• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

anaron

LMAO

Congratulations, you all fucking won. I hope you enjoy it because I can't stop crying.

I knew they hated Ward and Ward fans before but holy shit, they took it to a level I was unprepared for.

Brett's going to knock it out of the fucking park but God, I was so excited and then this.

Everything I loved about this show is dead and gone. I miss season one. And they literally never fucking explained Skye's name change on screen so there's that. We just got told why she changed it in interviews and everything.
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/99337831.html#ixzz3tnGWVERU

seeeeeethe

The only thing in relation to 9 that I can think of connecting to Marvel is the Nine Realms of the Asgardian sub-lore. Wouldn't it be cute if Maveth is Niflheim or something.

Anyway, most obvious ending ever.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It's funny how it brought back Coulson's hand with him :lol

"You used this to crush my chest. Now I'll return the favor."

why the fuck is livejournal still a thing

And that person is an idiot. It was well established on the show that Skye's parents named her Daisy at birth. It shouldn't have to be spelled out that she wants to take that name on because she reconnected with her father and saved him.

So this 9 cities thing is really perplexing me. 9 is the number of Uranus which we all know is the home to the Kree outpost that the Eternal Uranos and his followers stumble upon when they are exiled from Earth...I'm still leaning towards "it's not really something from the comics exactly," though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So this 9 cities thing is really perplexing me. 9 is the number of Uranus which we all know is the home to the Kree outpost that the Eternal Uranos and his followers stumble upon when they are exiled from Earth...I'm still leaning towards "it's not really something from the comics exactly," though.

still waiting on Slayven, who said he's on it, and I trust in him to come through

Man, they couldn't even commit to getting rid of the worst character in the show.

the character's gone. the actor's not.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Man, I thought that was a great mid-season finale.

I thought it was great that they killed Ward because the fucker deserved it but still keep Brett Dalton on the show in zombie form.

Man, they couldn't even commit to getting rid of the worst character in the show.

Do you mean Ward? They got rid of that character. He died. The actor is playing another role now.

Pics_nao

Just caught the second half.

How the hell did he get off the planet? There literally isn't an explanation other than 1 minute marvel time = 5 minutes Namekian planet destruction time.

kirblar

This season has been really weird. Lots of set up, little payoff, playing into the base (Fitzsimmons) instead of going w/ what they had set up.

anaron

I hate that Gemma essentially killed all those inhumans. the show better recognize that

and if this ep just paved way for more FitzSimmons grossness, yuck.

Nobility

Banned
Are you serious with this Ward turnaround lol.

Not the best ending but I'm loving this season so far.

Can't wait for it to come back.

Well Fitz did tell him Hydra's plan.

I doubt just anyone could track him down. Not only that but know in advance where he was going so Deathward could stage a dramatic entrance.

But I guess well find out whats going on eventally. Half dead Ward is still 50% less Ward.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
then why are you watching?
Sunk cost fallacy for me personally. Also I like to complain to duckroll, although he's too busy playing Trails or something nowadays.

I also have to be peripherally invested in this other Marvel stuff because it's the only way that more Jessica Jones will happen.

anaron

Sunk cost fallacy for me personally. Also I like to complain to duckroll, although he's too busy playing Trails or something nowadays.

I also have to be peripherally invested in this other Marvel stuff because it's the only way that more Jessica Jones will happen.
Uh, what? there's absolutely no stakes over more JJ happening, especially due to this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Uh, what? there's absolutely no stakes over more JJ happening, especially due to this show.
I'm sure Marvel wanting to do more peripheral Marvel stuff is contingent, at least in part, on the continued success of all the moving parts of the various franchises. Given this show is basically their flagship TV product, if it actually dies I assume it's effects would have some consequences for Agent Carter and the various Netflix shows.

Heck, I assume that Mockingbird spinoff is tied to the numbers for this show. Assuming it's still a thing.

why the fuck is livejournal still a thing

And that person is an idiot. It was well established on the show that Skye's parents named her Daisy at birth. It shouldn't have to be spelled out that she wants to take that name on because she reconnected with her father and saved him.

That whole post made me flashback to the countless Lost threads after finale happened. You knew who just watched the episode and who actually watched the show.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How the hell did he get off the planet? There literally isn't an explanation other than 1 minute marvel time = 5 minutes Namekian planet destruction time.

Fitz and Coulson got out of the portal, got in their little rocket room with Mack and Daisy, and shot up out of the castle while it got bombarded by missiles. We saw the evil Inhuman thing slither out of Will before Coulson started moving towards the portal at all, it's not unreasonable to assume it reached Ward's body shortly after Coulson/Fitz reached the portal, if not even beforehand. So we have however much time was between Coulson/Fitz coming out of the portal and the 60 seconds or whatever the portal was gonna remain open, let's say it was what, 30 seconds, 20, maybe even 10. All evil Ward has to do is grab Coulson's hand, stand up, and sprint for the portal. He pops through right before the Hydra castle gets lit up, maybe even during it. Gets smushed by the rubble, but we've seen this thing shrug off bullets, I'm sure it could crawl out from the rocks.

Feels pretty alright to me.

I am an insane person for this, but until the ACTOR BRETT DALTON DIES, I will hold out hope for revival/redemption of Ward. Never has something been so unlikely, but FUCK IT!

Zomba13

We'll get Taskwarder/Wardmaster next season. This season will end with the thing being killed or pulled from Ward and Ward will somehow still be alive but without his memories but residual powers from the thing that let him copy abilities he sees.

anaron

I'm sure Marvel wanting to do more peripheral Marvel stuff is contingent, at least in part, on the continued success of all the moving parts of the various franchises. Given this show is basically their flagship TV product, if it actually dies I assume it's effects would have some consequences for Agent Carter and the various Netflix shows.

Heck, I assume that Mockingbird spinoff is tied to the numbers for this show. Assuming it's still a thing.

there's absolutely no bearing on the netflix shows whatsoever. They're on an entirely different format, critically acclaimed and easily the most popular Marvel TV with fans.

Fitz and Coulson got out of the portal, got in their little rocket room with Mack and Daisy, and shot up out of the castle while it got bombarded by missiles. We saw the evil Inhuman thing slither out of Will before Coulson started moving towards the portal at all, it's not unreasonable to assume it reached Ward's body shortly after Coulson/Fitz reached the portal, if not even beforehand. So we have however much time was between Coulson/Fitz coming out of the portal and the 60 seconds or whatever the portal was gonna remain open, let's say it was what, 30 seconds, 20, maybe even 10. All evil Ward has to do is grab Coulson's hand, stand up, and sprint for the portal. He pops through right before the Hydra castle gets lit up, maybe even during it. Gets smushed by the rubble, but we've seen this thing shrug off bullets, I'm sure it could crawl out from the rocks.

Feels pretty alright to me.

The timeline for all that was Doctor Who terrible:

- On Earth, the portal opens and the one minute countdown begins
- On wherever, the portal opens while Fitz fights Hydra and Coulson fights Ward
- At least a minute later, Fitz tells Coulson the portal is closing
- Then Coulson says goodbye to Ward
- Then Coulson kills Ward
- Then the two of them take their time walking to the portal
- On Earth, Daisy passes out, so clearly, she didn't extend the portal past the one minute timer

But I just watch TV to be entertained. Sci-Fi on TV died with Fringe/SG Atlantis, so I never take anything any show does seriously. =)

Doctor Who terrible

image.php

I'm starting to think that they originally had much more ambitious plans for the Secret Warriors storyline, but that the budget for S3 was cut drastically before or shortly after production started. It would explain a lot, including Jeff Bell's latest comments.

Would also explain why Deathlok who we know has been recruited by Coulson didn't show up.

TheOddOne

- A|V Club: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s fall finale brings all of its various season developments to a head.
- Vulture: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: The Other Side.
- Vox: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s winter finale: a disappointing end to a good half-season.
- Sepinwall: Review: 'Agents of SHIELD' - 'Maveth': Coulson, Ward, and the blue, blue planet.
- CB: EXCLUSIVE: Agents of SHIELD EP Jeff Bell On Grant Ward's Shocking Moment.
When did you break it to Brett what was going to happen to him in this episode? What was his reaction?

Bell: Well, it's a little like when we had to go tell him that he was Hydra. We didn't tell him that he was Hydra from the get go. As good a actor as Brett is, he's not a super spy who could never have a tell. It wasn't until we got closer to it that we started to let him know. That's a hard thing. You go, 'Does that mean I'm dead? Does that mean my character is gone? Does that mean I'm going away? Am I unemployed?' Really, for actors, this is their livelihood. When you're Hydra, the first thought is, 'I'm dead. This sucks. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.' We said, 'Look, you're not dying. You're not going anywhere, but you are this person.'

The other thing that it really affected, was it affected the family dynamic of the cast. Our cast really likes each other. They hang out together all the time, and suddenly he was an antagonist to those people onscreen, and that's not as fun as being on the same team as ... you know? When we went to him this time, it wasn't just like, 'Oh, you're Hydra,' it's like, 'Grant you're just getting killed, but you're not leaving.'

As you've seen at the end of 10, something else is happening. It's always scary, but as an actor he's really risen to all these challenges, and I really look forward to whatever's going to happen, seeing what he does with that.

Top Bottom