• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Caught up.

Other than Gorgon, that was a mediocre episode (yet another) and a lame way to continue the season. Everything involving Slingshot was pathetic (the awful sets, the religious angle, her troperific story) and Zombie Ward's ribcage made me chuckle IRL. Also, the president looks like a chump. I'm honestly shocked by the rift between AoS's good episode (which are REALLY good) and the rest of them.

They better not be dragging this shit again so the plot forcefully glues with Civil War's premiere.

wildfire

Banned
Coulson is terrible. He's a lightweight. We're losing to Hydra. We're losing to Lash. When I'm Director of SHIELD, we're going to win. We're going to win so much, we won't need the Avengers.

I get along great with Inhumans, but the bad ones got to go. We're going to have a wall. Boltagon is paying for it.

Certain GAFFers have been on fire with their word play. I have to start assuming they took some fish oil in the past year.

Volimar

Weird seeing some of the negative reactions. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season.

I feel bad for some GAFfers. Having to go through life with nothing living up to their standards. Everything is mediocre or subpar for them.

wildfire

Banned
Weird seeing some of the negative reactions. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season.

For whatever reason the story elements didn't grab them. I actually like Yo Yo as a character and I basically enjoyed all the character interactions we saw so far except for UndeadWard and MadeinAsianegto.

I didn't care that the major plot took a backseat to this more intimate story.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
"We're running out of budget for special effects for Coulson's hand so we're gonna let the actor use his real hand but make it glow sometimes to acknowledge that it's not real in the show."

Oldest trick in the book.

I know it's silly and I shouldn't care but it really annoyed me for some reason.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
[*]Also, no qualms about basically torturing a comatose person, Lincoln? Where's your Hippocratic oath?

They don't take that oath in Inhumansland, I imagine

Caught up.

Other than Gorgon, that was a mediocre episode (yet another) and a lame way to continue the season. Everything involving Slingshot was pathetic (the awful sets, the religious angle, her troperific story) and Zombie Ward's ribcage made me chuckle IRL. Also, the president looks like a chump. I'm honestly shocked by the rift between AoS's good episode (which are REALLY good) and the rest of them.

They better not be dragging this shit again so the plot forcefully glues with Civil War's premiere.

oh you know they are. There are seven episodes left until Civil War premieres, BTW.

Pachimari

This latest episode were a Top 3 episode of the season. This season has been very mediocre and worse than Season 2 but the latest episode really put it back on track, and Yo-Yo made me want to see more of the Secret Warriors.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
But he was a regular-ass doctor in Humansland, USA. Those take oaths!

Maybe he got grandfathered in.

Actually, he was using a fake ID, wasn't he? Doctors only take the oath when they initially get their medical license, not every time they come into work or whatever. So he still wouldn't have ever taken such a thing =P

Quick

Banned
Good episode to restart the season, if a bit tame.

Yo-yo is pretty cool. Good intro for a new character, who might be tied to a major event later on (ship in space + her gold cross necklace).

Hive Ward and Hydra were the least interesting until the end. Not sure if they'll ever bring back old Ward, but Hive Ward better be interesting as fuck.

I have no issue with Daisy/Lincoln. It's just that side thing you shouldn't even worry about. Seems like AoS is filled to the brim with characters that some individual stories don't have time to really flesh out more.

Lincoln being in the lab with FitzSimmons is neat, though. Maybe setting him up for a bigger role in the show once Bobbi and Hunter are off for Most Wanted?

Speaking of restarting, Fitz and Simmons going back to the drawing board on their relationship is a good move. They might've gone too far deep with it, in retrospect, but I wouldn't mind a return to FitzSimmons now with some nuance.

Coulson getting a realistic hand is so much better than the leather-gloved hand. That thing looked terrible.

Loved the Daisy, Joey and Yo-Yo synergy in that fight. I wonder how far down the Secret Warriors road they'll take AoS. They don't seem to be fully committed yet tbh.

Special C

This may be unrelated, but what are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Are they inhumans? The MCU not having any mutants kind of messes things up.

gazele

Banned
This may be unrelated, but what are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Are they inhumans? The MCU not having any mutants kind of messes things up.

I don't know that they've ever said they are Inhumans

Their powers were triggered by experiments using Loki's staff which has an infinity gem

So maybe they had the Inhuman genes but got powers without terrigenesis? We still don't have a good answer for them

Bigfoot

Not sure if there are any Marvel Puzzle Quest players here, but I just noticed that Daisy has been added to the game. I never expected to see a character from the show anywhere else but on my TV.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Not sure if there are any Marvel Puzzle Quest players here, but I just noticed that Daisy has been added to the game. I never expected to see a character from the show anywhere else but on my TV.

They've also added Daisy to Marvel Future Fight alongside Lincoln, Coulson (With May as a striker) AoS!Deathlok and AoS!Lash in addition to Raina and Gordon as unplayable bosses. In the comics they made Quake look more like the TV show version of her as well. (Calvin Zabo looks suspiciously like Kyle Maclachlan now, for some unexplained reason.)

All part of that Marvel Synergy™.

I don't know that they've ever said they are Inhumans

Their powers were triggered by experiments using Loki's staff which has an infinity gem

So maybe they had the Inhuman genes but got powers without terrigenesis? We still don't have a good answer for them
That's my thinking. They had Inhuman genes which allowed them to survive, but since their powers were awakened by the gem and not terrigenesis they aren't technically Inhuman.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
You know, I think the power effects on the show are really quite good. Except for Lincoln's little electric beams. The actor just doesn't move like he's got massive amounts of energy coming out of his hands. It looks very silly.

AMUSIX

Part of it is that Lincoln's actor is shit. Part is they don't have directors who can handle action. In the above clip, the first hit from Lincoln when the enemy goes down is so clumsy and slow, it's almost like they were doing a blocking run and decided to just film that.

Are they capable of doing a single fight scene that doesn't involve a character standing in place for a few seconds while CG shoots out of his/her hands?

And is it just me, or were the Creel FX much better last season?

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were called Enhanced people.

I need a refresher. Absorbing Man is the same guy who fought Matt Murdock's dad in the boxing ring of Daredevil S1 right?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally managed to watch the episode, I enjoyed it. I missed these characters.

I liked how the powers were used and I thought Yo-Yo was great. Some spotty sets though, but they didn't bother me and aren't a new thing. Story felt natural, but I hope the wait for Civil War doesn't affect the show's pacing too much.

Pachimari

Does zero matter (dark force) have any connection to the black stuff in Shield?

*I haven't finished Agent Carter yet. I'm at Episode 4 in Season 2, please no spoilers *

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Does zero matter (dark force) have any connection to the black stuff in Shield?

*I haven't finished Agent Carter yet. I'm at Episode 4 in Season 2, please no spoilers *

What black stuff? The Monolith? No.

Remember Blackout? The dude that had a thing for the cellist? He had access to the Dark Force.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That's just Mack's nickname for him. Like Tremors for Daisy.
Gordon also called him that in episode 17 of season 2, in a scene at Afterlife where Raina is trying to come to terms with her new form. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be his Inhuman name or just a nickname though.

Still haven't watched a single episode of this season. How does it compare with season 1.5 and 2?
Season 3 is a relationship drama, where everyone makes important tactical decisions based solely on their feelings about their significant other. Sometimes Mack stops the bullshit cause he's immune to it.
Since Season 2, Daisy/Skye's powers have evolved to the point where she shoots blurry shit out of her hands instead of doing anything interesting with it. But the room shakes before she enters the room, so I guess that's something.

Top Bottom