• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Seriously surprised by this thread with so many people saying they've always disliked Ward when he has been awesome whenever he was on screen this season. I can agree that making him a zombie is potentially dragging his character but I'm also looking forward to the hilarious "I thought I killed you!" Reaction from Coulson.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm still in denial about how I categorize Doctor Who. There's a whole community of us in that state. What you all talk about in this thread pales in comparison to that one 😄

I don't even like going in that thread anymore. Between the people that will bitch about literally anything and the people who will defend literally anything, it's just not a fun place to hang out. That's not even getting into the people who only half pay attention while playing with their phone and come in the thread talking about how the show didn't explain things that it explained.

Quick

Banned
WARD. GODDAMN. WARD.

Will being the creature was expected, but shiiiiit, dat reveal still.

Coulson fucking did killed Ward, but the show will never get rid of him. I'm okay with this. But now that he's Hydra's #1 thug with (presumably) powers, shit is realer.

That was like a walk through the dark side for Fitz, man. Jumped in the hole in the ground to find Will, sees the double bed he made with Simmons, spent hours with him to talk about Simmons, then got to shoot the shit out of him in the end. Only thing left that would've taken him over the edge is if he found a used condom near the bed or something. Fitz would've just let the creature take him.

jb1234

Kinda disappointing. It was a watchable episode but everything that happened felt very understated and for the most part, predictable. Best part was McCreary's cue underscoring the final montage.

Well damn. I guess what happens in otherworld STAYS in otherworld.
Nope, no secrets between Coulson and Fitz. None at all.
Fun ep.

Seriously, though...Ward isn't dead. Ooze out of 'dead' ancient alien God? Dead charismatic main character leaving an empty shell?

...BAH, just as I was typing this we're back from commercial break confirming everything i just typed. Too slow.

Skyrim

Banned
Nice to see things coming together

I like Mac as a boss

Mae throwing that knife and penetrating that Kevlar vest. She must be an Inhuman

that felt like a movie ending. Really good execution..

I just wished they tease what the alien can do

XAL

They totally got cold feet on bi Fitz - this is not a "last minute budget cut" - its them doing a season that's 10 eps of setup.

lina-vi1.gif
More delusional a romance than Skyeward.

anaron

also that Rosalind dream sequence was so dumb and totally unearned considering their relationship.

though I did love Zimmer's "GET UP"

TheOddOne

- THR: 'Agents of SHIELD' EP Explains What's Next After That Shocking Midseason Finale Death.
Last season, the show changed drastically from the fall finale to the spring premiere with the introduction of the Inhuman mythology. Will this season follow that same structure?

Not completely. Obviously something big happened at the end, so what does that mean? But in general, 22 is a lot of episodes to serialize. So as we did last year, we tried to bring up a lot of interesting threads and tie a whole bunch of them but not all of them off by the midseason. And then we launch something exciting for the back half. That's certainly our intent again, the promise of more to come.
By the end of the episode, Ward is dead by Coulson's hand, but the mysterious, dangerous Inhuman took over his body and made it through the portal. What does this mean for the character of Ward going forward? Are we going to see Brett Dalton play a completely new character?

I don't know how much I can say, but if whatever was there had been "Will" for the whole episode, and Will seemed to recognize Fitz and have memories and know things about Simmons, I think there are some clues in episode 10 to that. I'm not going to say how personal or how much. The beauty of having Brett Dalton and the body of Grant Ward around, A. it's easy on the eye, and B. there's personal relationships between him and everyone else on the show. Coulson believes he left that person dead on another planet as does Fitz. Should they happen to run into each other in the back half, I think it will be fairly explosive and interesting.
More at link.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
See, they're not going to get rid of Dalton because they care about him as a person and don't want to make him lose his job if they can help it. Real-life considerations affect TV shows.
It helps that he is quite popular as well... They know getting rid of him would piss of some Day 1 fans as well. Like with any of the original main cast.
also that Rosalind dream sequence was so dumb and totally unearned considering their relationship.

Yeah the scene was stupid.

Quick

Banned

Yeah, this wasn't earned.

It should've been Cap laying beside him with his card collection in mint condition.

Kalentan

Theory Time!

The Inhuman was banished to the alien world and in there, it attempted to use the inhabitants or make peace or something (odds are to get him into leadership), and most likely try and get back to Earth to get his revenge. However despite it's attempts, all he did lead to the destruction of life on the planet. Yet it was clear Hydra, knew that it needed to use bodies to go from one host to the next. So they kept sending sacrifices in hopes of keeping it alive. It's possible that when Simmons arrived, this was at a point where the creature was in a weakened state and thus could not travel far from the "no-fly" zone. Thus when they had to wander through there (Simmons and Will), since Will was well within his grasp, the Inhuman managed to finally take over Will. It's also possible that the Inhuman took over the bodies of those who came with Will (hence why they went insane as he said), but it never managed to actually take Will over and thus had to retreat to an older body.

I think this makes sense.

Accidentally got a spoiler when I googled shield to find the Wikipedia page and some douche bag put the reveal in the headline of his review article and it was the first Google result.

Still haven't watched the episode since its not on the ABC app yet (anyone else use this thing know what time it shows up?)

But given that I've already been spoiled, my reaction is: Fuck you ward, and good riddance. Please be dead for real

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Episode wasn't great, but I like the new status quo, and hope to see more of it as the plot develops. (These last few episodes haven't been that great, but they're not early Season 1 levels of not great.)

What a shit show. So shield agents infiltrated the whole compound without being noticed, saved all shield agents, and got out. There is no tension whatsoever, not one that i felt anyway. Good guys come in, bad guys lose.

Quick

Banned
Accidentally got a spoiler when I googled shield to find the Wikipedia page and some douche bag put the reveal in the headline of his review article and it was the first Google result.

Still haven't watched the episode since its not on the ABC app yet (anyone else use this thing know what time it shows up?)

But given that I've already been spoiled, my reaction is: Fuck you ward, and good riddance. Please be dead for real

3j7q7i.gif

Quick

Banned
I doubt Ward is going to be any different in terms of personality. Probably just more unhinged now with the creature in him.

Cuburt

Is being killed and then having his dead corpse possessed by an alien enough for people to finally let go of a Ward redemption?

Khezu

Is being killed and then having his dead corpse possessed by an alien enough for people to finally let go of a Ward redemption?

Ward doesn't need redemption, everyone else needs to redeem themselves in his eyes, and maybe then he will let them all back on teamward.

Cuburt

As long as his body is moving he can be redeemed.

Evil Cyborg Ward in Season 10 will only have half a hand left from the original Ward. It will press his own self-destruct button in a moment of self sacrifice as the only working digit on his hand gives Coulson the thumbs up right before he explodes.

#Redemption

Quick

Banned

Plot twist: Ward is working for the real SHIELD. We're witnessing everything from Coulson's deranged point of view, where he believes he's still an Agent of SHIELD and Ward is Hydra. Ward's trying to stop Coulson, at great personal expense.

Shahadan

I'm torn because I found it pretty boring, but at the same time it was mostly because it played exactly like I expected it to. The hints and foreshadowing were there for a few episodes.

So boring for the right reasons I guess. Got to say Coulson murdering ward like that was cool though.

When Zombie-Ward finally dies we'll discover Ward uploaded his brain to a computer, when the computer is finally destroyed we'll find out it copied itself into a robot-Ward, when this is destroyed we find out Ward cloned himself before the portal, and the clone is finally ready.

Ward went out like a punk.

When Zombie-Ward finally dies we'll discover Ward uploaded his brain to a computer, when the computer is finally destroyed we'll find out it copied itself into a robot-Ward, when this is destroyed we find out Ward cloned himself before the portal, and the clone is finally ready.

Guy put up a good fight against Son of Coul after getting shot twice, not bad imo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Twist. Ward also went on vacation to Tahiti.

Episode was pretty lame honestly, kinda just went through the motions. Mockingbird was badass as usual and Lincoln was nothing as usual.

They could've backed out of Lincoln x Daisy but instead they went all in for no apparent reason. I'm still not buying this fake ass relationship so please get it out of my face.

Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.

jb1234

Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.

They have zero chemistry together. And the show has barely bothered to set up their relationship so on the rare occasion a romantic scene is shown, it feels random and unearned.

(It doesn't help that Lincoln has basically no personality. Really, this is a great deal for Luke Mitchell, who gets the money of a series regular but barely has to work for it.)

They have zero chemistry together. And the show has barely bothered to set up their relationship so on the rare occasion a romantic scene is shown, it feels random and unearned.

(It doesn't help that Lincoln has basically no personality. Really, this is a great deal for Luke Mitchell, who gets the money of a series regular but barely has to work for it.)

Basically this, they talk like they barely know each other and then you suddenly see them making out, it's just jarring. Rosalind x Coulsen was much more believable and didn't come off as so forced.

You could literally just cut out the 2 kissing scenes and nobody would know that these 2 even like each other, that's a sign of how horribly forced all of it is.

Top Bottom