• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

New Poster. Pretty sweet.

CdSypNlUUAECtZD.jpg:large

EW article about the poster: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/11/agents-shield-wondercon-poster-art

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Lincoln's actor is perfectly fine, they give him jack shit to do and garbage dialogue.

It almost feels like they're going to Trip him. Like they're just keeping him around to kill him for Daisy's character development, so they don't actually give him anything worthwhile.

jph139

I buy Daisy/Lincoln on the basic premise of "two attractive people who want to mash their genitals together." Doesn't all have to be pathos and romance.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Who's the guy on the right with markings on his face? Drawing a blank. Malick?
It's Malick. Here's Jeff Bell's explanation for the markings reflected on his face, from the EW article:

Two prominent figures featured in the art are the group’s newest antagonists: Hive, the monster who has taken over the human formerly known as Grant Ward, and Hydra boss Gideon Malick (Powers Boothe). “We have told you who Ward’s become, and Hive is the person that Malick is really in a relationship with. So the fact that reflection is on him or in him or around him is pretty potent,” says Bell. And that may be only the beginning of what Malick will be dealing with going forward. “For Malick it’s, ‘Hey, look, I’ve been worshipping the devil all my life, and now he’s here. So now what?’ That’s an interesting dilemma,” teases the executive producer.​

Fuu

Btw, this is the Secret Warriors cover that Daisy's pose in the poster is paying homage to:

FaRW3w2.jpg
s7uo9sY.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wish Daisey was wearing that outfit when she did an INFILTRATION MISSION! I have no idea why this bugs me so much, but her not wearing her combat outfit while out on missions is stupid. Same with Bobbi (if she's not going undercover).

No Joey???

I know he's not a "regular" but he quickly shot up to fan favorite.

Although, if that poster is on sale, I would totally buy it and hang it.

Lincoln's actor is perfectly fine, they give him jack shit to do and garbage dialogue.

Same. He was introduced as a doctor/mentor and works best in that role. Him being a secret warrior is kinda meh.

Fuu

Luke Mitchell is a decent actor and Lincoln is (could be) an interesting character. The problem is that they just don't seem very keen on working with what makes him unique. I'll quote an older post of mine from a few months ago:
You know, they actually can do interesting things with Lincoln considering where his character is coming from. He was suicidal and alcoholic at one point in his life and he just lost his entire support system.

Then John Donnelly, the dude he phones when he's on the run in "A Wanted (Inhu)man", starts mistrusting him right after a news report and Lincoln accidentally kills him. The same dude who saved him from a suicide attempt before. Luke Mitchell mentioned that John also functioned as Lincoln's sponsor with his drinking problem (they talk about it when they meet in that episode, "Have you been drinking?" "I wanted to, instead I called you. You're the only one I trust.")

I know most people in this thread just want his character do go away, but idk, I'm willing to give him a chance. If they work his angst properly and don't let the character get bogged down with too much relationship drama it can turn out to be pretty decent
There's also the mentor and doctor angle that NobleXenon mentioned above, both of which have pretty much disappeared by now (although him helping Jemma with biology research this episode was a nice touch).

I realize there are a lot of characters in the show at this point, but I'd go as far to say that even Joey has been more explored as a character than him, and that's with way less screen time. I'm not even a fan of Lincoln, but the writing is indeed not on his side most of the time.

kirblar

It almost feels like they're going to Trip him. Like they're just keeping him around to kill him for Daisy's character development, so they don't actually give him anything worthwhile.
SW comix discussion:
There's a character in SW I've been pretty sure he's standing in for. He's so toast.

SW comix discussion:
There's a character in SW I've been pretty sure he's standing in for. He's so toast.
Yeah I get the same feeling...to be fair lincoln is about as interesting as that character was in the comics. The most interesting thing that ever happened with him was what fury did to him.

The best character in the comic was druid by far.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://todaynewsshow.com/agents-of-shield-episode-3-14-watchdogs-press-release/

New synopsis:

“Watchdogs” – When a radical group called The Watchdogs emerges with plans to eliminate the Inhumans, Agent Mack and his brother become caught in the crossfire. Meanwhile, Simmons discovers a powerful chemical compound that could alter the future for Inhumans, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, MARCH 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Titus Welliver as Felix Blake, Mark Dacascos as Giyera, Gaius Charles as Ruben Mackenzie, Trenton Rostedt as Dallas Wyatt, Justin Morck as Watchdog Alpha, Jonathan Camp as Watchdog Oscar and D. Elliot Woods as Watchdog Victor.

”Watchdogs” was written by Drew Z. Greenberg and directed by Jesse Bochco.

Pachimari

I wonder if they eventually will write the Inhumans out of the show and then write them back in in 2019. Just something I have been speculating. But on the other side, why would they. They could come up with many original Inhumans too without even touching the lore of the royal family.

HeySeuss

Sweet! Back from my week ban so I missed you guys last week. Maye was terrible as always.

Thought it was a good show though all in all, but Tremors and Sparkplug is terribly forced and uninteresting.

Volimar

Sweet! Back from my week ban so I missed you guys last week. Maye was terrible as always.

Thought it was a good show though all in all, but Tremors and Sparkplug is terribly forced and uninteresting.

They have no chemistry. But Lincoln isn't so bad on his own. Quake continues to rule.

HeySeuss

So is that thing going to jump out of Ward and find a stronger host? Or do we get Ward for the long haul?

And wtf was that? That how he gets stronger? I don't understand his powers yet...

Slayven

So is that thing going to jump out of Ward and find a stronger host? Or do we get Ward for the long haul?

And wtf was that? That how he gets stronger? I don't understand his powers yet...

I think he turns them into drones, the main part of him will be Ward

Top Bottom