• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
He stole some demolition charges and thought he could get away with it.

He's just some random chode with no important part in the story. Just another casualty on Gordon's improv kill list.

So Gordon and Michael Chiklis or whoever is back there shoot him until he blows up?! Seems a little much. Then again, everything on that show was a little much for me and that's why I stopped watching.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So Gordon and Michael Chiklis or whoever is back there shoot him until he blows up?! Seems a little much. Then again, everything on that show was a little much for me and that's why I stopped watching.

He had a gun. Tried to shoot at them. Paid the lead price.

It's a damn good show, though. S2 is delivering like few others and it's totally recommended. It's getting DEEP into the Batman mythos, too. And yeah, that's Chiklis.

It's also very, very different from AoS, so I understand if some Marvel fans are put off by it. Shit gets way intense at times.

Marvel fans are going to get a nice little injection of high quality material soon when Jessica Jones hit

AoS started this season strong and now seems to be narratively weak and meandering

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
He had a gun. Tried to shoot at them. Paid the lead price.

It's a damn good show, though. S2 is delivering like few others and it's totally recommended. It's getting DEEP into the Batman mythos, too. And yeah, that's Chiklis.

It's also very, very different from AoS, so I understand if some Marvel fans are put off by it. Shit gets way intense at times.

I tried several times last season to get into it — watched the first half-dozen episodes, caught a few random ones during spring (including the one in which Jada Pinkett-Smith puts out her own eye and steps on it, which was absolutely disgusting and unbelievable), and saw the season finale. I haven't watched season two at all. I guess my dad is keeping up with it, but my mother refuses to watch it with him because it's too much for her, too. I'm like, yeah, enjoy that, Dad.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Marvel fans are going to get a nice little injection of high quality material soon when Jessica Jones hit

AoS started this season strong and now seems to be narratively weak and meandering

Yeah, I'm super amped for JJ. I had my doubts about Ritter, but her delivery seems on point and both Tennant and Colter are amazing actors with lots of screen presence. And getting Manuel Billeter (Person of Interest's cinematographer was a real coup).

I tried several times last season to get into it — watched the first half-dozen episodes, caught a few random ones during spring (including the one in which Jada Pinkett-Smith puts out her own eye and steps on it, which was absolutely disgusting and unbelievable), and saw the season finale. I haven't watched season two at all. I guess my dad is keeping up with it, but my mother refuses to watch it with him because it's too much for her, too. I'm like, yeah, enjoy that, Dad.

S1 was a mess. I enjoyed how over the top was Jada Pinkett-Smith and her way to chomp away her lines, but it had no coherence at all and gave too much screen time to Bruce. S2 is a huge improvement.

The Hermit

Damn, Iain De Caestecker is such a good actor. Probably the only one on the show who does.

The only one who does what?

clearly not simmons

6tl9X34.gif

Deijin... HADOOKEN!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The cast of this show is too cute. I went to check Chloe's twitter and ended up going through all of their latest tweets since they keep interacting. A few recent and amusing ones:

U8qowFL.png

fvT7KpW.png

CDmQArm.png

zwcCtM0.png

aQfOWNN.png

KRweoxO.png

HxEGvtW.png

5P4dnRp.png

5NUfK4p.png

jnSuSuK.png

It does feel a bit like season one where I feel like we're just waiting for this big twist or happening, but what we are getting is still better than anything during the time the show was treading water in S1.

Edit did she just spoil a twist? :p

They just raided a literal Walmart for mercenaries, he fled and they shoot him.

The Hermit

It does feel a bit like season one where I feel like we're just waiting for this big twist or happening, but what we are getting is still better than anything during the time the show was treading water in S1.

Edit did she just spoil a twist? :p

I kinda expected that honestly. I think shes oblivious and it wasn't like she was whispering or something.

Quick

Banned
The cast of this show is too cute. I went to check Chloe's twitter and ended up going through all of their latest tweets since they keep interacting. A few recent and amusing ones:

U8qowFL.png

fvT7KpW.png

That Season 1 pic of Fitz and Ward...it's too real.

Let's admire some Season 1 Ward/Fitz.

giphy.gif

0aaa2a00-c46e-0132-9a5f-0e01949ad350.gif

Agents-of-SHIELD-s1-ep07-Fitz-and-Ward-in-a-bag.png

They not only showed how he transformed once but they showed it twice and had him explain it the second time.

Edit: your whining about changing aspects of the character's origin makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't care if it is fish oil or some magical dust. He became inhuman relatively recently which is my main issue because it closes the door on a lot of potential storylines as they relate to his backstory.

In the end that storyline got shut down pretty damn quickly and I still don't know what in the hell the point of it was other than to act as a season filler.

KarmaCow

I don't care if it is fish oil or some magical dust. He became inhuman relatively recently which is my main issue because it closes the door on a lot of potential storylines as they relate to his backstory.

In the end that storyline got shut down pretty damn quickly and I still don't know what in the hell the point of it was other than to act as a season filler.

Wait do you have a problem with Andrew being inhuman or Lash being the result of a recent transformation? Also he's not dead, so they could potentially bring him back like say if the ATCU gets raided and all the inhumans they have on lockdown get released. Or he could be like the guy trapped in the Gravitonium, never to be seen again.

Though yea, it did seem like little more than a way to justify the ATCU to Daisy and Coulson right now.

Wait do you have a problem with Andrew being inhuman or Lash being the result of a recent transformation? Also he's not dead, so they could potentially bring him back like say if the ATCU gets raided and all the inhumans they have on lockdown get released. Or he could be like the guy trapped in the Gravitonium, never to be seen again.

Both.

But at the moment I feel it is a completely wasted storyline. The only thing I could see happening is what you mentioned: Ward (which is the only aspect of the story I'm enjoying) breaking in and unleashing the dangerous inhumans.

duckroll

Ward isn't going to break in and free anyone. SHIELD will. The ATCU is probably just an extension of the true big bad which they'll be revealing mid-season, and it's going to take all of SHIELD, Inhumans, and maybe even Hydra to take them down.

"Hey Andrew, here are some books from Jiaying, an Inhuman who tried to start a war with humanity and killed countless SHIELD agents, but don't worry we scanned them for any booby traps or hidden surprises first."

"No one knows Daisy is an Inhuman except Rosalind. Oh, and every ATCU agent who saw her blow down a door with her powers."

"Oh no Lash is going to put a hole in--- *gunshot*"
"Now he's coming after the shooter and about to put a hole in--- *gunshot*"
"Instead of putting a hole in her chest, just drop her, will you?"
"Hey, remember when Lash could cut holes in walls to escape through?"

"I'm just going to put three bullets in you so you fall backwards into a containment module that appeared out of nowhere."

anaron

the booby trapped book thing really is dumb considering SHIELD sent it to him.

he should've just encountered terrigen in the water or some shit

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

plus it was a shitty booby trap - a non-inhuman wouldn't be affected by the terrigen as it wasn't mixed with diviner metal

When they showed May and Andrew on the beach, I really thought he would swim then turn.

plus it was a shitty booby trap - a non-inhuman wouldn't be affected by the terrigen as it wasn't mixed with diviner metal

I don't know if the book was covered in pure terrigen though, since they could never separate out the diviner metal. The trap would turn humans into stone, unchanged Inhumans would morph then leave a cocoon as evidence, and the already changed Inhumans were probably trusted enough.

Johndoey

Banned
Brett Dalton is a legitimately good actor they have spinning his wheels making vague threats in small rooms and commanding a crack squad of neo nazis he found on the corner of tenth and pleasant.

*please pull a Cordelia/Wesley*

Why would you want this?
Whats wrong with you?!

Top Bottom