• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grassy

Grassy

9NrNSTB.png

If the Eagles hold on, maybe :p

Yeah I'd like to see the odds for picking all the winners this week. I was surprised I was the only one to pick the Bulldogs though. Pure luck, a lot of these games could have gone either way. I'll take another Whopper though.

Post a pic of it for me. The closest I'll get to one this year.

Brad Scott is the gift that keeps on giving. You can use those gifs to describe his reactions to the roof being open when he doesn't want it to be.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday June 5th
Fremantle vs. Richmond @ Domain Stadium

Saturday June 6th
Carlton vs. Adelaide @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. Sydney @ Metricon Stadium
Essendon vs. Geelong @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday June 7th
Greater Western Sydney vs. Brisbane @ Spotless Stadium
North Melbourne vs. West Coast @ Blundstone Arena
St Kilda vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Monday June 8th
Melbourne vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Round 10 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fairly "predictable" round. The only close game is the Essendon v Geelong game. Good luck picking the upsets.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

If you're calling me out because Richmond won, I meant it as the round doesn't really offer many split choices in tipping. There were most likely going to be upsets (as we've already seen) but the odds are so heavily stacked in one team's favor imo that you could expect most tippers to back the same teams. The Essendon v Geelong game was going to be the obvious game to split the tipping group. North and West Coast and maybe Melbourne and Collingwood, if someone is crazy enough, might get a few tipping an upset but most of us are going to be backing the favorites, therefore making it predictable.

Edit: Is it because I said the Essendon game was close... lol

I'm hoping for a close game just because I think it has the potential to be a great contest.

Edit2 : Fantastic contest between Adelaide and Carlton. Good to see some fight from the Blues.

Edit3: Nothing that I can see on www.afl.com.au but been hearing Stevie J is out and Luxford will debut. Also heard Stanley is also out but not sure.
Stanley out, Stevie J playing.

Edit4: Poor Judd. Confirmed that he did his ACL.
https://twitter.com/David_King_34/status/607072351423897600

oipic

Gutted. :(

Sad and premature end for Juddy. There was something wet in my eye when he waved to the crowd from the stretcher as he neared the boundary. Thanks for the many, many hours of inspirational entertainment, champ!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be interesting to see if we (Geelong) can hold on if Essendon decide to put in some effort given we're one of the worst, if not the worst, 2nd half side this year. Not sure what's going on with the Bombers, they are playing some really limp footy tonight. I expected a lot tougher football from them.

I haven't been blown away tonight by the quality of football tonight despite the margin. I'd like to see some of our classier, faster players like Guthrie get their hands on the ball more to give us that faster ball movement across the ground.

P. Fembot

Banned
Hope Juddy's recovery will be ok. Good to see the Blues rid of Malthouse. No more stagnant kicking around the boundary and holding young players back in the 2's.

Malthouse has ruined 2015 for Carlton.

Btw Essendope look like world beaters

So pumped that Shiel has re-signed for another two years! Been one of our best this year so far. That just leaves Cogs and Treloar...

So much for the mass exodus we've been hearing about from the Victorian media for the past 3 years.

Kaze Kyou

Judd is a repeat eye gouger. I don't wish injury on him but it's better he isn't on the ground again.

One thing that annoys me is that Judd will forever be seen in a greater light than Luke Hodge. At least by the media. Sure Hodgey doesn't have the super-freaky sublime skills Judd had, but the dude's influence can't be ignored.

Regardless, eye-gouger or not, Judd was still a great athlete to watch. Sad that he went down to injury.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads up for those who haven't noticed yet:

The next four rounds all start on a Thursday. Round 12 to Round 15.
Consider putting your tips in early if you're likely to forget.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday June 12th
Port Adelaide vs. Geelong @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday June 13th
Gold Coast vs. Fremantle @ Metricon Stadium
West Coast vs. Essendon @ Domain Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 14th
Collingwood vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The MCG
St Kilda vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Round 11 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic game tonight. Tough fought contest from both teams.
Didn't expect Geelong to be as close or playing as well as we are.

63-73 - Geez, we're playing well. Win or lose I'm very happy with how we've played. A lot of our young players are showing their worth.

Start of the last: Sounds like our best player for the night, Stanley, is out with a foot injury. Gonna be tough with only 2 on the bench.

Game: I didn't expect that. :D Our best performance this year I reckon.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Today's game was pretty damn entertaining (Melb/Saints). One of the better games for the year. Even the end was classic.
This tackle is fantastic too.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-06-14/viney-slams-weller-in-fierce-tackle

Will be interesting to see how Melbourne go against the Cats next week. We normally smash them but they're a way different side now and their run and carry is pretty impressive. I'm hoping we get it done for Enright's 300th.

The GWS vs Pies game was pretty close for most of the first half. Glad we ran away with it in the end. Unfortunately for GWS, they got a few injuries out of it. Not looking good for their next game.

As for the Pies, Brown, Williams, Cloke and Adams all had great games. Witts held Mummy really well and they go into the bye week 8-3. Not bad for a young team. Tough month ahead though.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursday June 18th
Adelaide vs. Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval

Friday June 19th
Richmond vs. West Coast @ The MCG

Saturday June 20th
Carlton vs. Port Adelaide @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. North Melbourne @ Spotless Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 21st
Geelong vs. Melbourne @ Simonds Stadium

Round 12 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Jesse Hogan out for the Dees. Huge out for them.

Edit: They may still win it but I don't know what I was thinking taking Richmond... I don't even rate them.

jambo

Poor Melbourne, going to be a tough second half of the year. At least it matches the first half.

Adelaide Oval sure has had a shit run recently, something like 5 out of the last 6 games have been won by interstate teams.

Still getting 40,000-50,000 each week though.

Rezbit

Fucking useless sack of cunts, we're pathetic this year compared to almost getting in a Grand Final!

What do you attribute the drop in performance to? Port played in some of the most entertaining games last year, that game against the Swans was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom