• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

Not as shitty as the James Baxter episode, still pretty bad.

Also new episodes are being moved to Thursday for some reason.

Tuck

^So no new episode today?

Made some adventure time fan art :0

BJskEJA.png

That's awesome!!

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, guess there wasn't a new episode today, but new episodes will be on Thursdays in June. If they have them in order in the commercial, the block will be:

Teen Titans GO! at 6/5c
Amazing World of Gumball at 6:30/5:30c
Regular Show at 7/6c
Adventure Time at 7:30/6:30c

Zapages

Yeah, guess there wasn't a new episode today, but new episodes will be on Thursdays in June. If they have them in order in the commercial, the block will be:

Teen Titans GO! at 6/5c
Regular Show at 7/6c

I think its because Adventure TIme team is finishing up Bravest Warriors in late May and in Early June.

Riki

Just caught up on the last two.
Sad Face was such a weird episode!

I think its because Adventure TIme team is finishing up Bravest Warriors in late May and in Early June.
Whoa! Wait! Bravest Warriors is becoming a full show?! Awesome!
Oh wait, missread. Nevermind. D:

Psxphile

Teen Titans GO! at 6/5c
Regular Show at 7/6c

Preview

Return of Har Har Thursdays?

wtf

First I've heard of this. Figured they were independent of each other besides both being created by Penn.

Bravest Warriors is made by a completely different team of people. Adventure Time is a Cartoon Network show, Bravest is all done at Frederator. Their teams have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

Also, Bravest Warriors is done for this season, just FYI. They're maybe still mixing sound but the last three episodes have been done for about a month, I think.

Pretty sure Pen's role is much smaller in Bravest? Even he says he doesn't deserve credit for that, I think.
Correct, he's more like an executive producer and he voices some characters. Otherwise he has very very little to do with it.

There's an upcoming episode that seems to be the first that Jesse Moynihan wrote and storyboarded entirely by himself, called "Something Big". Why do I have a feeling it will be one of the best episodes ever?

Crocodile

So I came across the Card Wars game at my LGS. I had no idea it had been turned into a real thing. Is like the game actually good/fun or just a cash in on the Adventure Time episode?

Epcott

So the new episodes come on Thursday now at 7:00PM EST (I think, unless Clarence takes its place).

Anyways, liked the new episode until the end. Not sure what happened... Er well, I'm not sure why it happened. Felt like a cop-out. Meh.
Welcome back arm, I guess

Hate to say this, but I didn't like this episode. At all.

I always hate when they get into romance with Finn involved. It always turns bad. I liked when he was with Flame Princess, but then they pulled the Cinnamon Bun move on him. Ever since that with the continued rejection of PB, I just think Finn is better left alone. You know the saying "don't beat a dead horse." In this situation, the dead horse would be Finn's relationship status. They keep screwing him over so much, that it's hard to see the guy keep suffering.This episode was about him needing to be happy, and the first thing that comes to his mind is kissing princesses? I found that part weird itself, but I forgave it. Then the bee girl transforms and says she'll be with him (or pollinate him I think she said?), and instead Finn says he wants to "keep it casual." So he goes to find LSP? LSP!? I don't even know what happened between him and LSP, and I don't think I want to know lol. It was just a weird episode for me.

Anyways, I do have 2 good things to say about this episode. The group of bee's made me laugh when they said
"Aye girl, I know you hear me."
Also,
Finn finally got his arm back :D

Not a fan of that episode.
Also not excited that finn already got his arm back. I wish it would have came back in a more plot heavy episode, related to his dad or something.

Tuck

Episode was good, aside from the singing. But I hated the ending. Already back to the status quo....

Zomba13

I liked it. Finn was in a funk
so went out and 'kissed' a bunch of ladies to make himself feel better but in the end he realised that going out and having meaningless 'kissing' with a bunch of people you don't care about doesn't matter as much as that one connection you have that makes you feel good about yourself and life when you're in a funk. Also he possible had some kind of sex with LSP if that's possible. I'm not sure of the logistics of lumpy space beings so I can't be sure. Also Breezy was kinda rapey with Finn's pure flower for a bit.

TheOGB

Banned
I enjoyed the episode on the first view; I continue to like how, even in its silliness, the show can have these episodes about the healthy and non-healthy was of dealing with issues people face as a kid growing up. But it is an episode I'll have to rewatch to get a better idea of. There are things I know I didn't pick up on immediately because I laughed it off at first.

Psxphile

Well, I wouldn't go so far as call it that... but uh, shit got real for a second there.

Idiocracy reference, Finn macking on ladies because he feels like shit, cute bee that only sees him as a means to an end and the realization that Finn only ever gets "good vibes" when he's being a hero for his princess. This was a weird episode. Also, are people actually mad that he got his arm back and not the robot limb they've been hinting at since Season 2? Still, there's something different about his new arm so it isn't quite status quo.

Also, sneak peek at a new Fiona and Cake episode:

Seems focused on Lumpy Space Prince

Getting Misery vibes.

Glad I found this thread because I was shitting bricks on the East side.

The themes implied in this episode was...

What in the fuck bro.

I wish his arm was slower to grow back, perhaps each episode they would allude to it returning to normal.

But this one episode was like... HOW DO YOU FIT ALL THAT SHIT IN 15 MINUTES?!?!?

I loved it. It mind fucked me.

lewisgone

I thought last night's episode was great. I think Jesse Moynihan is one of my favorite writers on the show, a lot of the episodes he works on just seem to go a bit deeper into Finn's feelings and development, which I know some people hate but I find pretty nice. He tweeted that this weeks episode was very personal and that seemed pretty obvious, and added to the episode a lot, I think.

Banzai

Meh, don't like the episodes about romance...
Was that hallucination-PB carrying Finn's future sword?. Looks awesome!

Exotoro

actually the more I think about it... the episode was pretty bad

it just randomly drops the
whole one arm subplot
and just... I don't know.

zeemumu

I....I'm not entirely sure what I just saw. The underlying themes in this episode were pretty mature, even for Adventure Time. I don't know which one was more mature:
Breezy "royal jelly'ing" for Finn only to get turned down
, or
LSP doing God knows what to Finn.

As far as new characters go, though, Breezy was awesome. Good job, Ashly Burch.

Macka

Finn getting his arm back, especially so soon, kind of cheapens all of the build up towards him losing it in the first place imo. :/

jstripes

Banned
Ever since that with the continued rejection of PB, I just think Finn is better left alone. You know the saying "don't beat a dead horse." In this situation, the dead horse would be Finn's relationship status. They keep screwing him over so much, that it's hard to see the guy keep suffering.This episode was about him needing to be happy, and the first thing that comes to his mind is kissing princesses?

Finn's not a kid. He's 14 or 15 at this point. With some exceptions, that's pretty much what goes through everyone's mind all the time at that age. And for him it's especially frustrating, given that he's the only human. He can only distract himself with adventures so much.

But the ending... ya, it was kinda cheap and anti-climactic.

Nooooooooooo,
no robot arm?
Total bummer, man :(
This episode was weird. Not as weird as Sad Face, though.
I hope Finn will still get
his robot arm sometime this season.
Also
nice sword that Breezy/PB had there. Wonder if that's going to be Finn's new sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom