• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

It's been a long time since PB has cared because she's Finn's friend and not because Finn will be useful to some crazy experiment.

Though you could argue that this situation is the same thing. What do you think the over under is on everyone in the major cast losing an arm this season?

Mariolee

So I've really wanted to get into this show but there's so many episodes and I've only been able to catch a few at a time. Right now in fact I have that "Good Little Girl" song on loop (but that may be just because of my man crush on Donald Glover).

Is there like a streamlined list of amazing episodes per season so that I can get at least a little bit caught up?

So I've really wanted to get into this show but there's so many episodes and I've only been able to catch a few at a time. Right now in fact I have that "Good Little Girl" song on loop (but that may be just because of my man crush on Donald Glover).

Is there like a streamlined list of amazing episodes per season so that I can get at least a little bit caught up?

It's one of those consistent shows where the setlists people would give you would probably vary wildly. You could try only watching the "big mythology episodes", but even that designation is a little too arbitrary to make a solid list and much like X-Files, a lot of the best stuff consists of random side-stories.

I would highly recommend picking up the blu-rays. The episodes are only 11 minutes so you can burn through the three available seasons fairly quickly, and then I figure either reruns or iTunes can cover the rest.

Just finished the end of season 5 and caught up with the current place of season 6.

God damn I love this show. The ending of the Lemonhope arc was great. Anyways as for Prismo
is he permadead? Considering the original goal was to kill his cosmic/dream form not the original dude. So without old man Prismo then no cosmic Prismo?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I get the feeling that PB's arm will be fine next episode, she's made of candy so can probably just mould a new one. Like when she was younger and then older again.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I get the feeling that PB's arm will be fine next episode, she's made of candy so can probably just mould a new one. Like when she was younger and then older again.

Speaking of which why hasn't she made Finn a functional robot arm like Shoko?. That arm she made for Finn was *gulp* too swole.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I think there'll be a robot arm before the season is out. So much foreshadowing and destiny and stuff, gotta happen.

Also, anyone seen this yet? Recent 8 minute interview with Shada and Dimaggio about the characters, show impact etc, kinda nice.

Didnt actually know there'd been that many cameos!

zeemumu

I went back to watch the scene where Finn lost his arm, and I noticed that when the magic blood grows the flower on his arm, the flower briefly has the same color scheme as his psychic arm.

Mesoian

I think there'll be a robot arm before the season is out. So much foreshadowing and destiny and stuff, gotta happen.

Also, anyone seen this yet? Recent 8 minute interview with Shada and Dimaggio about the characters, show impact etc, kinda nice.

Didnt actually know there'd been that many cameos!

I saw Maria Bamford live last night, I didn't realize that she was Ghost Princess until halfway through her set. She may have been most of the teriary feminine voiced princess in retrospect. She was definitely Ghost, Hotdog and Slime, I'm starting to think she was also wildberry.

I saw Maria Bamford live last night, I didn't realize that she was Ghost Princess until halfway through her set. She may have been most of the teriary feminine voiced princess in retrospect. She was definitely Ghost, Hotdog and Slime, I'm starting to think she was also wildberry.
She plays a ton of characters, many of whom are episode-specific or have a smaller role. I've been catching up with season two and she was one of the hotdog knights in "The Limit".

Pretty sure the cloud person was voiced by Cameron Esposito. I love how this show seems intent on slowly but surely casting every funny alt comic working today.

Stulaw

Pretty sure the cloud person was voiced by Cameron Esposito. I love how this show seems intent on slowly but surely casting every funny alt comic working today.

Yep she was.

I enjoyed the episode, Finn probably won't get his preferred replacement arm until the end of the series though.

lewisgone

I rewatched the Shoko episode a couple days ago and noticed that her mechanical arm just got left by the river when she crawled off. It would be cool if it was just buried somewhere and Finn got that arm. It was simple but nice.

Also, is it a common belief that Finn was tricked at the end of last season by the Lich? "Lie on my back in the ocean. Just float" was the asterixed point by "Defeat the Lich"...which Billy never did. Sooo, Finn trying to get to the Citadel is ultimately what allowed the Lich to get free. I doubt they'll ever elaborate on that plot point again, but it just seemed weird for it to be an asterixed point to an unrelated goal. On the other hand, it would a require a ridiculous amount of forward-planning.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I was flipping through the channels when I saw this and some character was speaking Korean the whole time, now that was interesting.

Tuck

It's a filler episode that really wasn't interesting....shame. I don't know what that was, but it wasn't good.

Does Adventure Time even have filler? Its ok for them to do silly episodes like this you know. Not everything needs to tie into the over arching narrative - Adventure Time is not, and has never been, that type of show.

Irobot82

Does Adventure Time even have filler? Its ok for them to do silly episodes like this you know. Not everything needs to tie into the over arching narrative - Adventure Time is not, and has never been, that type of show.

Nah it's fine to have filler/and/or silly episodes, most of them are amazing. This episode just missed the mark for me.

TheOGB

Banned
It was literally a sad clown episode. It was silly, sad, and all around strange, and the balance of these leaves you not really knowing how to feel.

Zomba13

I didn't like this one. I don't mind random weird episodes that have no bearing on an overarching plot. I like weird. This was just kinda boring. Not really funny, not sad or touching or makes you think. Just odd and not that good.

NEO0MJ

Eh not a fan of the episode. It was pretty much filler.

I'm of opinion that filler episodes can be pretty fun, but this is not it. It feels like they were just like Blue Nose at the start trying something artsy instead of what their fans wanted.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm of opinion that filler episodes can be pretty fun, but this is not it. It feels like they were just like Blue Nose at the start trying something artsy instead of what their fans wanted.

I guess it's just the season has been great and it sucks to have a filler episode that's not even that good.

Tuck

Again, I'm really not sure the term filler applies to this show... Whether you liked the episode or not.

lewisgone

Again, I'm really not sure the term filler applies to this show... Whether you liked the episode or not.

Isn't it only really appropriate for anime, where it's based off the manga but they make stories to fill time that were never in the manga to begin with - but the stories can never be important to the plot long-term because, if they remain faithful to the manga, they never really happened? It makes sense here in this aspect.

Adventure Time isn't based off of anything, so that angle doesn't work.

Nothing important to the overall story? To be entirely honest, I think that's a really shitty way of looking at any non-consequential episode in any show. So many Adventure Time episodes are never mentioned again, and have no importance. Not every episode can be like "Escape From The Citadel". And if they were, the show likely wouldn't be as effective when it does pull out events of huge importance. Especially interesting people would be dismissing these kinds of episodes right after an episode partly about forgoing creativity and expression to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

...for the record, I am not calling people in here who feel this is "filler" the lowest common denominator. But I feel it's a very downer attitude to have. I would rather the creators take creative risks and tell the stories they want to tell than feel confined to telling a story that advances an overall "canon". What do people think of that upcoming episode my the guest animator about the food chain? Is it a waste of time and effort because it isn't canon? And if Jake's tail played a role in the story of a future episode (doubtful, but whatever) does "Sad Face" become retroactively not-filler? The term "filler" simply doesn't work.

well, what are the filler episodes of adventure time?

the spider web one is like filler right? same with root beer guy, but that was pretty good.

also lol i posted in the adventure time reddit forum and got lots of dislikes for saying it was a meh episode and not every episode would drop bombs or have deep meanings, they mad :p

Made some adventure time fan art :0

BJskEJA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom