• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

The Kree

Banned
It just really feels like the show is trying to fill time again, like in the first season before Winter Soldier.

Kinda like when your favorite comic books are forced to tie into a line-wide event, but in reverse because with live action, the events are what you really want to watch.

jmood88

this show is losing me

shame since s2 was great.
The last episode was the most season 1-like episode(pre-Winter Soldier) in a long time. I had no desire to finish watching, which is why it took until yesterday for me to go through the whole thing. I also have no idea what they're thinking with the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff. Who is the audience for that show?

Dalek

Boring episode but the ending bar scene was a nice touch. I'll miss Bobbi, she was one of the best additions to the show. Hunter I don't care much for.

Bad decision in my opinion.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Pretty big spoiler - S2 character returning in episode 16.

http://mcuexchange.com/season-2-cha...f-s-h-i-e-l-d-ep-3x16-paradise-lost-synopsis/

The cast list includes
Reed Diamond (Daniel Whitehall)

900x900px-LL-fddecfcb_lRlTqgt.gif

Koriandrr

the way they've been building up this 'war' and 'change the world' stuff is just making me feel like I'll be seriously underwhelmed when all the cards are on the table.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
They're going to use a "cure" to make all the inhumans go away so it doesn't conflict with the movies, aren't they? [sigh]

struggling to stay interested in this show

Agreed. Currently watching the newest episode and it's hard to focus on what's happening. The way this show has fallen off after the very competent S2 is just sad to see.

They keep showing Lincoln (and his pairing with Daisy) down our throats, not realizing that he's consistently the worst part of any scene he's in. The Inhumans plot is going kinda... where exactly? I don't even know. Something to do with Hydra somehow. The Hive is a boring villain so far. I want Ward back.

The last two episodes have been especially bad. I really hope this is only due to them having to set up Most Wanted (which will probably crash and burn) and they can finally go back to what made this show good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Same. The drop in quality is such that I am seriously considering dropping the show. Maybe S2 really was a fluke.

yeah, the upward trend from post-TWS S1 into a solid S2 doesn't seem indicative of the whole show

the more i think about it, the more kyle maclachlan carried S2 - he was a compelling, fleshed out, well acted villain who had important ties to our cast

combine that with the novelty of straight up TERRIGENESIS and it really won us over

now it all just seems so meandering

butalala

the more i think about it, the more kyle maclachlan carried S2 - he was a compelling, fleshed out, well acted villain who had important ties to our cast

Kyle MacLachlan/Cal was easily the best thing to happen to the show. He brought a crazy energy that no one else on the show could provide and managed to be a villain with heart.

I don't think they should bring him back, but they need bring people in that can eat scenery on his level.

My problem with Season 3.5 so far is that they have this badass evil ward thing that has basically done nothing in 4 episodes, which is almost half the season. Game of Thrones does the exact same fucking thing and it's turning me off of that show too.

"Oh hey look, here's this huge fucking dragons that are going to fuck shit up like you've never seen..."

"Next season."

"Just kidding, actually next next season..."

"Nope, still not yet."

It gets tiring. Hopefully they bring Ward out in the next episode and show us something interesting, because it's getting tiring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This season feels so long, drawn out, and ultimately not going anywhere with the stuff that made me excited for it (Skye building her team). That combined with some relatively lame actors (Lincoln, the guy who can manipulate metal) is definitely making this more of a slog than it has to be.

On top of that, the episode forcing Hunter and Bobbi out felt considerably forced. The last scene in the bar was nice and all but everything else felt so artificial and underdeveloped.

The upside here is that Bobbi has been dead weight on the cast pretty much since she showed up, and losing Hunter, despite being significantly more likeable than Bobbi and actually a net positive regular to the show, might just be what this show needs to recentre the focus on Coulson and Skye.

For the life of me I can't figure out what they want to do with the spin-off, though. Especially when S2 of Agent Carter and S3 of Agents of SHIELD are kind of struggling to switch things up in an interesting way. More spy shit is the last thing the MCU needs. Before you know it this is going to end up like the CW DC shows which basically retell the same stuff with analagous characters a trillion times over (especially after Begins/TDKR).

Korigama

Finally watched last week's episode. Not all that interesting, but I would be lying if I said that I felt nothing during the bar scene (felt especially bad for Mack). No Lincoln automatically made it an improvement.

And yes, Kyle MacLachlan was a major reason why season 2 worked as well as it did (I would even go as far as to say that Cal remains my favorite MCU villain aside from Loki).

inky

I don't know, I don't think I can like Coulson anymore, they just write him to be whatever the scene needs him to be. Sometimes he's badass, sometimes he's the guy who will do whatever it takes, even the tough unethical call, most of the time he's fucking clueless, and it's laughable that these people are still behind him. I think they've mistaken what depth is.

And Skye... well, she's Daisy now. She's an awesome agent, self assured, and her only conflict revolves around the worst character and love interest on TV in the past 37 years. What I'm saying is, I wish Lincoln would just fucking die so that Daisy could move on to more interesting things.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
They need to really start pushing the plot forward. They've been in a holding pattern for the most part since they got back. (Maybe there's a meatier tie-in the Civil War that's justfying this? Who knows.)

This season also suffers from not having a Bill Paxton or Kyle MacLachlan to buoy things. It's cool they got Power Boothe but he's nowhere near as fun. (Not that he's suppose to be...)

Deadly

Yep this season has been underwhelming so far. Kinda like what happened to Arrow S3. Great S2, S3 seems promising but in the end turns out to be shit.

quesalupa

My problem with Season 3.5 so far is that they have this badass evil ward thing that has basically done nothing in 4 episodes, which is almost half the season. Game of Thrones does the exact same fucking thing and it's turning me off of that show too.

"Oh hey look, here's this huge fucking dragons that are going to fuck shit up like you've never seen..."

"Next season."

"Just kidding, actually next next season..."

"Nope, still not yet."

It gets tiring. Hopefully they bring Ward out in the next episode and show us something interesting, because it's getting tiring.
Ward is Thanos confirmed.

When I binge watched the first part of S3 before they came back earlier this month, I feel like that the show is much more coherent when all the episodes are viewed Netflix-style. The writing team, whether deliberately or not, have paced the show this way and I think it's much better.

jmood88

I'm hoping that since the set-up for the spinoff is done that the show will get back to being good. The first half of this season wasn't bad, it just hasn't been great since they came back from the break.

Top Bottom