• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

7/9 for me too, but I actually tipped Richmond.

Need to at least get something out of another pathetic loss.

Great way to send off Cornesy =\

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It's pretty crazy that only 2 players have ever reached 400 games in afl/vfl history.

Yet this year we should have 2 reach it.

jambo

It's crazy with Fletcher and Boomer, both have been around for pretty much the entire time I have watched footy (early 90s onwards).

Will be weird watching Essendon without him next year, same with Boomer and the Roos.

jambo

I suppose Boomer can keep going, but Fletcher will likely turn to dust the moment the siren sounds on his 400th.

jambo

Looks like Mick no longer gives a fuck

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...o-let-him-go-now/story-fnp04d71-1227369258771

This interview, which is part of a scheduled agreement with SEN, left the Carlton board livid when he claimed “boards crack under pressure and the first thing that goes is the coach because it relieves a bit of pressure and they beat their chest because they’ve made a decision ... what do they get out of it, is it an ego trip?,” said Malthouse.

Not long now.

BunnyBear

He's spot on.

And I've got two whoppers already this season. Round 3 and 5. Got 53 overall, that puts me in the top 1000 tippers in the country apparently.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
He's spot on.

And I've got two whoppers already this season. Round 3 and 5. Got 53 overall, that puts me in the top 1000 tippers in the country apparently.

I went from 910 to 2500 from picking Adelaide against GWS... I'm now 4000 lol. Should join our comp.

P. Fembot

Banned
As a hardcore Carlton fan who was at the glorious 1995 grand final, I'm glad Mick has gone, but it's a shame that it had to come to this.

John Barker as caretaker coach is a terrible proposition.

Hopefully the team plays better now. Mick is going to go down scratching and bitching, he's a pretty vindictive guy I think.

They should sack the board now, while they're at it.

Friday night versus Sydney will be interesting.

Slobbo is saying on twitter the Staff wont be told till 3PM, so its all over twitter before the club staff know.

Even as a Collingwood fan its getting hard to see even Carlton it this much of a train-wreck they have been for the last few seasons.

jambo

Will be interesting to see what the management, board and player list looks like next year in comparison to today.

Wow that's pretty rotten.

I really really really hope the Swans sniff a massive kill here. I'll be tipping them by a hundred.

Well it just proves Carlton cant even sack someone right. Its been a rabble since lastyear when they were still convinced they were a top 8 team and the players had 100x more talent then they have.

They are doing a good Melbourne imitation

Will be interesting to see what the management, board and player list looks like next year in comparison to today.

Fox Sports News had a list with

John Barker
Brendan Bolton
Stuart Dew
Jon Worsfold
Alistair Clarkson
Ross Lyon

Guy McKenna said on FSN today he isnt going to be ready to be coaching again.

jambo

iOgL7ks.jpg

As a hardcore Carlton fan who was at the glorious 1995 grand final, I'm glad Mick has gone, but it's a shame that it had to come to this.

John Barker as caretaker coach is a terrible proposition.

Hopefully the team plays better now. Mick is going to go down scratching and bitching, he's a pretty vindictive guy I think.

They should sack the board now, while they're at it.

Friday night versus Sydney will be interesting.
My mum tells me she used to know mick and his ex-wife or current wife? It was a very long time ago but when she heard the news of his sacking today she said "good, he's a pig" lol

Kaze Kyou

Major sponsors were told at 2:45. so even they knew before the staff and players lol.

Jeebus. From salary caps to shitty hiring/sackings, the Blues board are just as bad of a basket case as Melbourne, maybe even worse. Their way of dealing with problems seems to be throwing money at something and hoping something pays off.

Mick was screwed over, but I still believe they shouldn't have hired him as coach in the first place. Ratten's style was tailor made for the players they had, just like how Buckley had to tweak a few things when first took over.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday May 29th
Sydney vs. Carlton @ The SCG

Saturday May 30th
Hawthorn vs. Gold Coast @ Aurora Stadium
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ Traeger Park
Western Bulldogs vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday May 31st
Brisbane vs. St Kilda @ The Gabba
Collingwood vs. North Melbourne @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Geelong @ Domain Stadium

Round 9 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This round will either go very well or very bad.
I'd like to try claw a few tips back on the overall site ladder leaders just for curiosities sake. I think I'm just going to sit with the tips I have and hope it's not a complete blow out.

I'm gonna go for the Cats again this week. I'm naive enough to think we can get the game on our terms and stop some of their attacking ability. I just hope we can score enough to keep the game interesting.

jambo

I've had a decent couple of weeks, only 2 tips off the leader in my office comp.

Also I'm tipping against Port again, same thinking as last week.

Rezbit

So there's been a reaction to Adam Goodes doing a dance after a goal that is paying tribute to a group of indigenous kids and his culture.

It really just reminds me that the majority of Australians are fucking stupid as shit.

Omikron

So there's been a reaction to Adam Goodes doing a dance after a goal that is paying tribute to a group of indigenous kids and his culture.

It really just reminds me that the majority of Australians are fucking stupid as shit.
Yup. The reaction is not unexpected though. Sad.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I don't feel comfortable sitting with Brisbane in this game.

18-1: Brisbane's mid is starting to get on top.

Sigh, debated for about 10 minutes with my Dad just before the game how I thought Saints would get up but couldn't find a compelling enough reason to ditch the Lions. Thought Brisbane would be able to control the midfield more at home, despite the Saints having a lot of quality in there as well, like they did early in the game.

What a round, I'm headed for 4 in tips. I'm stubbornly staying with the Cats too...

End of first: Promising signs but I'm expecting that damn wall to break eventually the way the Eagles are moving it. 24-8 tackles to Geelong. Need to try and slow the Eagles down I think, no way we can keep it up at this pace. Looking at the stats most of our possessions are coming from our backmen, not great.

Half-Time: The scoreline says it all 21 to 7 shots on goal. Only 9 points in it though, lol... Needed Guthrie (tagger off the ball) and Stokes (sub) on the ball sooner. Lang has had 1 possesion ( a mid) and Blicavs well down (5 poss).

Rezbit

Lol North Melbourne casually letting their opponents score 7 goals in a row. They really are a tipsters nightmare.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Lol North Melbourne casually letting their opponents score 7 goals in a row. They really are a tipsters nightmare.

That turnaround is insane.

Edit: What a waste if Collingwood let it slip.

West Coast are 4.17...

Edit: Grassy's happy. Only needs West Coast to get up and he's got the 9.

Great work by the Pies. Amazing comeback but the last quarter when the game was up for grabs and the rain came pouring down was fantastic. Happy fan tonight.

Grassy

Yeah I'd like to see the odds for picking all the winners this week. I was surprised I was the only one to pick the Bulldogs though. Pure luck, a lot of these games could have gone either way. I'll take another Whopper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom