• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

How could there be still religion in a post-Avengers world? Like the whole aliens attacking NYC through a wormhole would put the Catholic Church outta business unless they spin it as some judgement day.

Luigi87

This translating is so... authentic?

caB81nf.png

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How could there be still religion in a post-Avengers world? Like the whole aliens attacking NYC through a wormhole would put the Catholic Church outta business unless they spin it as some judgement day.
Duh.
Isn't modern religion trending away from creationism? I could bet MCU has religion that's adapted to aliens.

And omfg. YoYo Daisy super combo. Did he just melt his glasses?! Omg. This crew. Too much for me.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

No? It's not Catholic dogma that aliens don't exist.

Pilgrimzero

Duh.
Isn't modern religion trending away from creationism? I could bet MCU has religion that's adapted to aliens.

And omfg. YoYo Daisy super combo. Did he just melt his glasses?! Omg. This crew. Too much for me.

The Catholic Church actually is cool with evolution. And could probably fit aliens into everything just fine. God made a lot of stuff in different ways.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Nothing in the Bible says there ain't aliens, bro.

Don't know why people think aliens showing up obviously invalidates religions. I'd think most of them are more silent on the subject than anything else.

Johndoey

Banned
What are you talking about? Christianity isn't disappearing based on aliens and nothing precludes the existence of aliens.

ascii42

The Catholic Church actually is cool with evolution. And could probably fit aliens into everything just fine. God made a lot of stuff in different ways.
And it wouldn't be surprising if at some point in human history God just said "fuck it I'm trying a different planet"

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Nothing in the Bible says there ain't aliens, bro.

Don't know why people think aliens showing up obviously invalidates religions. I'd think most of them are more silent on the subject than anything else.

"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

shingi70

Banned
This episode just makes me Most Wanted wasn't a thing, and the spin off was about a person who gets powers and like YoYo and Matt use them to try and change their surroundings.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Actually the biggest theological question for the Catholic Church would be whether or not salvation as we know it applies to extraterrestrials, or if Christ's work on the Cross was specific to man as a species.

Alright guess I'd clarify. If you're in that world where in the last 8 years you've had Alien invasions, powered people show up, other worlds where these religions would have no truth like Asgard (Actually maybe people would believe in Norse mythology a lot more now) then would modern religions not lose a bunch of believers/followers?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Nooooooooo. Cut the Teen Titans West bullshit and write her into the show.

Alright guess I'd clarify. If you're in that world where in the last 8 years you've had Alien invasions, powered people show up, other worlds where these religions would have no truth like Asgard (Actually maybe people would believe in Norse mythology a lot more now) then would modern religions not lose a bunch of believers/followers?

No

Johndoey

Banned
Fitzsimmons still lives.

Sure some people would turn away from religion but others would then towards religion it all balances out.

Top Bottom