• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What was up with Gorgon feeling bad for the death of those innocent people. Didn't he used to kill people all the time? Hell, didn't we just see him shot a man in cold blood last episode?

Not men he thought innocents; people justify what they do in weird ways. He probably thought he was doing good for his country and stuff, and the dude we saw he killed was dumping illegally obtained weapons into the water.

bzpuG2W.gif
Damn, I just realised that there are skeletons lying around Wardminator when he rises, wow...

thank mr skeltal

Hey Funky Papa, can you
that part:
Could have sworn I saw a lot more of Daisy than ABC would allow when she whipped off her workout gear but was probably just a trick of shadows.
Yeah, I raised my eyebrow too lol.

LionPride

Banned
YO. Was that Gateway when they were framing Coulson for killing Inhumans and an old ass Australian black man with white hair popped up as the first picture? That may have been Gateway. A for real deal X-Men character

Seigyoku

So for reasons that I cannot comprehend, I have spent the last several days consuming an insane amount of MCU fanfic almost all involving a pairing that will never happen (the characters have not, and likely will not, ever meet.)

So during every single Daisy/Lincoln scene I'm like "I think I read this in a fanfic, and the fanfic did it better and with a better couple." And I don't even dislike Lincoln! Oh well.

And yes I too expected Hive!Ward to now demand clothes off of punks.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So for reasons that I cannot comprehend, I have spent the last several days consuming an insane amount of MCU fanfic almost all involving a pairing that will never happen (the characters have not, and likely will not, ever meet.)

So during every single Daisy/Lincoln scene I'm like "I think I read this in a fanfic, and the fanfic did it better and with a better couple." And I don't even dislike Lincoln! Oh well.

LU0C3DM.gif

Quick

Banned

I'm all about the Fitz harem of Simmons, Daisy, and Bobbi. This is a thing right?

Seigyoku

I'm all about the Fitz harem of Simmons, Daisy, and Bobbi. This is a thing right?

And someone probably tossed in Maria Hill for some reason. And sex pollen. And soulmarks. And... seriously, fandom comes up with some weird shit. I don't read all of it I swear!

EDIT: And in my defense, I really really really really want it to be May and Civil War, and these situations sometimes lead me down a dark dark path.

*waits for duckroll to show up and REALLY make fun of her*

Everything about it was hilariously awful. Five high powered dignitaries from random countries, who knew nothing about the new 'aliens' and were all morons.
l was really fascinated by how groundbreaking international treaties are apparently proposed verbally, consist of a single sentence, and are approved by a simple majority vote on the spot.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Because Marvel Studios don't care about their TV shows.

XZ1nwz.gif

But seriously, drop some Avengers on Malick's ass and be done with it.

"Cap, there's one member of Hydra left, he's kind of a nuisance."

"On it. Avengers! ASSEMBLE!"

Go pew pew pew, and swoosh, and smash, and bzzt and pfffft on his and his Inhuman army's ass, be home in time for shawarma.

duckroll

"Oh, I'm so sorry but my friend Bucky has a bad cold this week so I'm looking after him. Have you called Tony?"

"He'e busy, said something about some Accords."

"Oh well, good luck!"

neorej

ERMYGERD!

"Oh, I'm so sorry but my friend Bucky has a bad cold this week so I'm looking after him. Have you called Tony?"

"He'e busy, said something about some Accords."

"Oh well, good luck!"

"Okay, can you get Banner on the phone then?"

"He's kind of MIA...."

"How do you lose a 8 ft green monster?"

"Long story."

"Thor?"

"Off to Asgard and Heimdall isn't returning my calls."

"Widow?"

"She's training the recruits."

"Recruits? Okay, I'll take them!"

"They're not field ready."

"Goddammit. At least get me Hawkeye."

"Nope, he retired."

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
l was really fascinated by how groundbreaking international treaties are apparently proposed verbally, consist of a single sentence, and are approved by a simple majority vote on the spot.

I just can't get out of my head how utterly dreadful everything about that conference was.

Alias had better production values and more credible scenarios back in 2001. AoS just plainly stinks when it tries to go big.

neoanarch

President and Malick are probably in Civil War. At least the president is likely to be there. In the perfect world Talbot would be there and so would the Secret Warriors. But whatevs.

Thor alone could probably oneshot HiveWards ass
worm and all
oh well after Thanos wipes out half of the universe and what other bullshit he conjures up with the Infinity Guantlet neither TV or movie verse will be able to ignore it

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Why didn't Talbot tell the other representatives that Malick was evil after his son was rescued?

Why Coulson didn't tell the other representatives that Talbot was off his rocker and Malick the real evil and opted to take it like a champ instead? Why Hydra couldn't secure Talbot's son somewhere else in order to avoid his rescue? In which universe foreign dignitaries are allowed to meet without carrying their own armed security detail?

Because AoS writing tends to be abysmal like that.

I'm eternally conflicted about this show. When it's good (those alien planet episodes were amazing), it's damn good. When it's bad, it looks like the product of a 13 years old comic-book reader being allowed to play with a 90's TV show budget.

Jackpot

Banned
Why Coulson didn't tell the other representatives that Talbot was off his rocker and Malick the real evil and opted to take it like a champ instead? Why Hydra couldn't secure Talbot's son somewhere else in order to avoid his rescue? In which universe foreign dignitaries are allowed to meet without carrying their own armed security detail?.

Those the show can write off as "in-the-moment, no-time-to-think" blunders but Talbot's about-change is a long-term problem that will be present any time the ATCU interacts with another country, which it seems it will with the Russian sanctuary state.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Why Coulson didn't tell the other representatives that Talbot was off his rocker and Malick the real evil and opted to take it like a champ instead? Why Hydra couldn't secure Talbot's son somewhere else in order to avoid his rescue? In which universe foreign dignitaries are allowed to meet without carrying their own armed security detail?

I'm eternally conflicted about this show. When it's good (those alien planet episodes were amazing), it's damn good. When it's bad, it looks like the product of a 13 years old comic-book reader being allowed to play with a 90's TV show budget.

Coulson didn't have any credibility at that point. Anything he'd say would only escalate the situation further in favor of Malick.

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean, I figure the whole reason they did this storyline to begin with was to introduce Talbot as a series regular and have him "turn good" so you're not going "wait, why the fuck are they trusting him now?" all the time. So I don't think it really matters all that much what happened in the episode at all.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

How will he be able to convince the representatives when everything they threw out at that moment, heavily stacks against him? Its only his words against Talbot, Malick, the fake arm injury and the various secret recording of their rooms which they exposed.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
How will he be able to convince the representatives when everything they threw out at that moment, heavily stacks against him? Its only his words against Talbot, Malick, the fake arm injury and the various secret recording of their rooms which they exposed.

It's less about convincing and more about seeding doubt and gaining time.

"Okay, fine, you've got me".

That scene was poorly handled. But AoS has a tendence to treat foreign countries and their representatives as bamboozled ignoramuses.

Agree with the terrible production values. Nothing about that symposium looked good. The boardroom where they gather is laughable, yet there's time to outfit handprint scanners on all the rooms. But why even have that when you can scale the building outside and go through the window?

And that gunfight? Hydra guy shoots panel, Hunter pokes gun out as "cover", Bobbi slides down a table totally exposed.

Coulson and Talbot are cuffed to each other, locked in a jail cell, and then lined up to be shot. Uh.

Sometimes I wonder about the censors. A bunch of charred skeletons and Terminator-Ward is apparently okay, yet with Daisy they can't show anything below her shoulders.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That was some Mortal Kombat shit with Hive Ward at the end lol.

Thought it was a good episode, fun action and all characters that showed up were used well. Including Lincoln, who had a little more personal touches to his dialogue this time (plus, no sleeves).

And:

vqFXiGl.jpg

ERPNOM8.png
sW6QBFn.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Fesi_(Earth-616)

yeeeaah boy

First Mutant character turned Inhuman for the MCU?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That was some Mortal Kombat shit with Hive Ward at the end lol.

Thought it was a good episode, fun action and all characters that showed up were used well. Including Lincoln, who had a little more personal touches to his dialogue this time (plus, no sleeves).

And:

vqFXiGl.jpg

ERPNOM8.png
sW6QBFn.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Fesi_(Earth-616)

yeeeaah boy

First Mutant character turned Inhuman for the MCU?
Wait, I thought they weren't allowed to do that? That's no different than using "Scott Summers" in place of that guys name.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wait, I thought they weren't allowed to do that? That's no different than using "Scott Summers" in place of that guys name.
I'm thinking it might be a case similar to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Manifold showed up first in the Secret Warriors comics, then became an Avenger.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
He's mostly associated with Secret Warriors/Avengers... so he might be in the same situation as Scarlet Witch.

Er... What Fuu said.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking it might be a case similar to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Manifold showed up first in the Secret Warriors comics, then became an Avenger.
Oh, didn't know he was a Secret Warrior in the first place. Never read any books with them.

Does when he was created have anything to do with it?

Like if he is a mutant, but created after the rights were originally sold, does Fox have the rights to them?

The Kree

Banned

Not everybody who's a mutant belongs to Fox, clearly. He didn't even exist when those contracts were made.

Also, the date on top of the page - 4-7-2009 - that's the date of his first appearance in Secret Warriors.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Like if he is a mutant, but created after the rights were originally sold, does Fox have the rights to them?

Fox has the rights to all mutants, I don't think creation dates matter. But where they were introduced and who strongly they're associated plays a part into it too.

That last point they probably boil down to appearances.

Top Bottom