• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'll never understand where does sheild get their funding? Who pays for their salaries and what's the operational budget. Since the president is ok with sheild are they paid by military funding?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Make S.H.I.E.L.D. Great Again

Coulson is terrible. He's a lightweight. We're losing to Hydra. We're losing to Lash. When I'm Director of SHIELD, we're going to win. We're going to win so much, we won't need the Avengers.

I get along great with Inhumans, but the bad ones got to go. We're going to have a wall. Boltagon is paying for it.

Coulson is terrible. He's a lightweight. We're losing to Hydra. We're losing to Lash. When I'm Director of SHIELD, we're going to win. We're going to win so much, we won't need the Avengers.

I get along great with Inhumans, but the bad ones got to go. We're going to have a wall. Boltagon is paying for it.

Malick has tiny hands.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Stray thoughts and observations in no particular order.
  • That was Yo-Yo in the ship (Quinjet?), no? That was her cross.
  • Love the slow-mo effect on Slingshot.
  • Lincoln/Daisy continue to be the most forced couple.
  • Hah, flesh hand for Coulson; that's convenient to the props department.
  • "You two deserve each other" and a spin-off show, apparently.
  • Goddamn it, Fitz-Simmons is being awkward again.
  • What was Hive even doing there at the end?
  • Yay, more Talbot!
  • Why is Mack flirting with Yo-Yo? What is this?
  • Also, no qualms about basically torturing a comatose person, Lincoln? Where's your Hippocratic oath?
  • "Fox News won't shut up." Accurate.

LaNaranja

Fantastic episode. Although what the fuck? They are seriously writing out the two hispanic characters but keeping Lincoln? :(

If nothing else this episode showed me that they don't need Bobbi and Hunter. Joey and Yo-Yo would be great replacements.

I'll never understand where does sheild get their funding? Who pays for their salaries and what's the operational budget. Since the president is ok with sheild are they paid by military funding?

Maria Hill was embezzling money from Stark during season 2. Now it is government funded on the down low.

lol, just the beginning of that conversation you knew immediately they were talking about Talbot

Yeah LOL, that was hilarious. It was like the President was trolling with some of his lines during that conversation too lol. Talbot taking orders from Coulson should be really fun lol.

strafer

So cute.

z7grAJo.gif

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Decent episode I guess. Honestly I'm mostly just watching for Ward/Hive at this point. The other story lines are pretty boring and these budget X-men aren't doing it for me.

Yeah I liked the episode but it felt pretty damn anticlimactic for Daisy to just send off two of the members like that. She was even willing to let Lincoln go do his thing. What happened to building a new team?

I hate when things start from the ending. It's pretty obvious that low budget Quicksilver is not the one in
space

Meh episode.

Yeah I liked the episode but it felt pretty damn anticlimactic for Daisy to just send off two of the members like that. She was even willing to let Lincoln go do his thing. What happened to building a new team?

I don't think they are disbanding the team. Daisy just realized it's important that these people have a normal life as well. They don't need to be locked away in some facility all the time once they are deemed safe and have control over their abilities.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't think they are disbanding the team. Daisy just realized it's important that these people have a normal life as well. They don't need to be locked away in some facility all the time once they are deemed safe and have control over their abilities.

Also, after Lash made a buffet out of all the Inhumans in the mid-season finale, maybe it gave her doubt of all of them being together.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent enough episode.

Excited to see Ward evolve from this Hive form into Ultimate Taskmaster Hive.

Khaz

I hate when things start from the ending. It's pretty obvious that low budget Quicksilver is not the one in
space

What's pretty obvious is that they want us to think it's Helena, with how it prominently featured the cross. If they wanted a mysterious flashforward "someone is dying at the end of the season and it was hidden in plain sight" then it's terribly done.

I'm guessing she got in a fight and her cross is ripped off. The female shoulder belongs to a yet unknown Hydra agent who infiltrated Shield.

Dunlop

Reading that description for Hive, it seems rather underwhelming for a being (parasite?) that Hydra has been trying to free for a thousand years.

It an I missing something?

Reading that description for Hive, it seems rather underwhelming for a being (parasite?) that Hydra has been trying to free for a thousand years.

It an I missing something?

If the ability to enslave a bunch of powered people to your will in a quest for world domination doesn't bother you, I don't know what would.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Season opener was weak. Especially after such a strong Agent Carter season.
I too do not like starting off the season with what will likely be the ending shot.

If the opening shot really is YoYo it is a pretty good visual of how much her powers will grow over the course of the rest of the season. Also, if in three months her powers allow her to YoYo all the way to space, then I am would not be surprised if everyone else's powers will be supercharged in some way by the end of the season.

Pachimari

Just watched the episode and I really liked it. One of the best episodes of this season, and the effects this time were really good. I hope to see more of Yo-Yo.

What about that woman who could multiply herself? Isn't she coming back?

Just watched the episode and I really liked it. One of the best episodes of this season, and the effects this time were really good. I hope to see more of Yo-Yo.

What about that woman who could multiply herself? Isn't she coming back?

She was in one of the promo trailers recently so yeah shell probably be back

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Didn't know this restarted already, only watched 2 episodes of agent carter and then forgot it existed
Was S2 of carter any good ?

It's pretty good for its first half, then becomes great in its second half until the last episode, which was only OK.

I hate when things start from the ending..

It's some Battlestar Galactica shit, which was cool, like, the first time they used it on that show, then it just became a trope they leaned on when they had an episode that was going to be boring for its first 55 minutes.

It did seem to be an awkward usage on SHIELD if nothing else.

Apoc29

"We're running out of budget for special effects for Coulson's hand so we're gonna let the actor use his real hand but make it glow sometimes to acknowledge that it's not real in the show."

Oldest trick in the book.

Volimar

"We're running out of budget for special effects for Coulson's hand so we're gonna let the actor use his real hand but make it glow sometimes to acknowledge that it's not real in the show."

Yep. I'm not even mad though because it's hard enough for Coulson to blend in with all his swag that an obviously fake hand would stand out too much.

I mean, before that they were using a black leather glove. That trick goes back to Return of the Jedi.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally had a chance to watch the episode. I thought it started off a bit slow but the team up rescue was fantastic. I loved the look on Yo-yo's face when she was snatching weapons from the police, hilarious.

Also loved Hydra's on-hold music.

Top Bottom