• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is there a no-filler guide to Season 6? I need to catch up but I'm primarily hoping to trim out the non-story episodes for now. (I'll go back and catch them later.)

Tuck

Is there a no-filler guide to Season 6? I need to catch up but I'm primarily hoping to trim out the non-story episodes for now. (I'll go back and catch them later.)

Probably, but season 6 is probably the most serial season - episodes remain standalone but there are more ties than ever between them IIRC.

And in the back half, pretty much every episode starts hinting towards the finale, so you basically need to watch all of them.

There was a stretch of episodes halfway through that can definitely be skipped, and watching them later would probably make the season better.

Despite that, I don't like using the word "filler" with Adventure Time. The show is by its very nature stand alone episodes - most Adventure Time episodes are "filler."

Raxus

New episode in 15 minutes

Cherry Cream Soda

tumblr_nwwvdtgEEn1t0t09yo1_1280.png

The arrival of a visitor causes Cherry Cream Soda's life to fall flat.

RK128

The new episode was good :).

Spoilers:
Really like seeing the lives of the candy people, so having an episode focused on them is really nice. We learn how the soda ones are 'born', how Root Bear Guy 'dies' (I'm guessing that happened in Season Six), and how Cherry Cream Soda copes with her husbands passing. Like the cameo from Jake and Lady Rainacorn and the ending was well done :).

Really like the direction these new episodes are going and I am excited about Thursday's and Friday's episodes :D.

Crocodile

That was one of the better Adventure Time episodes I can ever remember <3

Monday's episode was whatever and yesterday was sweet but not what I'd call an A+ episode by any means

border

Is there an episode guide that will just take me through the mythology/lore episodes and let me skip the standalone episodes? I always feel kind of hopeless when I want to go back to this show and there's 4-5 seasons' worth of material to catch up on.

RK128

That was one of the better Adventure Time episodes I can ever remember <3

Monday's episode was whatever and yesterday was sweet but not what I'd call an A+ episode by any means

I feel that between all the episodes of this new season out right now, the one that came out on Tuesday was the best (to me at least), but you're right; these new episodes while good/great, doesn't match what past seasons were.

But considering the show is running for its Seventh season at this point, its very impressive that the quality is still high; many shows start to dip with their quality far earlier (Family Guy started getting bad after Season 4 for example).

Looking forward to the Stakes Spin-Off series, as I am very interested in seeing how the quality of that matches other episodes of the show. With Rebecca Sugar coming back on board in that mini series (after her fantastic work with Steven Universe) and the quality of these episodes being high, this mini-series has a lot of potential :D.

vypek

I really liked that episode. Surprised they continued on with the story of the characters. This makes it 3 episodes telling events in their lives, right?

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
Was this directed at me? If so: no, I don't work for CN.

Nope, she's completely new. Maybe they have plans for her later in the season? She seems to be either a representation of Caduceus or Coatlicue.

ya sorry, I forgot I could quote people lol. Haven't been on gaf since Legend of Korra was airing. But lots of new stuff to be on here about. Life seemed so cool!

Psxphile

"Stakes!" media blowout:

Brief promo

(Nothing much there, unless you're a sucker for Marcy singing)

The Adventure Time Wikia has been updated with several exclusive screenshots from Stakes!, as well as a clean and hi-res version of the key-art used for the official DVD cover:

More at the link.

Tuck

Ahaha another one of those "wdf" endings. Fantastic.

They're making good use of the King of Ooo this season.

big ander

Hah this was a really fun one. First great Finn and Jake ep of the season, nailed their lackadaisical adventuring and offbeat sense of humor, had a ton of creative art and events. hilarious non sequitur ending.

Tomorrow will be good I bet— anything BMO usually is and it looks like it's the first ep boarded by Partridge whose art I've liked for a while.

Psxphile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlImg2bm28

Fun episode. Much like PB, Finn and Jake are being re-positioned outside the Candy Kingdom's influence and being allowed to choose their own paths in life. Not that they didn't already, but now that they're fired they have no need to obey KOO's somewhat random royal edicts simply because they envision themselves as proper knights loyal to king and country.

It was nice to see Canyon again. Her role in the episode didn't seem all that purposeful but she seemed like a good foil for F&J's struggling loyalty issues. Mushroom monster was an odd duck, though.

It appears the voice of B-MO and Lady Rainicorn, Niki Yang, is working on her own kid's show now, and there's a pilot up on Amazon. Full details here. I thought it was cute. Seems like they could use some reviews and ratings to help push the show, so if you like what you see you should maybe throw a little positive something their way.

Raxus

Ahaha another one of those "wdf" endings. Fantastic.

They're making good use of the King of Ooo this season.
King of Ooo is voiced by Andy Daily. Be sure to check out Review as well. One of the best comedies on TV right now.

RK128

Really liked the episode :).

Spoilers:
Its nice seeing Finn & Jake being fired by the King of Ooo; helps them go through the same path PB and Marcy are dealing with, finding themselves and getting a place in the world. Finn and Jake already have this (with both seeing themselves as heroes of Ooo) but still, nice to see this happen. It could also be a great set up for the Stakes mini-series; they are helping PB and Marcy because they have nothing else better to do :).

Never heard of Canyon before, but I'm guessing she was a big character in season five or six (which I really need to catch up on; missed a lot of episodes from both seasons), so that's why I'm a bit lost with her character. But regardless of that, she was funny and her interactions with Finn & Jake was great :D.

Loved the way the episode ended with the King of Ooo trying to fly on the pizza XD! He is a really funny character and I hope we see more of him :'). The Banana Guard starting to sing at the end was really out there too XD!

Silkworm

Really liked the episode :).

Spoilers:
Never heard of Canyon before, but I'm guessing she was a big character in season five or six (which I really need to catch up on; missed a lot of episodes from both seasons), so that's why I'm a bit lost with her character. But regardless of that, she was funny and her interactions with Finn & Jake was great :D.

Canyon was Billy's girlfriend at one point :) Poor Billy :-(

That was great. I'm believing that football isn't real and BMO is just insane though. Or maybe BMO just has split personality disorder.

Joqu

Yeah, that episode was amazing. I'm gonna be in the camp that thinks
Football is real. I know it can all be interpreted to be part of a delusion but seeing the mirror universe from BMO's perspective convinced me it was real.

Now to be fair I've never been as down on season 6 as some people in the first place but I gotta say this one is really shaping up to be my favourite since 4. Hope it can keep it up because I'm really loving it so far!

I haven't watched Adventure Time in ages (since the beginning of season 6), so I've missed a lot.

I'm coming back for Marceline though, sorry, not sorry. Saw Varmints, will be back for Stakes.

RK128

Final episode of the Adventure Time bomb this week before we dive into Stakes!

Football

Watched most of the episode and man, was impressed how they handheld things.

The best part of it was that its up to the viewer regarding Football being real or not; enough points to him/her being real but you could easily see it being a way for BEMO for coping with a case of MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder). Always thought he/she was an imaginary friend for BEMO since he/she was introduced but I'm in the camp thinking Football is real. Though the mirror world could be BEMO's 'Mind', so it can also be MPD too.

Finn and Jakes reaction to BEMO acting odd was great though, as they honestly didn't know how to take it; they just let BEMO do its thing.

Love the ending to the episode and I'm looking forward to the Stakes Spin-Off Mini Series in two weeks :D.

Really like the direction the show is going in; honestly captured what I loved of the show from past seasons and I really gotta give Season Six a full watch to get a solid view on that (as it seems to be very divisive).

Also gotta comment on how a few of these episodes are leading into the Stakes mini-series. Spoilers:
PB starting a new life and us getting a hint to her origin, Marcy bonding with PB and becoming closer, Finn & Jake being fired from the royal guard giving them the excuse to help out PB and Marcy latter on; a lot is set up to get the mini series in motion :).

zeopower6

I'm catching up on S6 and I totally get why people might have been iffy about it. So many of the latter half episodes seem like drug trips.

Psxphile

OP has been updated with the following new episode descriptions for each Stakes! installment:

Individual Stakes! episode descriptions:
Part 1: Marceline the Vampire Queen
Finn and Jake hunt a shadowy predator and Marceline asks Princess Bubblegum for a favor.
Part 2: Everything Stays
Marceline looks back on her life on her last day.
Part 3: Vamps About
Old foes surface from Marceline's past.
Part 4: Empress Eyes
An old adversary targets the Ice Kingdom and Marceline has to save Simon.
Part 5: May I Come In?
The gang search for Vamps.
Part 6: Take Her Back
Princess Bubblegum searches for a cure for Marceline and Finn and Jake battle a vamp.
Part 7: Checkmate
Marceline's archenemy visits and makes an odd proposal right before battle.
Part 8: The Dark Cloud
The final confrontation begins.
Source

big ander

Football was fun. to me it's always been super clear it's just in BMO's head though. even "in the mirror world" here they cleverly made it so BMO only saw what "Football" would be able to see by looking in the mirror while the rest was black. which looked really cool and creepy. But this is no more real than BMO Noire I think

Yomidi

Really liked these first five episodes of the season. My favorite was probably Football, that might be since I really like BMO.
I don't think Football is real, it's probably just all in BMO's head.

Dice//

Banned
I normally love episodes about BMO, but I wasn't a fan of this one. Dunno why.

I don't like 'em much actually so I might skip it heh. But I do admire the hell when shows take attention away from Hero 1 and Hero 2, wish more did that, and some of my fav episodes have been those.

KiN0

This last week has been a great return to form for the series. The last season was really boring tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom