• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Quick

Banned
Very small (but seemingly vital) parts for Fitz and Simmons.

Seems like Mack would've been useful on this mission, but I didn't even notice his lack of involvement until after the episode.

guek

Banned
Decent episode, though last week's was better. This one felt a bit like treading water. Next week's promo looked promising.

I can´t stand Bobby and Hunter. I am so glad that Bobby is leaving the show to star in her own because her presence her is unbearable. Just kill Hunter already.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
kinda upset next episode is the last we see mockingbird and hunter

good episode, i like it

TheOddOne

- TVLine: S.H.I.E.L.D. Team Shares the 'Goo' Story Behind That Scene, Teases 'Rip-Roaring Adventure' for Bobbi/Hunter.
Executive producer Jeffrey Bell says the tactile moment was in part inspired by a photographer’s online portraits of people and babies covered in honey. “We thought, ‘This is kind of like a birth, and we should do that for [Hive].’ But we didn’t take the [temperature] into consideration!”

Says Dalton himself, “I was all for it — ‘Put me in, coach! Let’s do another!’ And all through the day they were telling me how they’re warming up this goo.” But not only was the end product cold, “It got everywhere you imagine goo could go,” the actor confirms. “This was as close to a nightmare as I’ve had on this set!”
The S.H.I.E.L.D. team is tight-lipped on the timetable for whatever it is that might set the stage for Marvel’s Most Wanted, while Tancharoen will only say of Bobbi and Hunter’s next move, embedded there under Malick’s nose, is that it will be a “rip-roaring adventure.”

Penguin

So since everything else is on hiatus for the week, figured watch SHIELD again

And granted this is from casually dropping in and out of the past 2 years

1)What happened to Fitz' well brain damage/neural troubles? How was that resolved?
2)There are A LOT of main players on this show. Felt like half the time didn't get to do much but sit around this episode.
3)Set design was really nice.
4)Some decent action.
5)The general's haircut is awful. Happy that...Hunter called him on it.

Mindwipe

So since everything else is on hiatus for the week, figured watch SHIELD again

And granted this is from casually dropping in and out of the past 2 years

1)What happened to Fitz' well brain damage/neural troubles? How was that resolved?

Literally he got better with time.

That element was dropped fairly quickly, but a lot of time has passed and Fitz had to step up in a big way after Simmons was teleported off the planet. Focusing on getting her back for months on end seemed to be the last push he needed to recover fully.

5)The general's haircut is awful. Happy that...Hunter called him on it.

Pretty sure that was Lincoln, if you're referring to the electricity-wielding Inhuman.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That element was dropped fairly quickly, but a lot of time has passed and Fitz had to step up in a big way after Simmons was teleported off the planet. Focusing on getting her back for months on end seemed to be the last push he needed to recover fully.

Feel like it was pretty much resolved well before Simmons got sucked through. Like, Mack bonding with Fitz helped a bit. Coulson putting him in high-pressure scenarios helped. I think it worked itself out for the most part by mid-season.

Penguin

Pretty sure that was Lincoln, if you're referring to the electricity-wielding Inhuman.

Sorry.

Probably right.

Like I said, watch the show on and off!

Pachimari

What a boring episode. That said, we can already see they are setting up Hunter and Mockingbird for Most Wanted. But is the next episode really their last?

I need a refresher, Absorbing Man is Creel? And who is Stonewall?

Ithil

Could have sworn I saw a lot more of Daisy than ABC would allow when she whipped off her workout gear but was probably just a trick of shadows.

strafer

Brett Dalton needs to get his body in check. Everytime he appears I wanna throw up.

His ribcage and shit. Heal faster bruh.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Acceptable episode. I mean, it was considerably more enjoyable than the previous one, which I found a real chore to watch, but the writing remains firmly stale and the Talbot Twist couldn't have been handled any more pathetically. Sets and props continue to bother the heck out of me, too.

Pros:
  • Some zany jokes that didn't fall flat for once
  • Zombie Ward is no longer a thing. Out goes that awful looking ribcage
  • Zombie Ward eating good
  • Daisy in yoga pants
  • Talbot being a diet racist nitwit
  • Creel. I think he has some good screen presence (which is rare in this show)

Cons:
  • Crap writing all over the place
  • May being snotty to Hunter for no good reason
  • That HIGH POWERED INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM couldn't look any cheaper. I swear this show has the production values of Buffy at times
  • Foreign countries and dignataries keep being worthless, when not treated as complete fucking morons
  • One less episode of AoS with Hunter and Bobbi
  • Gun fights remain laughably bad

Also, my girlfriend would like to voice her disappointment for not being able to catch a glimpse of Wards' butt.

JIFs

snwkuQa.gif

bf7px8J.gif

bzpuG2W.gif

And obligatory

mvrBF7o.gif

Dysun

Feel like it was pretty much resolved well before Simmons got sucked through. Like, Mack bonding with Fitz helped a bit. Coulson putting him in high-pressure scenarios helped. I think it worked itself out for the most part by mid-season.

He was slowly getting better, but it felt like it was literally dropped right after the mid season break of Season 2

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Everything about it was hilariously awful. Five high powered dignitaries from random countries, who knew nothing about the new 'aliens' and were all morons.
Taking notes from a nobody at what it looked like the conference room of a Marriott, coupled with about the same amount of security.

Lord.

Sadist

Lincoln needs to go. Boring character.

Talbot however slays. He's the best.

- Coulson about his robo hand: "gimme a hand!"
- Dat Ward though. The hunger was real. Poor dudes. That one Inhuman Hydra agent didn't care for it.
- Oh Hunter you loveable moron
- The cure thing is so X-Men. But hey, Whedon devoted an arc on a mutant cure in his Astonishing X-Men run.
- Wasn't a great discussion about Inhumans lol.

Enjoyable ep.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Actually glad they had a "Hail Hydra" line in this episode. Grunts should be shouting that with pride every episode.

I still hate when they do the dignitary talks about Inhumans or "enhanced" people and they never bring up the Avengers or other characters asking if they are the same thing. Or why wouldn't Couslon ask them, "Do you fear Thor or Captain America? If not, what makes them different than the Inhumans?" Just some kind of world connecting and building.

Apoc29

vExJQZC.jpg

"Bring me five teenagers...with attitude"

I really hope Ward ends up being an actual threat, not just a "shoot him with a flare gun and call it a day" villain.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Actually glad they had a "Hail Hydra" line in this episode. Grunts should be shouting that with pride every episode.

I still hate when they do the dignitary talks about Inhumans or "enhanced" people and they never bring up the Avengers or other characters asking if they are the same thing. Or why wouldn't Couslon ask them, "Do you fear Thor or Captain America? If not, what makes them different than the Inhumans?" Just some kind of world connecting and building.
Yeah that whole meeting I was thinking why is no one bringing up the Avengers??.

duckroll

I dunno. I'm not caught up since AoS returned, but this logic doesn't make sense to me. There's a clear difference as presented on the show between Inhumans and other metahumans. Inhumans are basically hidden DNA time bombs which no one understands. Humans with alien-altered DNA that could manifest when certain conditions are met. Thor is not human. Thor is from another dimension. Thor is a Norse god. Captain America is a human being who was enhanced by a supersoldier program overseen by the US government during WW2. These are all things people can accept. Inhumans are much more of an unknown.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. I'm not caught up since AoS returned, but this logic doesn't make sense to me. There's a clear difference as presented on the show between Inhumans and other metahumans. Inhumans are basically hidden DNA time bombs which no one understands. Humans with alien-altered DNA that could manifest when certain conditions are met. Thor is not human. Thor is from another dimension. Thor is a Norse god. Captain America is a human being who was enhanced by a supersoldier program overseen by the US government during WW2. These are all things people can accept. Inhumans are much more of an unknown.
Not everyone knows what Thor is or how Cap or the Hulk was created. They should still question it and ask how they're different or the same. Thor is technically an alien yet doesn't get treated as such.

duckroll

Not everyone knows what Thor is or how Cap or the Hulk was created. They should still question it and ask how they're different or the same. Thor is technically an alien yet doesn't get treated as such.

Okay, maybe the common man doesn't know much about Thor, that's fair. But Captain America? Dude has a fucking museum. Cmon. As for the Hulk, I think people fear the Hulk enough. Even now. I guess if the question is "why don't they discuss the larger issue, rather than focusing on just Inhumans", I agree. Especially with Civil War coming up.

KarmaCow

Civil War will be out while this season is still going right? I can kinda understand why they don't want to completely piggyback on the movies but it's odd how there is seemingly no connection to the larger MCU on this topic.

Civil War will be out while this season is still going right? I can kinda understand why they don't want to completely piggyback on the movies but it's odd how there is seemingly no connection to the larger MCU on this topic.

Civil War will launch around the 20-22 episode range of SHIELD. I'd expect a throwaway line about it in the last episode, but the show will be paying off on its own storylines at that point.

I expect if the Sokovia Accords carry forward after Civil War, AoS Season 4 will tackle it.

LaNaranja

What was up with Gorgon feeling bad for the death of those innocent people. Didn't he used to kill people all the time? Hell, didn't we just see him shot a man in cold blood last episode?

Top Bottom