• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Luigi87

RhQao6O.gif

lmfao

It never gets old.

You people complain but the episode didn't air at all in Milwaukee, Wisconsin(I don't know about the rest of the state). I just finished the episode right now on the abc website.

can someone PM me - how was last night's episode?

i'm getting bored with the show, but would like to know if i should watch last night's ep or just put the series on ice for a while

I think it was fine. Definitely a set-things-up episode, but it had some really nice action setpieces.

And table flipping.

And fire extinguishing.

Pretty solid episode. The whole Daisy-Charles scene was well-shot (I liked the flaming billboard) even if the dialogue didn't make much sense. They took some liberties with the whole changing-fate schtick and probably tied it off too nicely (imagine if life insurance companies got ahold of Charles). And why did Hydra bring Charles in the first place? Would they really be unable to convince the chairman to sign over his company to Malick?

I wonder whose death Malick saw. His daughter's? His own?

Johndoey

Banned
Daisy got rekt by a 67 year old man until a magic hobo saved her and while that happened Lincoln essentially got bricked coming around the corner. Truly our heroes are mighty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Last episode was great. Gives me hope for the rest of the season. Still don't know what to make of the SHIELD ship combusting thing we've seen in a few episodes now.

I wonder whose death Malick saw. His daughter's? His own?

Here's my theory (That'll probably be shot down by the next episode, lol):

The vaccine for Andrew worked, sorta. He's biologically Lash, but with the conscienceness of Andrew. Andrewlash will somehow sacrifice himself to kill Malick.

I'm just wondering if the show is going to double down on the Inhumans if the bomb Malick has is an -actual- terrigen bomb.

anaron

I really liked the detail of how the homeless guy was affected by the rain for his terrigenesis. I hate when people say "LOL FISH OIL?!" when it was just one example.

I really liked the detail of how the homeless guy was affected by the rain for his terrigenesis. I hate when people say "LOL FISH OIL?!" when it was just one example.

Huh, I assumed it was getting fish from the farmer's market; I didn't know that terrigen could evaporate and be rained down. I always thought terrigen was fat-soluble, lol.

Edit: Now that I think more of it, the space scene could be where and when the terrigen bomb explodes and rain down everywhere.

Sadist

fun episode!

- Lol Lincoln and Coulson with the Terminator joke
- Man Chloe looking even prettier as the season progresses.
- Neo Ward is soooo zen
- Andrew :(
- Guessing the death in space is the speedster Inhuman? Or maybe that jesus cross is just there to throw us off?

Here's my theory (That'll probably be shot down by the next episode, lol):

The vaccine for Andrew worked, sorta. He's biologically Lash, but with the conscienceness of Andrew. Andrewlash will somehow sacrifice himself to kill Malick.

I'm just wondering if the show is going to double down on the Inhumans if the bomb Malick has is an -actual- terrigen bomb.

I think, with all the teasing about "a higher purpose" for Inhumans, that Lash will fight HiveWard, and they might kill each other.

I really feel like that episode was setting up some core time travel rules more than anything else. Every seconded scene was to reinforce that "whatever happened, happened"

I would not be surprised with a time travel centric episode before the season's end. Likely back in time based on the the rules underlined in this episode.

Time travel does seem like a good way to defeat Neo Ward - who is currently overpowered as all hell.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
a decent enough episode, but like soze said it did lay down groundwork for MCU time travel rules which is kind of a big deal

Ward looking good in his Neo coat. And I loved how Fitz was all "No no no time travel is just 4d you can't do shit about it." Really good episode, aside from the lame way Charles died at the end. And Andrew showing up out of nowhere was odd.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am curious about the power of that homeless guy. Does his power merely let the people sees the future, or does it include the death of a person?

If he didn't touch the owner of the grocery store, will the owner die but in another circumstances, at around the same time he did in this episode?

I am curious about the power of that homeless guy. Does his power merely let the people sees the future, or does it include the death of a person?

If he didn't touch the owner of the grocery store, will the owner die but in another circumstances, at around the same time he did in this episode?

Homeless guy sees death of the person he touched or the death of someone who will be close to the "touched" person at the moment of death. That means Daisy has to be in the shuttle/spaceship when it blows up (or close to it), but not that she will die.

Based on the rules of time presented in the show, the grocery store owner's death was always supposed to happen. The fact he touched him, and as a result of the touch he died, is meaningless as it was always meant to happen that way. He was always meant to die, he was always meant to be touched, and they were always meant to meet in the alley. It's not really cause before effect, or effect before cause, it's more cause and effect are intertwined under the rules Fitz laid out.

Because of the the time they took to explain these reasonings, I am predicting a time travel episode or story arc in coming weeks. I like time travel, even though it sometimes means shows use it as a "fix all" to tidy up flawed storylines, but based on Fitz's rules it could be fun in this show.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Homeless guy sees death of the person he touched or the death of someone who will be close to the "touched" person at the moment of death. That means Daisy has to be in the shuttle/spaceship when it blows up (or close to it), but not that she will die.

Based on the rules of time presented in the show, the grocery store owner's death was always supposed to happen. The fact he touched him, and as a result of the touch he died, is meaningless as it was always meant to happen that way. He was always meant to die, he was always meant to be touched, and they were always meant to meet in the alley. It's not really cause before effect, or effect before cause, it's more cause and effect are intertwined under the rules Fitz laid out.

Because of the the time they took to explain these reasonings, I am predicting a time travel episode or story arc in coming weeks. I like time travel, even though it sometimes means shows use it as a "fix all" to tidy yp storyline, but based on Fitz rules it could be fun in this show.

Alright thanks for clearing that up.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Finally watched the episode. Glad I could watch it during the week this time at least.

What follows are random thoughts, impressions, ideas and other stuff in no particular order.

• Simmons, underneath a fiery building where your friends and co-workers may or may not be dead is not the best place to be romantic.
  • Oh, hey look Neo-Ward.
  • So he's just Judgement Day-ing people? Meh.
  • Oh god, Malick just crushed that guy's head.
  • I'm guessing Malick saw his death at the hands of Hive.
  • So Charles got his dose of Terrigen from the rain? Noone is safe!
  • I like the pace of this episode compared to the last few. S2 of AoS had this really fast pace for plot points per episode and they weren't dragged out. This season not so much.
  • Where the hell was Mack this episode? Second episode since returning from break where he's just nowhere to be seen.
    It's because Andrew was in the episode, wasn't it?
  • I get it, Daisy gets whacked in the head is dazed and concussed so she can't used her powers well... is what I would say if she ever used her powers for something other than shockwave-beams. You have the power to control vibrations! You can literally stop someone in their tracks! Keep them from moving! Vibrate their weapons or internal organs or make a localized earthquake inside a room! Be creative!
  • I like when Coulson slips up and calls Daisy Skye. It's cute.
  • Speaking of Coulson, you don't get to fire people for not watching bad movies.
    Terminator is a really bad movie.
  • Is that scene where Lincoln gets smacked by the fire-extinguisher supposed to be comedic. 'Cause I laughed.
  • Also, calling it now, person that dies in space is Mack; Yo-yo gives him the cross and he sacrifices himself to save the world or something.

EDIT:

Right-click, Save As...

Seigyoku

Unrelated to the plot, Daisy's haircut looked especially cute this episode and I would kill, err, pay someone good money, to make my stupid hair look like that.

But seriously, Neo!Hive!Ward???

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Bring Lightning Guy along, gets knocked the fuck out first chance he gets at being helpful.

Seriously, why is this guy on the show again?

And Daisy is getting cuter every episode.

Khaz

I don't like bootstraps paradoxes. But we are all trying to explain the episode based on the assumption that the old dude gives visions of THE future. But what if he isn't? The problem of cause and effect and "what if he didn't?" can be neatly solved if his power wasn't to see the future, but to show the probability of an event happening. Knowing the future de facto changes the initial prediction of it, and you have to take into account the fact that you know about the prediction, in the prediction. Would Oedipus have killed his father was he not served the terrible prediction?

The power calculate the odds of death-related stuff happening without anyone's knowledge. Then calculate what would happen if this knowledge is passed on to the people currently touching. Then it shows the most likely outcome to them. One would be able to change the actual future by doing something completely stupid/unpredictable, but the odd of this happening would lessen by running the second step more than once. The convenient part is that it only shows bits and pieces of what is predicted to happen, so the details, the tiny variations that are unlikely to change the outcome aren't shown.

This would give convenient exits and red-herrings for the showrunners, to make heroes matter, but it doesn't seem to be the direction the show is taking, however. If the writers have given Fitz the correct explanation (was he ever wrong in this show?), then the timeline is immutable, both past and future can't be changed, what we glimpse of it will happen. This also clashes about what we know about about causality and randomness in current physics.

Apoc29

Matthew Willig was credited in this episode. Did they really need him to portray part of Lash's arm for the 3 seconds he was transforming? Maybe he was meant for a larger role, but was cut in favour of more scenes of Malick choking people.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Matthew Willig was credited in this episode. Did they really need him to portray part of Lash's arm for the 3 seconds he was transforming? Maybe he was meant for a larger role, but was cut in favour of more scenes of Malick choking people.

I mean they did show his face at least

Apoc29

I mean they did show his face at least

Must have been brief; missed it in the second I looked away.

Regarding Lash's role, I don't think he really fits into the show anymore now that he's lost his humanity. Even Hulk can be human sometimes.

Must have been brief; missed it in the second I looked away.

Regarding Lash's role, I don't think he really fits into the show anymore now that he's lost his humanity. Even Hulk can be human sometimes.

You missed Lash abruptly standing, growling, and pounding on the glass?

Anyway, we've seen firsthand Lash isn't exactly a mindless beast - he has even spoken as Lash, not Andrew - so now with Andrew "gone" maybe we'll get a chance to find out what he actually believes his purpose to be.

Top Bottom