• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

I've been wondering if Martin's actually Finn's dad, but it would actually make sense that he is, I guess we'll find out the origins of Finn and his parents during the season. We might also find out how Humans dealt with Rainicorns, since they ate humans and Lady Rainicorn's parents thought they were extinct.

I'm also wondering if we'll ever see the Hyoomans again, it's been over 90 episodes since Susan Strong was in it.

Yeah, this occurred to me as well. Still, I don't think we saw any other humans in the citadel and it would be pretty annoying if it turns out Fin's real dad escaped without anyone noticing him.

Yeah, I guess it runs the risk of cheapening things. I still think it's a possibility, but it's definitely easier to imagine quite a bit of character development if that really is his dad.

by the by
newest episode (both parts) is free on Xbox Video [link]

Exotoro

So when is Finn gonna get his arm back?

"The first eight episodes of season six deal with Finn and his dad, and play out the new status quo of Finn having a father figure in his life again."

-via

dunno if that really SAYS anything about his arm coming back but it'll be addressed soon I think

Crocodile

Oh look, another potentially interesting Adventure Time plotline that was resolved in an anti-climatic and ultimately uninteresting fashion :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Slow episode, but after last week I figured it would be low-key.

A shame that the goo zombies were wasted, and I wish James stuck around (it'd be hilarious to have Brak as a recurring character on the show).

This show used to pair new episodes together right? I never actually had the chance to witness that, only got caught up with the show in 2013.

Tuck

Liked the episode a lot. Really funny. I thought James was gonna be the new Cinnamon Bun for a while, but then PB banishes him at the end (Which is mega harsh...)

Felt the zombies were resolved decently. Not blown away nor disappointed with that resolution. Could that have been given an entire episode too? i suppose, but I don't think it would have been more fun or epic.

Mononoke

Banned
Randomly caught up on this show the other day. Last episode I saw was in Season 4. Gah damn Finn, romance just isn't your thing. :(

Psxphile

Episode was pretty funny.

I was hoping Goo James would kill or mutate the rest of the James.

This episode seem to have solidified the idea that a large quantity of candy mass can absorb and nullify the toxic substances left over from the mushroom war. It took 25 Jameses to "null" goo James but it worked.

So what's the difference between the infected James and the infected Princess Bubblegum from a few seasons ago? When infected James was going towards the Princess he seemed to be communicating. I'm convinced that PB is the real villain of the series. So many shady reveals.

So what's the difference between the infected James and the infected Princess Bubblegum from a few seasons ago? When infected James was going towards the Princess he seemed to be communicating. I'm convinced that PB is the real villain of the series. So many shady reveals.

Pretty sure that was the Lich, not just her being infected.

Exotoro

i felt this episode was a bit disappointing but after bomb after bomb it was probably time to loosen up a little

Unbounded

Loved this episode. It was freakin' hilarious.

Also:
"Hey, Kid!" *Punts over the wall*

And the
Banana guards are dumb as nails. I lost it when the jameses walked out with gloves and they didn't recognize them.

japtor

Loved this episode. It was freakin' hilarious.

Also:
"Hey, Kid!" *Punts over the wall*

And the
Banana guards are dumb as nails. I lost it when the jameses walked out with gloves and they didn't recognize them.
On the second point, my favorite part was
them saying "You mean they're vigintiquintuplets?"
Loved the episode, "Jake, lets save these candy orphans" needs a gif with subtitles.
No subtitles, but here's a gif: http://i.imgur.com/llAn0wV.gif

Tuck

Considering how stupid the banana guard is, its actually pretty amazing that there's any sense of order in the candy kingdom.

Epcott

EsLBNgN.gif

Priceless!

Pretty good episode.

Finn was broken during the episode, being obsessed with his fathers arm. Then PB trolls everyone by making Finn think he met his father again. I thought it would have been cool if that was really his father, and he somehow redeemed himself. Oh well, still a nice episode. Also, dat ending. PB's arm got hurt when the tower fell lol.

Off topic, this episode reminded me of that South Park episode. Where Stan, Kyle, and Cartman build a giant tower to space to try and see Kenny in heaven.

Crocodile

So Finn developed a........Stand?

Anyway I think this was an important episode for Finn's character and the particular dilemma he is in. I lost my shit at the deer LOL. The ending was also pretty LOL
I hope PB is ok O_O

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Liked the episode a lot. Really funny. I thought James was gonna be the new Cinnamon Bun for a while, but then PB banishes him at the end (Which is mega harsh...)

Felt the zombies were resolved decently. Not blown away nor disappointed with that resolution. Could that have been given an entire episode too? i suppose, but I don't think it would have been more fun or epic.

I mean they've kind of done the whole zombie thing before so I'm not mad that they decided to simply make it a quick fight and keep it moving.

Pretty good episode.

Finn was broken during the episode, being obsessed with his fathers arm. Then PB trolls everyone by making Finn think he met his father again. I thought it would have been cool if that was really his father, and he somehow redeemed himself. Oh well, still a nice episode. Also, dat ending. PB's arm got hurt when the tower fell lol.

Off topic, this episode reminded me of that South Park episode. Where Stan, Kyle, and Cartman build a giant tower to space to try and see Kenny in heaven.

I'm use to PB doing her "incognito" act so I wasn't surprised. I kind of want the psychic arm to come back though because it could potentially be kick ass going forward in the series.

daveo42

Banned
So Finn developed a........Stand?

Anyway I think this was an important episode for Finn's character and the particular dilemma he is in. I lost my shit at the deer LOL. The ending was also pretty LOL
I hope PB is ok O_O

That's what it looked like to me there.
Finn had one rocking arm and PB had to go and mess it up. I'm sure that he'll either get it back at some point or finally get his robot arm.
It is good that he was able to work out his issues, even if
PB was the one to trick him into it.

I'm interested in where this biz is going as we're seeing a lot of Finn changes and probably a ton more reveals in this season.

PB and Finn are armless buddies now. LOL

Tuck

Awesome, awesome episode. Ending was great, and Finn learned a lesson. Wonder what the
magic arm
was about.

zeemumu

Yup, noticed that. They're clearly hinting towards... Something.

Finn apparently had
some hidden telekinetic abilities, so the arm probably just went dormant. It's probably controlled by strong emotion, and we probably didn't see it last episode because there really wasn't anything huge going on there. The arm might show up again when he needs it.
As for PB,
she's effectively immortal as long as there's enough candy mass to rebuild herself, so losing an arm shouldn't be that big of a deal.

"What's your melon heart telling you?"
"I want to punch my dad in the face and steal his arm."

Damn son. Not that I disagree, but that's some cold shit. I guess Finn being pretty messed up isn't a surprise. Episode felt shorter than usual, but it was pretty tight. I loved his mega frown
you saw side-on trying to boil the spaghetti. Finn and Jake's faces after toppling the tower into the kingdom were great.
"You were hallucinating like crazy, so it was really easy to trick you. I figured you'd thank me when you learnt your lesson." That certainly sums up PB. Good on her for taking that punch though.

BMO was adorable, in all two of his lines.

NEO0MJ

Yeah Finn, Punch her face in! In all honesty though I rather liked PB in this episode, something that hasn't happened in some time.

How did PB know what Fins dad looked like?
Mystery?
And did anyone else notice the arm shadow.

Yeah. At first I thought it was because PB might have given him a practical robot arm but then they showed him and there was nothing there. Guess this means psychic arm will return.

Bravocado

Yeah Finn, Punch her face in! In all honesty though I rather liked PB in this episode, something that hasn't happened in some time.

I had long accepted her as being morally ambiguous, but I could not help but feel upset seeing that shiner. She's so complex, and so is her relationship with Finn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom