• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

duckroll

I really like the theory that she's stuck in the Negative Zone; would explain why it looks so desolate and the alien skybox, plus it would be nice build-up to that Annihilation movie we're totally going to get.

But there are no planets in the Negative Zone. Also, I don't think they can actually do that because Fox has the rights to F4 stuff. Marvel doesn't touch anything they don't have full rights to in the overall scheme of things.

But there are no planets in the Negative Zone. Also, I don't think they can actually do that because Fox has the rights to F4 stuff. Marvel doesn't touch anything they don't have full rights to in the overall scheme of things.

Full rights to? *Cough cough AoU cough Cough*

anaron

I don't think they've written Fitz's brain injury off, all of season 2 was him learning to cope with it and him improving throughout.

I do hope they make an explicit reference to it, though and that it still hinders him.

it was funny tonight how much I didn't mind Hunter until he was around Bobbi. those two just bring eachother down

duckroll

Full rights to? *Cough cough AoU cough Cough*

They have full rights to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as Avengers in film, TV, and cartoons. What I mean is, if they have the rights to use something on TV, but not on film, they would not want it introduced in either. The Negative Zone is one of those things which I don't think Marvel will touch unless they get F4 rights back.

They have full rights to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as Avengers in film, TV, and cartoons. What I mean is, if they have the rights to use something on TV, but not on film, they would not want it introduced in either. The Negative Zone is one of those things which I don't think Marvel will touch unless they get F4 rights back.

Ah ok. I interpreted that differently than you intended.

I could not stop staring every time she walked. @_@

My wife passively watched the episode with me.

Wife: What the hell man? Is she even wearing a bra?

Me: *Fake exasperation* Well Men 18-49 NEED to watch the show.

Wife: *laughs* "So ALL men?"

Me: *stares innocently*

duckroll

Also, I hope they have money for whatever is chasing Simmons. It's clearly going to be something alien. Hopefully it looks better than Lash! :p

I like how last season they featured Jemma early on in an actual field mission as a spy, and now this season they open with Fitz on his own personal field mission to uncover intel. It's great to see how the characters have been re-purposed into agents who actually seem competent and are worth caring about, rather than the dumb "science nerd team" they were originally. :p
I am absolutely in love with this insight. I haven't ever considered it and it contextualizes the character progression and shows cool symmetry between the second and third season. My thoughts on the episode have improved after reading this!!

Loved it, so glad to be watching again. I didn't mind lash, but I can understamd how other peeps could get rubbed the wrong way. I actually can't stand lincoln, didn't like him in s2 and nothing has changed. Shrugs. Oooh but man, fitz with a heart of gold who gives zero fucks. Can't get enough, fan since day one and I'm glad he's getting the love he deserves. Best actor on the show. Lulz @ shotgun axe. Make it happen, fitz! Put all that pent up emotion into some demonic axe boom stick.

anaron

is anyone else really glad and excited that the terrigen was released into the ecosystem as opposed to *just* fish oil? It was always going to be silly if it was isolated purely to that and I'm glad it's not.

Especially if going off that screen Coulson was looking at is any indication, it truly is the equivalent of a terrigen bomb.

anaron

I hate how they teased about Hunter+Bobby side project aka that new show.

NO ONE WANTS THAT DAMMIT!!!!
I do want a mockingbird spinoff WITHOUT Hunter. I don't know who the hell is so in love with that pairing but Hawkingbird they will never be.

speaking of Bobbi, I loved her line about her name. "short for Robert or in my case, Barbara, which is worse."

also loved seeing her wearing the science goggles/nod to her comics look.

Lash looked like shit. Kinda embarrassing actually, but I suppose that's what we get from a TV budget.

He also should've been able to harness the energy thrown at him.

I don't think MCU Hala would be a desolate wasteland; doesn't seem to fit with Sif taking that one Kree back there last season.

The experiments on humans were prohibited so it could be an abandoned Kree outpost.

Speculation: The rock being a portal that only opens in the presence of Kree or Kree test-subjects (Inhumans) means that "the only good Inhuman is a dead Inhuman" Simmons has got a bit of Inhuman in her.

zugzug

premiere was boring to me.
I just felt that could have gone different directions. Other action scenes were just meh.

Train scene woulda been more interesting if Coulson had the army general with army troops rescue him instead of just showing this shield team is all alone against this new team assigned by the president. Or at least have a scene with Coulson contacting our former Hero General. Then they simply reused extraction method for second time in same episode boring easy writing out.

Hospital fight against Porcupine guy was average but then having two inhumans using their powers towards him not doing anything sure made them seem like boring inhumans. Defintely not a dynamic use of powers.

Other posts earlier in this thread talking about how the movies impact or how this show impacts the entire MCU universe. I really hate this show hasn't had a better cameo with one of the Avengers. I cannot explain how bad that Fury cameo was with Coulson and Fury just grandstanding talking smack whole time such bad taste.

How could you in 2 seaons and now season 3 not have just one Avenger appear with a big budget entrance or scene.

People liking that tank top. Yo Chick put on weight is thick now. Certainly not a slick athletic young 20 something. Give that actor a personal fitness trainer quick!

but I'm a fucking sheep will watch every week.

Train scene woulda been more interesting if Coulson had the army general with army troops rescue him instead of just showing this shield team is all alone against this new team assigned by the president. Or at least have a scene with Coulson contacting our former Hero General. Then they simply reused extraction method for second time in same episode boring easy writing out.
Why would the army intervene against a government appointed team? That doesn't make sense.

Also...

People liking that tank top. Yo Chick put on weight is thick now. Certainly not a slick athletic young 20 something. Give that actor a personal fitness trainer quick!
:/

I thought she looked better. I actually assumed she was doing lots of training in her spare time and had put on a bit of muscle (but not lost body fat).

anaron

premiere was boring to me.
I just felt that could have gone different directions. Other action scenes were just meh.

Hospital fight against Porcupine guy was average but then having two inhumans using their powers towards him not doing anything sure made them seem like boring inhumans. Defintely not a dynamic use of powers.

Other posts earlier in this thread talking about how the movies impact or how this show impacts the entire MCU universe. I really hate this show hasn't had a better cameo with one of the Avengers. I cannot explain how bad that Fury cameo was with Coulson and Fury just grandstanding talking smack whole time such bad taste.

How could you in 2 seaons and now season 3 not have just one Avenger appear with a big budget entrance or scene.

but I'm a fucking sheep will watch every week.
duWduON.jpg

Kevinroc

I thought it was a strong-ish premiere. Love that we're seeing scientist Bobbi. They tend to play her up as a SHIELD agent, but she's also supposed to be a scientist.

Lash looked... okayish, I guess. Some of my non-comic reading friends thought he looked like Blackheart.

Yay, an Ant-Man reference. That movie turned out pretty well.

They were in a hospital. If their powers got any more "dynamic" they might have leveled the place with everyone in it.

Dafuq?

Chariot

Fantastic episode. I agree though that Lash is a bit... off. He looks like a cosplayer that went rogue at Comic Con.

AMUSIX

Watched it again...yeah, Lash is unfortunate. It's really just the hair...too bad it's too late to fix it, as they've probably already filmed a number of episodes with him.

Grazzt

Great episode! Except Lash's hair...
Fitz stealing the show again.
I wanna see Daisy unleash her full power somewhere someday.

Top Bottom