal. He very easily blocks out floopy shit.

Yeah, they are getting a bit carried away with ending each episode like nothing happened, never to be brought up again. Finn's attitude there was annoying. Maybe it's just suppose to be Finn's internal growth as a person...or something. Idk.

I do like how no matter what the scenario is, Finn will always end up with some kind of prosthetic arm.

It just is getting friggen weird this and last season. Episode after episode is just coming off as confusing and doesn't feel as enjoyable to me as ones from the first couple seasons did.

W_Dreamer

Yeah, they are getting a bit carried away with ending each episode like nothing happened, never to be brought up again. Finn's attitude there was annoying. Maybe it's just suppose to be Finn's internal growth as a person...or something. Idk.

I do like how no matter what the scenario is, Finn will always end up with some kind of prosthetic arm.

What did Finn actually develop as a character in the dream anyway?

How to get married and have a family? How is that relevant to current timeline Finn?

It was just a nice foreshadowing of possible adult Finn, he never conquered some great character flaw in the dream that hinders him substantially back in the real world does he?

plasmasd

I didn't recognize the voice at first, but I totally knew that story was The Inner Light. After realizing it was Frakes, brilliant.

jediyoshi

At the same time it still fits in with their other usual trope of having super abrupt endings. I think the show has enough recurring threads at the moment that them not holding onto anything from this is fine with me. The entire episode itself is still predicated on finn x fp and they touched on rainicorn's pregnancy again. Would rather have them not having to deal with a bunch of things to keep track of over the course of the show.

I love Adult Finn's robotic arm. No matter what he's gonna lose that right arm at some point it seems.

This show is really in danger for becoming pure Adult Swim material and losing all pretense at being a kids show. I also feel the weirdness quotient has been too high lately outweighing the adventure and humor elements.

No, it isn't. We're adults, and we're watching it through our adult lenses with our adult brains. Children are not going to pick up on any of the more subtle or mature jokes that are put into the show. An innocent kid is going to see a magic pod that produces ice cream but a tainted adult is going to see a leaking vagina. They get away with it because it's done in such a way that children would never possibly pick up on it.

Kuroyume

Banned
Episode wasn't my favorite but it was weird so it was at least good in that regard. Thought Finn was going to abandon his family.

No, it isn't. We're adults, and we're watching it through our adult lenses with our adult brains. Children are not going to pick up on any of the more subtle or mature jokes that are put into the show. An innocent kid is going to see a magic pod that produces ice cream but a tainted adult is going to see a leaking vagina. They get away with it because it's done in such a way that children would never possibly pick up on it.

Wait did this actually happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom