• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I decided to jump back onto this show with the most recent episode (
Daisy gets possessed
), and I was so utterly lost. Holy shit things have changed. When I left I think Samuel L Jackson had just made an appearance? Or was that a fevered dream?

He did but it was only like one episode in season 1. You've missed out on QUITE a lot. If you're gonna watch, I recommend starting from the beginning if possible. Season 2 at the very least is worth watching in it's entirety as a starting point.

EDIT: ImDB says he appeared on the 2nd and 22nd episode of the first season.

Apt101

He did but it was only like one episode in season 1. You've missed out on QUITE a lot. If you're gonna watch, I recommend starting from the beginning if possible. Season 2 at the very least is worth watching in it's entirety as a starting point.

OK, I am clearly conflating things in my head. For example, I watched far enough along to see
agent what's his name turn out to be a member of Hydra

Khaz

No he did a second cameo to take Simmons and Fitz off the water, and also to bring Coulson his big gun.

You stopped watching right when it started to become interesting. Like, full tonal shift after these Shield/Hydra episodes.

OK, I am clearly conflating things in my head. For example, I watched far enough along to see
That's around the time Winter Soldier came out and close to the end of season. Maybe 3-4 episodes before.
No he did a second cameo to take Simmons and Fitz off the water, and also to bring Coulson his big gun.

You stopped watching right when it started to become interesting. Like, full tonal shift after these Shield/Hydra episodes.
He's right though. Season 2 was just non-stop greatness.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

that's about at the end of season 1

you need to watch all of season 2, or none of what's happening in the show now is going to make any sense

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Cg0qb3JWMAAnCDk.jpg:orig
Fitz as the next James Bond please.

So, if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. follows the recent trend of TV shows killing off its female co-lead...

Can Melinda May be the next one?

#FallenAgent

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So, if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. follows the recent trend of TV shows killing off its female co-lead...

Can Melinda May be the next one?

#FallenAgent

We all know it's going to be Simmons :p

#beautifulspace

Lincoln makes the most sense to die. He's in it for Daisy, and the death of her current boyfriend at the hands of her ex-boyfriend will break her of Hive's control.

That would turn the cast back to Original 6, but with Mack as the new Ward.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
After that clip I realized there probably isn't anyone in the MCU that has been screwed on a more consistent basis than Coulson. Off the top of my head:

- Dies.
- Is revived by a fucked-up procedure.
- Agency he dedicated his life to turns out to be controlled by the enemy.
- One of the agents he personally chose and trusted betrays him hardcore.
- Is haunted by crazy alien shit that randomly compels him to draw carvings.
- Loses hand.
- Loses Rosalind.
- Kills Ward, but that leads to his body being used as a vessel to a powerful alien creature that also has access to his memories.
- Loses Daisy (for now).

Being Coulson is suffering.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
After that clip I realized there probably isn't anyone in the MCU that has been screwed on a more consistent basis than Coulson. Off the top of my head:

- Dies.
- Is revived by a fucked-up procedure.
- Agency he dedicated his life to turns out to be controlled by the enemy.
- One of the agents he personally chose and trusted betrays him hardcore.
- Is haunted by crazy alien shit that randomly compels him to draw carvings.
- Loses hand.
- Loses Rosalind.
- Kills Ward, but that leads to his body being used as a vessel to a powerful alien creature that also has access to his memories.
- Loses Daisy (for now).

Being Coulson is suffering.

You forgot:

- Is forced to walk away from cellist girlfriend in Portland and never tell her he's alive
- Finds out the head of his organization (Fury) hasn't been trusting him and commissioned one of his hand-picked, most trusted agents (May) to spy and report on him

I know, stupid season one stuff, but it still counts.

[edit] Oh, and he doesn't get to tell his hero, Captain America, that he's alive and still loves him

Fuu

Good call, those definitely count too. Poor guy goes through so much shit that it's hard to even keep track.

CbtTcTf.gif

Season 4, Punished Coulson will establish Outer Heaven, a nation of spies.

We'll also learn that Ward was a clone of Coulson with all the dominant genes.
Coulson will get shot in the face at the end of season 3, but he will miraculously survive at the loss of an eye.

He will be in a deep coma for a long time because of this and he will only wake up in the middle of season 4 when the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarter will be attacked by the newly reborn Hydra.

Coulson is the #FallenAgent

jph139

Yeah, there's a spoiler. Feels kind of minor in the grand scheme though and doesn't necessarily imply anything about how the movie ends.

Spoilers only on the synopsis:
SHIELD will have to register Inhumans, but we already know the registration bill has passed. They're at the same place the Avengers are at the start of Civil War.

Fuu

Can someone confirm if the spoiler is in this episode or the next?

I normally wouldn't care too much, but I'm pretty close to watching the movie (releases on the 28th here), so I'd rather not watch the episode until next week.

Can someone confirm if the spoiler is in this episode or the next?

I normally wouldn't care too much, but I'm pretty close to watching the movie (releases on the 28th here), so I'd rather not watch the episode until next week.
I was checking the Wikipedia for the show and it says the episode with the spoiler doesn't air until May 10th. Also, I checked another website and it mentions the same thing that the Synopsis with the spoiler is the May 10th episode. Which would make sense since Civil War releases May 6th here.

Fuu

I was checking the Wikipedia for the show and it says the episode with the spoiler doesn't air until May 10th. Also, I checked another website and it mentions the same thing that the Synopsis with the spoiler is the May 10th episode. Which would make sense since Civil War releases May 6th here.
Sweet, thanks. It would be weird if they didn't schedule it right, even if it's something minor.

Top Bottom