• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Good guy Fitz making all the good guy moves and still getting to shoot Will a bunch and then fire a flare into him...that's some pathos right there.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.

At the end of the day it is a Whedon show, soon as someone gets too happy BAM they are dead, or at least someone close to them. It won't last.

Magwik

Banned
Why do people hate Lincoln/Daisy? ...I mean..maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem ridiculous. Girl finds acceptance and compassion in a big way from a guy who also happens to be nice...returns favor and now they both have mutual gratitude. Throw in the weirdness of everything and it probably feels like the only person who could understand them is the other person.
Because Lincoln has the personality and charisma of a potato

strafer

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

so now the wait for march begins...lol

I like Lincoln. I'd rather him than Fitz, Simmons, Mack, May, and Hunter. If they keep him around to be a forgettable relationship with Quake, I'm fine with that.

I don't like almost all of the main cast, whoops. Well, I really loved the May backstory episode from Season 2. But yeah, I'd be down for another show reset or just an emphasis on Secret Warriors and significantly less spy shenanigans.

So I tuned in to watch what i thought was Agents of Shield but ended up being another Stargate Spinoff.

I made this joke while it was airing.

I think it's just the four man team in those outfits on a random planet using what is essentially a Stargate. Brought back good memories.

Yeah, and I will second that Fitz getting to shoot up Will was oddly satisfying. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Moondrop

Banned
This remains the most enjoyable show on TV for me, warts and all.

Two interesting monologues from this episode to revisit:
- Ward's true believer speech to Coulson. Seems like a perverse religious conversion metaphor: Ward joined the religion for the wrong reasons, but now that he has seen evidence of god, he is at peace (and prepared for death).
- It's history of Tatooine to Fitz. From what I recall suggested that It is not a brainless killer, but rather has some vision for society with which It's subjects refused to comply. Which would indeed make It the true god of Hydra and an infinitely more compelling villain than what had been previously revealed.

Phil/Rosalind forever.

wildfire

Banned
When Zombie-Ward finally dies we'll discover Ward uploaded his brain to a computer, when the computer is finally destroyed we'll find out it copied itself into a robot-Ward, when this is destroyed we find out Ward cloned himself before the portal, and the clone is finally ready.

So Two weeks of Ultron is rebooted as Two Seasons of Ultron?

duckroll

It was relatively enjoyable as a mid-season finale, but overall I think it really highlighted how weak this first half of the season is compared to season 2. There were some really interesting bits like the city ruins and the Secret Warriors teaming up against the dumbfuck Inhuman, but also filled with stupid shit like Simmons freeing Lash, all the cheesy slow-mo stuff with the overdramatic music, and Ward just chilling like a bro after getting shot point blank in the chest. I'm just glad this whole arc is over and done with. Hopefully Lord Zombie Master Ward is a more interesting direction in the second half of the season next year. :p

So erm.... is it even an Inhuman if it's an alien parasite worm thing? Lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They totally got cold feet on bi Fitz - this is not a "last minute budget cut" - its them doing a season that's 10 eps of setup.

they didn't get "cold feet" on bi fitz because it was never a thing. That was absolutely people seeing what they wanted to see.

Johndoey

Banned
It was relatively enjoyable as a mid-season finale, but overall I think it really highlighted how weak this first half of the season is compared to season 2. There were some really interesting bits like the city ruins and the Secret Warriors teaming up against the dumbfuck Inhuman, but also filled with stupid shit like Simmons freeing Lash, all the cheesy slow-mo stuff with the overdramatic music, and Ward just chilling like a bro after getting shot point blank in the chest. I'm just glad this whole arc is over and done with. Hopefully Lord Zombie Master Ward is a more interesting direction in the second half of the season next year. :p

Inhumans come it many varied forms. Might not be Inhuman tho.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Just another step to becoming Wardmaster

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, in the aftermath of Lash's obvious choice of Killing Pod People, they fixated on a panel with 2 names for a few seconds. Can't remember the names, but were either of them important? Any recent inhuman characters?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I was really disappointed that Lash killed all the Inhumans. I thought that they would be recruited into the Secret Warriors, but all we have is Daisy, human Pikachu and metalbending guy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hey, in the aftermath of Lash's obvious choice of Killing Pod People, they fixated on a panel with 2 names for a few seconds. Can't remember the names, but were either of them important? Any recent inhuman characters?

i noticed that too, Ramirez and Gray....

Quick

Banned
Because Lincoln has the personality and charisma of a potato

marvel-the-potato.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
iycPmbh.png

The names that showed up on the containment boxes were B. Robinson, T. Nguyen, E. Flores, G. Richardson, V. Ramirez and R. Gray. None of them have to do with existing characters from the comics, so they're probably just references to people who work on the show or acquaintances.

Anyone screenshot that weird Hydra structure on the planet?
yFxWVM7.png

Said it before, but I maintain that the first ten episodes of S2 are still the best run the show has had to date. Good pacing, no obvious dud storylines, decent action, a clearly defined overarching threat and MacGuffin to unify the various subplots and maintain focus, a very cool payoff (that I was totally wrong about)...

Still, at least this episode clearly establishes who the primary antagonist for the back 12 will be, which puts it ahead of too much of the series to date.

they didn't get "cold feet" on bi fitz because it was never a thing. That was absolutely people seeing what they wanted to see.

I would have been all for it, but I have to agree with this.

Now, in Mack's case, I would be more disappointed given that flashback this season. Granted, less so now that there's actually a canon gay character.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What a shit show. So shield agents infiltrated the whole compound without being noticed, saved all shield agents, and got out. There is no tension whatsoever, not one that i felt anyway. Good guys come in, bad guys lose.

the secret warriors are just that good, brah :jnc

[edit]
First day of 1 AW(After Ward)

hey

Where's our leet research? What are the nine civilizations referring to?

Kyari

I feel like I'm the only person that was ready to see Ward go by the end of the first season betrayal, this midseason finale is just ... ugh. Predictable and awful.

dorikyasu

So what was the real power of this mysterious Inhuman other than ability to take over the host's body? Control the weather occasionally? If it's so powerful as HYDRA/Mallick believed it to be, how come Fitz was able to take it down with a few shots & flare?

Also, I don't like the direction they took Coulson's character in this season. Fitz's disappointed look towards Coulson in this episode is exactly how I feel as well.

My main question here: why didn't Coulson just shoot to kill Ward on sight? It's not like he was at all helpful in finding Fitz, and it was established at the beginning of the season they weren't at all interested in taking him alive. He was basically kept alive until that point because the plot demanded it.

Luigi87

My main question here: why didn't Coulson just shoot to kill Ward on sight? It's not like he was at all helpful in finding Fitz, and it was established at the beginning of the season they weren't at all interested in taking him alive. He was basically kept alive until that point because the plot demanded it.

My only belief is that Ward at least gave him a heading toward the portal's direction, where as Coulson would have been completely lost without it. Coulson probably believed he had to keep Ward alive at that point to ensure he didn't give him false information, and Ward probably believed that Coulson wouldn't actually kill him, 'cause Ward was kind of crazy at this point.

It's weak, but that's how I saw it.

Slayven

the secret warriors are just that good, brah :jnc

[edit]

hey

Where's our leet research? What are the nine civilizations referring to?

With out seeing the species can't think of anything off hand. If he said it was 9 different civilization that is a lot of ground to cover. Marvel has hundreds of alien speices.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't know how I feel about Ward's demise.

On one hand, I loved how out of fucks he was during this season.

On the other, we are now facing the connondrum of having him replaced by a boring killing machine or one with Ward's old personality, which would make his death... kind of pointless, really.

At least Hunter is still alive. Hang in there, bro.

strafer

I just sent a DM to Brett on Twitter explaining my disappointment with this winter finale.

I had hoped they went another direction.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I'd rather fuck the horse than whatever is on the far left.

I'm inclined to say it's not an inhuman but the corpse it occupied when banished was an inhuman corpse. Furthermore, I'd imagine it probably has the ability to keep traits of its previous hosts. Thus, with inhumans around, it just becomes a constantly evolving being that can potentially be catastrophic. That also means it would be very bad for the shield team if it got ahold of Lash's corpse. As Lash's power set is very good for mauling down inhumans thus giving nice fodder for its evolution.

Top Bottom