• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

Re-watched the two episodes for tonight and man were they good :D.

It was nice seeing the Vampires be introduced, as they are really full of life (even the little one, despite having little screen time was quite funny XD). The Vampire King is such a great design and the latter episodes make him even more interesting.

The Empress is a great character too, as once you think about it, what she does to Simon is really messed up. The Diary of Simon's she reads, how she treats him like nothing and Marcy's anger toward her really paint a picture; she was the one that really messed with both of them the most. Very satisfying seeing Marcy stake her with that context in mind.

Love seeing Peppermint Butler have a bigger role in the series, as he is mostly a background character (outside of some of the earlier seasons of Adventure Time. Not going to post about the leaked episodes but I will say I loved this entire mini-series; Adventure Time is back and I really hope they do more stuff like this mini-series in the future.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
Wow this mini series was amazing!!! My following comments are only if you completed the whole thing.
I wonder if the 2 stars at the end meant anything.
Also, i really hope this mini series is like a gateway into the overall story. Like it would be nice to know more about Marcie's mom. And more about her relationship with Pb etc...

Opto

Banned
So i watched it all
Everything's back to the way it was. I figured Marceline would be vampirized again but the way it happen felt like the writers didn't give it enough weight.

Psxphile

Seems like The Empress and Simon have some shared history together, back when he was still "a silver fox".

tumblr_nxz3otJByn1qi9tajo1_1280.png

tumblr_nxz3otJByn1qi9tajo2_1280.png
He didn't even try.

RK128

Wow this mini series was amazing!!! My following comments are only if you completed the whole thing.
I wonder if the 2 stars at the end meant anything.
Also, i really hope this mini series is like a gateway into the overall story. Like it would be nice to know more about Marcie's mom. And more about her relationship with Pb etc...

If you are looking for more answers and exploration on Marcy's backstory, I don't think we will be getting that with the remaining five episodes.

They go back to the format of the first five episodes of the season, but two of them stand out; one is going to have stop-motion animation and the other is a BEMO Christmas episode (likely a sequel to the Holly Jolly Secrets episodes from early seasons from the show).

But season eight is likely coming Summer 2016 (with Steven Universe, We Bare Bears and other CN shows airing until then) and that might cover more about Marcy's and Simon's backstory.

The big question on where the series will go next is a bit tricky, but this mini series opens a few doors to what directions they could go in. Spoilers for the Leaked Episodes bellow:

-Finn having his Sword Arm still
-PB and Marcy's relationship being explored more
-Vampire King's role inside Marcy's mind
-PB ruling over the Candy Kingdom again
-Finn and Jake going on adventures
-Simon's and Marcy's backstory being explored further
-What happened to the other Humans

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another set of eight-episodes next season that tells us what happened to Simon and Marcy post Mushroom Cloud War; a lot of plot elements are wide open for exploration and if they want to stories set within this time period in the show's lore, it would be interesting to see.

Seems like The Empress and Simon have some shared history together, back when he was still "a silver fox".

He didn't even try.

Welp, guess Finn wants to make some easy money I guess XD! His facial expression when selling Marcy's books is great; its like he doesn't even care he's selling them :').

TheOGB

Banned
I missed parts 3 and 4 earlier so I went to get caught up and... well I won't act like it was an accident, but I watched the whole thing. It was pretty math.

(Mostly vague impressions of ending)
I'm not sure how to feel about that ending. It seems like it was supposed to be a bit more triumphant than it was, but it ended up more like "...Huh, okay." The magical monster girl outta nowhere thing was a major source of the "what?" factor. Not terrible, and I don't really need an explanation for it or anything, but it did make for a strange resolution. Really excellent miniseries overall, though.

PolishQ

If you are looking for more answers and exploration on Marcy's backstory, I don't think we will be getting that with the remaining five episodes.

Are you suggesting that Season 7 is only 18 episodes? Got a source on that?

Previously Adam Muto was quoted saying that Season 7 would contain "around the same" number of episodes as Season 6 (which had 43).

Previously Adam Muto was quoted saying that Season 7 would contain "around the same" number of episodes as Season 6 (which had 43).

I assume they meant the remaining 4 episodes of stakes?

RK128

Really O_O!

I just assumed that we are only getting 18 episodes due to that many being listed in the OP.....

I'm sorry guys for the mistake :(.

Great to hear that we have a lot of episodes to see then and considering this is part of the fist half of the season, then they really kicked it off great then :D.

I assume they meant the remaining 4 episodes of stakes?

There are 18 episodes going to be released by the end of December (the first five episodes, the Stakes mini-series, and the other five episodes). I counted the other four episodes of stakes when I said 18 episodes, so again, sorry for the confusion everyone :(.

Psxphile

^ while we know there are at least 5 other episodes that exist due to interviews and title leaks and stuff, I don't think we actually know if they'll air before 2016. Show could go on hiatus after Stakes concludes, we don't have any schedule info on when more episodes will be aired.

May I Come In Title Card

Take Her Back Title Card

Jumping ahead:
tumblr_ny0ukwTdL21s4yagho1_1280.jpg

Halfway there! Tonight is some Luke & Emily + more Jesse & Ako, then tomorrow night everything wraps up with Jesse & Ako + Steve & Me. Ours is “The Dark Cloud”, and I hope y’all dig it.
Tom Herpich

vypek

So i watched it all
Everything's back to the way it was. I figured Marceline would be vampirized again but the way it happen felt like the writers didn't give it enough weight.

This is a little disappointing as I was hoping it would be
all her powers are back but she is not a vampire this time around.

On another note,
I'm loving this hit list kind of thing where the X out the person killed in the episode.

And on another note once again, I like Marceline's past stuff a lot. I thought she got
all her powers from her father. Not that soul suck allowed her to get a ton of other ones and that she was sired by the vampire kind.

Raxus

Halfway there! Marceline still has a long way to go to quell the vampire problem in Ooo. 2 new episodes at 8 PM EST tonight!

May I Come In?

Marceline and company hunt The Moon only to run into an uninvited guest.

Take Her Back
PB must find a way to save Marceline from a grave injury.

I was kind of crying during the second part.

Don't look at me.

Also the fact that Finn and Jake spent the whole day stabbing someone is kinda funny but also messed up.

Venture

These have all been so amazingly good.

I feel like I missed something last episode.
Why was Pep But able to stake The Moon and kill her when Finn couldn't?

I think it has something to do with his relationship with Death or his creepy powers and I think Marceline sucked her soul at the moment of death but before she would just come back from it because healing powers? That's my reasoning anyways

Venture

I think it has something to do with his relationship with Death or his creepy powers and I think Marceline sucked her soul at the moment of death but before she would just come back from it because healing powers? That's my reasoning anyways
Hmm, yeah that kind of makes sense.

Guess I should've spoilered that. Sorry.

I don't think the stake killed her, but just disrupted her and she's weak to soul sucking. Everybody else got exploded into dust before being sucked up.

Psxphile

I thought it was strange that
The Moon couldn't be killed by direct sunlight, when Marceline (with her power) could if she stayed out long enough.

Raxus

The Moon couldn't be killed by direct sunlight, when Marceline (with her power) could if she stayed out long enough.

I guess in order to make her less of a lame adversary they just went and gave her Wolverine like healing powers lol.

KiN0

Yeah, that bothered me a little bit.

Though I guess they could always use some explanation like "she gets a diluted version of their powers or something" to cover it.

Psxphile

Yeah, that bothered me a little bit.

Though I guess they could always use some explanation like "she gets a diluted version of their powers or something" to cover it.

Possibly stemming from her half-human/half-demon make-up.

Venture

I don't think the stake killed her, but just disrupted her and she's weak to soul sucking. Everybody else got exploded into dust before being sucked up.
I just watched the first six episodes again and clearly saw what you were talking about.

It was a really big stake.
Lol, that too.

It really sucks they always broadcast the end credits all squished up and with no sound. The Stakes credits music is really beautiful. I hope there's a longer version somewhere in the DVD release.

vypek

Guess they're not posting the Dark Cloud title card because it's kind of a spoiler.

Stakes! series end title card

Masterful. This whole mini-series as a bit of a 'Kill Bill' feel to it.

That is exactly what I thought of. Loved the hit man kind of thing they have going and x-ing out the faces. I like the design of the hypnotist (can't remember her name) and vampire king a lot.

Great little mini series, really enjoyed it and everything that came with it. Weren't we also supposed to be getting something similar with Fionna and Cake? (Maybe not as long) or has that been swept under the rug/cancelled.

yamarei

Neo Member
I ended up enjoying this mini-series for what it was, but I was really hoping it would delve a bit more into Adventure TIme's history. They sure tease the hell out of some post war stuff in the second episode, though.

Everything Stays is a great song.

Psxphile

Well, that... was a thing wasn't it?

Apparently the fight with The Moon during Marceline's flashbacks actually happened in an Adventure Time comic special that was released last month:

Hanna K. recently uploaded some teaser pages from the comic on her blog.

Also you can hear an instrumental version of Everything Stays here

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
"Everything Stays" might be my favorite song from the series now. So incredibly sweet and simple. Going to be humming it for a while to come. Really hope they get Rebbecca back for more stuff down the road, even if SU is also completely amazing

Adventure Time really excels at those candid little moments. The format demands that touching scenes be condensed into windows one only gets the briefest glimpse into. Some might call them shallow, but not I think not lingering on each little interaction or scene really helps establish an inexplicable tenderness while still keeping with the rapid-fire madcapness of the show overall.

Loved the miniseries overall and can't wait to see what's ahead. Really glad this show is back and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom