• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I had to look it up and this show is PG, lol. Funny that they're getting away with this.

I bet the Daredevil & Jessica Jones writers be like, "We need to dissolve a body from flesh to bone on our show too."

I mean Daredevil did have a guy get decapitated via car door slam tho

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so at this point I'm assuming they're going to find some kind of cure for Daisy by the end of the season

my question is, what happens if they give it to Ward? Does he just die, or does he get de-Hive'd?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
hn3R3d7.gif

georly

Haven't watched a single episode of season 3, plan on getting caught up next week - so I have a question before I watch:

Are they doing the thing where the episodes are building up for the upcoming movie? That they'll be tied in, somehow?

Haven't watched a single episode of season 3, plan on getting caught up next week - so I have a question before I watch:

Are they doing the thing where the episodes are building up for the upcoming movie? That they'll be tied in, somehow?

There's no obvious tie in yet, so it'll probably be like last season where the tie in is only in the episode before and after the film's opening weekend.

georly

There's no obvious tie in yet, so it'll probably be like last season where the tie in is only in the episode before and after the film's opening weekend.

Alrighty. I mean, yeah, it was super minor last season (we totally still had a helicarrier you guys), and I assume it'll be super minor this year, too.

• I don't think Lash's ability to open holes in people can cure Hive infections.
  • Maybe FitzSimmons (Fitz was so cheesy in this episode, classic Fitz) will find something in that building Giyera raided.
  • So are we going to see that nuke? Terrigen bomb?
  • SkyeWard has always been weird. Remember when Skye shot Ward in S2? Or when Agent 13 turned into Skye to try to seduce Ward?

Kaizer

Banned
Haven't posted in this thread since last November's finale, but last night's episode was probably the best of the season thus far. I don't know why, but A.O.S. always seems to be at its best when there's a general sense of paranoia/dread & betrayal lingering throughout the atmosphere. I was definitely reminded of Season 1s "Turn,Turn,Turn" last night and that's a good thing.

I really like Yo-Yo & I hope she becomes a regular on the show. Chloe Bennett pulled off the creepy possessed vibe really well - SkyeWard lives again! Loved seeing Daisy dismantle the base as she peaced out lol

• I don't think Lash's ability to open holes in people can cure Hive infections.
  • Maybe FitzSimmons (Fitz was so cheesy in this episode, classic Fitz) will find something in that building Giyera raided.

[*]So are we going to see that nuke? Terrigen bomb?
  • SkyeWard has always been weird. Remember when Skye shot Ward in S2? Or when Agent 13 turned into Skye to try to seduce Ward?

Dang, forgot about the nuke. These next few episodes are going to be LIT.

SRG01

Yes Fitzsimmons!

Oh and everything else this episode lol

Lincoln is finally awesome.

For once, the actor actually seemed like he was acting :D

edit: My speculation is that the orb is a container to trap Hive, since Jiaying was always afraid of Hive coming back. Sending Daisy to get the orb is to remove potential means of opposition.

• So are we going to see that nuke? Terrigen bomb?

Their going to replace the nuke stuff with the terrigen crystals turning it into a terrigen bomb

I knew it was a red herring about Lincoln being the mole. Also Coulsen was easily deceived, that is unlike him. For a moment i thought when Daisy destroyed the lock to the door, i thought that Coulsen and the gang will be waiting for her. On the bright side Daisy got back to Ward.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So glad this episode rocked last night. After a sub-par Supergirl finale and a rare terrible Flash episode, this one got me back on the hype train. I actually didn't see the swerve coming (or at least I didn't want to see it coming). I did make a mental note of how easy it was for Daisy to waltz through the base and do all the stuff she did and never get caught. That seemed out of place when we're trained as viewers to always anticipate a conflict when a hero goes into the villains lair.

Small gripe: Mind control is hard for Coulson to comprehend yet meanwhile on Jessica Jones

The events of Jessica Jones happened on a relatively small scale that I could see not making national headlines for various reasons. It probably flew completely under SHIELD's radar.

I also don't think he had a hard time comprehending that mind control could exist, since he immediately acted on Malick's tip despite having no proof.

Magwik

Banned
The events of Jessica Jones happened on a relatively small scale that I could see not making national headlines for various reasons. It probably flew completely under SHIELD's radar.

I also don't think he had a hard time comprehending that mind control could exist, since he immediately acted on Malick's tip despite having no proof.
Still they could have at least thrown a bone.
"you mean like mind control? Is that even possible"
"I heard of something similar happen in Hells Kitchen not long ago"

jmood88

Stuff like this happens in real life, too, with far more mundane things than mind control.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Sounds forced, especially when they dealt with brain washing in the same series.

Fitz simmons fanservice was the BEST thing about this episode , aside from lincoln using his electric lasso .

Overall , excellent , coulson pounding on the door at the end was great ..Can't wait for next week.

How come Coulson did not assign any of the SWAT people or even one of the team members to guard Malick when he was very well knew one of the Inhuman's is compromised. It seems like an oversight that they have this high priority prisoner who is willingly spilling his guts out and nobody is guarding him.

How come Coulson did not assign any of the SWAT people or even one of the team members to guard Malick when he was very well knew one of the Inhuman's is compromised. It seems like an oversight that they have this high priority prisoner who is willingly spilling his guts out and nobody is guarding him.

Who said nobody was guarding him? It's entirely possible Daisy dealt with any such guard offscreen.

(That would be a hell of a plot point to come up later, if there were more murders on Daisy's hands that we didn't know about.)

Who said nobody was guarding him? It's entirely possible Daisy dealt with any such guard offscreen.

(That would be a hell of a plot point to come up later, if there were more murders on Daisy's hands that we didn't know about.)
Well when Fitz/Simmons went by the room there were no bodies around and Malick was in there by himself. Then when Daisy went in she appeared to have been alone. Unless the bodies disappeared after Daisy killed them on the outside of the room where the bomb would not have hit them then I am not sure about there being anybody guarding him.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well when Fitz/Simmons went by the room there were no bodies around and Malick was in there by himself. Then when Daisy went in she appeared to have been alone. Unless the bodies disappeared after Daisy killed them on the outside of the room where the bomb would not have hit them then I am not sure about there being anybody guarding him.

She could've done the ol' "Coulson needs you two in the hangar. I'll stand watch."

Did the brig they held Ward in get destroyed? I think it's weirder that they didn't use that room.

Cuburt

I may have missed something but is Coulson still working for the government at this point?

I assume that's why they have way more "redshirt" agents at their disposal now.

Sadist

I may have missed something but is Coulson still working for the government at this point?

I assume that's why they have way more "redshirt" agents at their disposal now.
President Ellis gave SHIELD the nod in the episode where Bobbi and Hunter left. Essentially they're the ATCU right now. At least, if they don't get caught. If that's the case Ellis won't know a thing.

As for this episode...

- Yo-Yo likes Mack! And twenty minutes later she doesn't.
- Lol at the FitzSimmons research, the skull lifting was pretty graphic hehe.
- Damnit Leo and Gemma, stop being so adorable together!
- Lincoln finally seems capable! Dude had some great moves.
- What's with the Inhuman (Hive's right hand man) and his obsession for fireestuingishers? Dude really loves to knock people out with those.
- And damnit Daisy, damnit!
- Ward still want that Skye booty. With Hive still having all of those memories, I wonder if he really is in control. Killing Malick's daughter seems like decades worth of revenge and now with specificly turning Daisy... I think Hive doesn't have a real mind of his own. Sure, he has basic desires, but anything else is up un the air.

Just got caught up. I thought this week's episode was fantastic. I legit did not see that coming at all. I was convinced it was Lincoln under Hives control.

Dude the last 4 episodes have just been great great stuff in my opinion

Top Bottom