• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Luigi87

So the bit I'm left wondering about is why Daisy didn't actually lead everyone off base, and therefore give Hive three more followers under the pretense of keeping the team safe. She had the perfect opportunity to do that instead of lead them into the containment trap.

And Hive knows the Daisy name by nature of knowing everything Daisy knows. But I guess whatever's left of Ward just doesn't care to call her that.

I think the way to look at it is that she isn't Hive per se, but as a drone she retains a sense of self, but her free will and desires are more or less skewed into devotion of Hive.
Basically nothing at all like how Myriad worked on Supergirl.

Wow. I'm going to have to rewatch this episode.

Does anyone know what that Kree Orb thing does? Also, I wonder if Hive is going to do the actual (for realsies) terrigen bomb.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Man, if they actually go through with setting off the Terrigen bomb... we'll never hear the end of #itsallconnectoneway

anaron

watching the west coast version right now

episode is already really great.

Yo-Yo <3

and yikes at the reveal to Coulson about infecting Inhumans. The tension is done really well.

Also I need to rewatch that Lincoln hallway fight scene cause that shit was badass with the Lightning whips and shit. Also I think the Civil War tie might be them suggesting help from the Avengers but them being unavailable due to their conflict with each other.

We're not going through the window so these inhumans have time to have drama lol

hot damn that was good episode. Daisy going heel.

Daisy and Ward together again. It's fate

Cuburt

They've done some cool uses of powers but the "Secret Warriors" consisting of adding 2 more members that only briefly appear previously in the season makes it feel like such a missed opportunity. Also, I've been giving Lincoln the benefit of the doubt, especially in terms of his powers, but wtf is this lightning tether shit?

This season started off well with a lot of potential but the way they have handled the new cast has been disappointing and the way they've handle the old cast after the midseason has been a complete lack of any compelling arcs.

I'm hoping the end of the season saves it but it feels like a step down from season 2. I thought the Inhumans arc would inject some freshness after a whole season of set up, but even with Powers Boothe as a villain and superpowers, it feels so dull.

Edit: okay this episode is ending up better than I thought, but it's only because it's character driven.

mreddie

They've done some cool uses of powers but the "Secret Warriors" consisting of adding 2 more members that only briefly appear previously in the season makes it feel like such a missed opportunity. Also, I've been giving Lincoln the benefit of the doubt, especially in terms of his powers, but wtf is this lightning tether shit?

This season started off well with a lot of potential but the way they have handled the new cast has been disappointing and the way they've handle the old cast after the midseason has been a complete lack of any compelling arcs.

I'm hoping the end of the season saves it but it feels like a step down from season 2. I thought the Inhumans arc would inject some freshness after a whole season of set up, but even with Powers Boothe as a villain and superpowers, it feels so dull.

The whole Secret Warriors thing finally paid off only for SHIELD to be like
"THEY BRAINWASHED, CAN'T TRUSS THEM" and Boothe while delivered, felt liked he really didn't do much, also the backdoor pilot to Most Wanted and them forgetting Simmons having PTSD, Fitz getting better and Ward still there kinda feels like they are waiting for that Civil War. They better find a way to have less filler next season unless they think they can tie in to Guardians 2.

Geez at the amount of gore on this show.

*Simmons prepares to cut into Lucio's head*
Guess we'll just hear-
*shows her peeling away the skin*
-it
*shows her removing part of his skull*
Ugh

*Daisy sends Malick into the wall*
Old man like that, probably dead already-
*Proceeds to make his eyes bleed*
-apparently not

People really think there's gonna be a big tie in to Civil War. I honestly see it no different from AoU last season. The conflict in Civil War doesn't really affect them like TWS did. I mean I could be wrong though plus remember they advertised it during S1 that it was gonna effect the show(even going as far as having an encore presentation).

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is there anywhere to watch the final scene? Stupid election coverage pushed it past my DVR recording time.

Cuburt

People really think there's gonna be a big tie in to Civil War. I honestly see it no different from AoU last season. The conflict in Civil War doesn't really affect them like TWS did. I mean I could be wrong though plus remember they advertised it during S1 that it was gonna effect the show(even going as far as having an encore presentation).
Maybe this episode was the tie-in, hero vs hero. ;P

I do think you are right that this is more like season 2 with AoU than Season 1 with TWS.

Also I need to rewatch that Lincoln hallway fight scene cause that shit was badass with the Lightning whips and shit. Also I think the Civil War tie might be them suggesting help from the Avengers but them being unavailable due to their conflict with each other.

Ant Man would really help with Hive
just get inside Wards body and fuck his day up

Cuburt

Lol at how they found a way to fulfill some skyeward shippers' wishes.

This whole season was nothing more than a ruse to set up to some shipping fantasies.

LaNaranja

When is Deathlok coming back? I wouldn't mind him, Creel, and the redhead joining the team. I was really disappointed "assembling the Secret Warriors" just meant picking up Joey and Yo-yo.

Lol at how they found a way to fulfill some skyeward shippers' wishes.

This whole season was nothing more than a ruse to set up to some shipping fantasies.

then fitzsimmons will pull some science bullshit outta their ass and somehow save ward and cockblock Lincoln even harder

Neoxon

I won't lie, I didn't see the Daisy twist coming.

How they'll cure her of Hive's control is something that I'm curious about, more so than the damage that she'll do with Hive.

squall23

Oh hey look, incoming "use powers to full potential as a bad guy and get nerfed back to hell when turned back into a good guy" cliche.

vivftp

So... how many episodes until they sick Lash on Hive Ward so they can do their epic battle we all know is eventually gonna come?

I'm liking the way things are going. Keep it up Marvel!

The Kree orb looks like the same thing Star Lord was after in Guardians.

Crazy ep. Daisy bringing shit down.
Wait, that was a infinity stone right. It can't be the same, no way will an infinity stone be introduced on AOS.

Unless they pass the orb to Hills or Wong and then they pass it to the real movies stars.

Ade

The stone was in the orb in GotG, much like a troll also was.

That Kree orb ain't an infinity stone, at best it's in a similar container

Gambit

fantastic episode. I have to admit, I also didn't see the Daisy twist coming. They played up the paranoia really well.

I was a little disappointed when they said it was Lincoln and he had been turned a while ago. Especially since they've started turning him into an actual character recently. It would have been a waste to have that be Evil Lincoln. Much better twist this way.

To fight Hive they should call in Creel, Deathlock and other powered people who are not Inhuman. Lash could maybe also be turned

BBboy20

IDFk3np.jpg
K1p2XDX.jpg

WCAxu1k.gif
tumblr_miltbjZCm81s0u641o2_500.gif

Lincoln was actually enjoyable with those new moves & getting swerved.

But seriously: Quake as a villain is about as a worst-case scenario you can get.

Geez at the amount of gore on this show.

*Simmons prepares to cut into Lucio's head*
Guess we'll just hear-
*shows her peeling away the skin*
-it
*shows her removing part of his skull*
Ugh

*Daisy sends Malick into the wall*
Old man like that, probably dead already-
*Proceeds to make his eyes bleed*
-apparently not

I had to look it up and this show is PG, lol. Funny that they're getting away with this.

I bet the Daredevil & Jessica Jones writers be like, "We need to dissolve a body from flesh to bone on our show too."

Top Bottom