• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Deadly

It's crazy how hyped the Secret Warrior were before the season, and now it's just this blah thing. Hopefully it all pays off through the second half of the season.
I think this pans out tonight since in the preview we see that
they transport a bunch of inhumans to the castle

Moaradin

It's clear the Secret Warriors will play a much bigger role in the second half of this season. We'll get the ball rolling this mid-season finale.

I just want ward to die

tumblr_nr6tpm6Gq91unzuogo2_r1_500.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So a prior engagement that was supposed to happen Monday night is now happening tonight, which means I probably won't get to watch Agents of SHIELD live =( Enjoy the midseason finale, though, everyone.

So like where is Agent May?

gonna die tonight while taking on Lash

my joke speculation — if it actually happens, this doesn't count as a spoiler!

Jackpot

Banned
Ward is caricatural at this point it's fucking stupid, something needs to happen to him, it's getting tiresome

He's going to get stranded on the planet with a question mark over his fate. If they want to bring him back they can do so as merged or enhanced by the creature for a more powerful big-bad or go for a shell-shocked Robinson Crusoe type of Ward.

shingi70

Banned
Where does Ward go from here, theyve sort of passed the point of no return of trying to make him a mercanry. Has to end with him taking a bullet to the brain.

Magwik

Banned
Where does Ward go from here, theyve sort of passed the point of no return of trying to make him a mercanry. Has to end with him taking a bullet to the brain.
He has to die eventually, or else we will be entering Supernatural territory of bullshit

So, I just started watching to catch up on this season, and it's not really grabbing me. :/
I just finished episode 4, I think. And I'm just here thinking "Lash looks terrible, Lincoln is super boring, most of these side plots are super boring." Do things pick up soon? I'm about to watch the episode that I think will explain what happened to Simmons after she went through the portal.

So, I just started watching to catch up on this season, and it's not really grabbing me. :/
I just finished episode 4, I think. And I'm just here thinking "Lash looks terrible, Lincoln is super boring, most of these side plots are super boring." Do things pick up soon? I'm about to watch the episode that I think will explain what happened to Simmons after she went through the portal.

Keep watching.

Famassu

Still wonder why they don't bring back Deathlok for Secret Warriors.

The heavy lifting has been done with the character and he still presumably works with Coulson.

The lack of Inhumans/enhanced people they've pulled together for their team is pretty underwhelming since they set up the premise at the end of last season and the only new character they've introduced for the team was Joey in the first episode, who has been absent almost entirely the rest of the season so far. I mean, they started it off like they were helping people who turned into Inhumans but was Joey the only one? Did the ATCU capture the rest? Did Lash/Andrew kill everyone else? I feel like I must have missed something.

Maybe after the HYDRA siege, they will free some more Inhumans or something but if this is the team... :/
Didn't the simulation Coulson got show that the fish oil stuff (& other crap spreading it as well) would spread throughout the world in a year after it started spreading? Could be that the second part of the season focuses more fully on the Secret Warrior stuff as that stuff spreads even wider & maybe they have a new threat emerge from this mid-season finale. Whatever this first part has been building up to will maybe require them to get more Inhumans together & actually have a proper team of them.

I had the same complaint earlier this season. Everything felt a bit aimless, but they do end up tying it all up quite nicely into something more cohesive that is going towards something (what that something is isn't clear yet, though, they've kept the mid-season finale more unpredictable than S2's, which was much more clearly leading to Skye's Quakefication).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm both super excited for the tonight episode and dreading the fact that it'll be the last one for a long time :/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I bet the ancient inhuman on the alien planet is Taskmaster. Every character is Taskmaster until we actually get a confirmed Taskmaster in the show.

medium.jpg

The hero we deserve

Famassu

Whatever that evil on the other planet/moon/whatever is, I'm expecting it to possess or do something similar to Ward and then Ward actually becomes the Big Bad of this season who's a real threat and not just some chump playing with guns.

Though, in a Whedonesque twist I wouldn't be surprised if it possessed Coulson or Fitz instead & Ward makes it back alive and is redeemed when he helps fight that thing (though hopefully dies in the process)...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thats why you used the worst design?

Sigh, I knew I would catch some dumb shit about that from one of you.

You really think they would use a dude with a cape and underwear on the outside in this show? I guarantee if they ever actually brought Taskmaster into the show, his design would be a hell of a lot closer to the Udon look than anything with a cape and robin hood boots.

Whatever that evil on the other planet/moon/whatever is, I'm expecting it to possess or do something similar to Ward and then Ward actually becomes the Big Bad of this season who's a real threat and not just some chump playing with guns.

Though, in a Whedonesque twist I wouldn't be surprised if it possessed Coulson or Fitz instead & Ward makes it back alive and is redeemed when he helps fight that thing (though hopefully dies in the process)...

There is no redemption for Ward. He's cold-blood murdered too many characters that the good guys care about. Even if he dies heroically it will be more "eh, at least that scumbag did something worthwhile" than an actual redemption.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You really think they would use a dude with a cape and underwear on the outside in this show? I guarantee if they ever actually brought Taskmaster into the show, his design would be a hell of a lot closer to the Udon look than anything with a cape and robin hood boots.
Geez, it's not like anyone is expected his classic look.

Yeah, it'd probably be more inspired by tactical gear like every other design on the show.

Doesn't invalidate that the Udon design sucks.

Famassu

Sigh, I knew I would catch some dumb shit about that from one of you.

There is no redemption for Ward. He's cold-blood murdered too many characters that the good guys care about. Even if he dies heroically it will be more "eh, at least that scumbag did something worthwhile" than an actual redemption.
Yeah, redeemed was maybe the wrong word, but as you said at least he'll have done something good by the end.

Anoregon

I'd make that face too if I was trying to keep from exploding in my pants while simultaneously being hugged by the two babes of the show.

He's clearly just trying to not to fart.

Top Bottom