• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

I think the next actor to be called into the office should probably worry. They call in Brett Dalton - "Oh yeah, you're Hydra now." They call in Chloe "Oh yeah, you're evil and mind controlled now." Who's next? Simmons gets called in "Oh yeah, you can't make delicious sandwiches anymore."

I think they already called simmons to tell her that they wanted to make an entire ep about her stranded on another planet.

I worry about mack , personnally

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Finally watched it, t'was a good episode.

Random thoughts, ideas, stray thoughts and stuff in no particular order follow:

• It's kinda laughable how ineffective anyone outside of the Team is in S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • I like Lincoln's Cole Macgrath powers. Looks neat.
  • I kinda tuned out the whole scene with Fitzsimmons talking about space, did I miss anything?
  • Anyone else find the Spanish kinda stilted?
  • It's neat to see a character feel bad for killing a dude. Everyone else is so casual about it.
  • It was obvious that Joey and Yoyo were like communism.
  • "I met Gods. Gods bleed." #ItsAllConnected
  • I like the visuals for Yoyo slingshotting. The "jump" is neat.
  • The moment they figured out it was Lincoln, I figured it was Daisy. It was obvious, since we actually saw Lincoln not get turned in front of Hive.
  • Haha, I can skip through election news! Suck it live viewers!
  • Skaisy got out waaaay too easily. Again, all of the S.H.I.E.L.D. mooks are super ineffective. I mean, sure, she's a master hacker who programmed all the security measures and probably added a back-door for her or something but that's me handwaving it, that's not really explained in the show.
  • Man the Secret Warriors were short-lived.

Cuburt

They will find a cure, use it to cure Daisy, and use it to kill Hive, leaving Wards healed body and memories alive.

Calling it now. It's how the show runners are going to get Ward back.

That's what I was thinking after this episode as well.

The seeds of the resolution seem to all be there: Mind control parasites do no permanent damage, they need to find a cure but don't have one yet, and Ward was dead but his body has been healed due to Hive's regeneration ability. The cure with likely be the only way they can defeat Hive and since it's a cure, it might "cure" Ward as well.

Not only that, these last few episodes have me convinced that they won't scrap Ward just because his body is being used as a vessel for Hive since it doesn't even feel like a good place to end the character. Coulson killing him on that planet was better. Him being Hive, even with Wards memories resurfacing in the last few episodes, still feels like a poor resolution.

But lol if they really kill him off and next episode's Skyeward moment is some preemptive apology to Skyeward shippers.

Daisy being infected was a nice swerve ball. Thought for sure she'd be the one with plot armour and to some extent she will have plot armour, but it was nice to see them take a risk and make her the infected one.

Dalek

Really great episode. I really love the Secret Warrirors team as well. Daisy bringing the base down as she left was really an oh shit moment.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
oQw4FJd.gif

She went IN.

Good for her. And him.

[*]Skaisy got out waaaay too easily. Again, all of the S.H.I.E.L.D. mooks are super ineffective. I mean, sure, she's a master hacker who programmed all the security measures and probably added a back-door for her or something but that's me handwaving it, that's not really explained in the show.

She literally had a line that said she did that. She designed the security so she knew how to bypass it.

Famassu

At first I suspected YoYo since she had gotten those wounds and I thought maybe those would be an easy way of Hive to infest someone. Then I wondered if Metalmelting-Man might've gotten some Hive-infestation on him when he killed that Eye-freeze dude. But I started to suspect Daisy pretty soon after things started escalating. I wasn't dead certain, but she was a bit too eager to leave the base suddenly when they were all in the same room. It was pretty obvious later on that Electro-Boy was just getting mad & frustrated as he's wont to do and wasn't being controlled by anyone/-thing. YoYo & Metalmelting-Man were a bit too genuinely freaked to be likely candidates at that point.

It was a good idea to not watch this show for a few weeks. Watching four episodes in a row is a much better way to watch this than one episode per week.

I have a feeling that today's whole conversation was foreshadowing Simmons or Fitz's death in space.

"Now space finally has something beautiful in it."

No. I will never watch another Mutant Enemy production if that happens. I'm still pissed about the Winifred/Illyria and Wesley situation.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If Daisy and Ward make out next episode that'll be some Purple Man shit

Next Ward will have people hanging themselves and slitting their own throats and letting him live in their condos

Yeah, but that would be too obvious just like Yoyo being the one to die due to the necklace.
I'm thinking it's either Hive and Lash, or it's just a jacket floating.
Since it was seen in one of those death visions, the implication is someone will die up there. So far, the only one not to play out exactly as seen was the first one Daisy saw (and even then, there was still a death, so maybe it played out like it was supposed to, too).

aBarreras

i didnt like how fast Yo-Yo started to hate everybody, i mean, i know things are hard on colombia and you dont trust any goverment, but not all the freaking things are black and white, SHIELD proceed as they should

mreddie

The last 4-5 episodes summaries revealed.

TUESDAY, APRIL 26 (9:00 PM ET on ABC) – “The Singularity”

FOUR EPISODES LEFT! The S.H.I.E.L.D. team is left reeling and decimated as Hive continues to sway Inhumans to his side. But there is a sliver of hope, as Agents Fitz and Simmons follow a lead that may be able to stop the maniacal Inhuman once and for all.

TUESDAY, MAY 3 (9:00 PM ET on ABC) – “Failed Experiments”

THREE EPISODES LEFT! Loyalties are tested and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team must seek a decisive resolution to the looming Hive threat. As Daisy’s prophecy ticks closer and the stakes get higher, join S.H.I.E.L.D. as we hurtle towards the dramatic season finale.

TUESDAY, MAY 10 (9:00 PM ET on ABC) – “Emancipation”

TWO EPISODES LEFT! In the aftermath of the events of Marvel’s "Captain America: Civil War," S.H.I.E.L.D. feels pressure to reveal their involvement with Inhumans. But with the stakes higher than ever and Hive growing stronger, the team is tested in ways they could never anticipate. Watch the shocking all-new episode.

TUESDAY, MAY 17 (9:00 PM ET on ABC) – “Absolution” & “Ascension”

THE EPIC TWO-HOUR FINALE! #FallenAgent is revealed! It’s a showdown a season in the making as the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. try to thwart Hive’s master plan and take him down once and for all. But not everyone will survive the epic battle in the must-see Season 3 finale. Tune-in to find out who will live and who will die.

FOUR EPISODES LEFT! The S.H.I.E.L.D. team is left reeling and decimated as Hive continues to sway Inhumans to his side. But there is a sliver of hope, as Agents Fitz and Simmons follow a lead that may be able to stop the maniacal Inhuman once and for all.

THREE EPISODES LEFT! Loyalties are tested and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team must seek a decisive resolution to the looming Hive threat. As Daisy’s prophecy ticks closer and the stakes get higher, join S.H.I.E.L.D. as we hurtle towards the dramatic season finale.

TWO EPISODES LEFT! In the aftermath of the events of Marvel’s "Captain America: Civil War," S.H.I.E.L.D. feels pressure to reveal their involvement with Inhumans. But with the stakes higher than ever and Hive growing stronger, the team is tested in ways they could never anticipate. Watch the shocking all-new episode.

THE EPIC TWO-HOUR FINALE! #FallenAgent is revealed! It’s a showdown a season in the making as the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. try to thwart Hive’s master plan and take him down once and for all. But not everyone will survive the epic battle in the must-see Season 3 finale. Tune-in to find out who will live and who will die.

Shit about to get real.

alvmew

I have a feeling that today's whole conversation was foreshadowing Simmons or Fitz's death in space.

I will murder you if this happens. God no. ;-;

No. I will never watch another Mutant Enemy production if that happens. I'm still pissed about the Winifred/Illyria and Wesley situation.

“Why can’t I stay?”

The end of "A Hole in the World" absolutely destroys me.

I looked at the casting for the episode titled
"Failed Experiments."

Beside the usual ensemble, there are
"Kree Reaper 1"
and
"Kree Reaper 2"
in the listing.

I hope the episode goes more mytho.

aBarreras

fuck this, since Civil War hits the theaters on april 29 here in mexico, we are out schedule, we should watch first "Failed Experiments" but that will air like 5 days after the movie, damn.... should i wait until i watch the episode?... last year, as soon as i watched the episode before AoU i went to the movie and it was awesome,

It should be easy to cure the infected Inhumans. A quick google result gave me this:

Oral antifungal drugs currently in use include itraconazole, fluconazole, ketoconazole and terbinafine. They are reserved for extensive or severe infection...

Geist-

Only just now watching the new episode, but can I just say that I was really sad to see what happened to Malick's daughter. I thought she was going to be a great character, maybe a regular eventually. Man, that death hurt more than I was expecting.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Can I say how much I appreciate the whole "You're a spy, learn Spanish." bit? Because I do.

Now I hope this happens. Just to fuck with people.

Just caught up and this episode had some great action in the front half, fantastic tension and twist in the back. One of the best episodes yet, easily the best of the season.

And damn, Lincoln was surprisingly cool in this episode. I might actually have to start liking him.

FitzxPictureofSpace

Top Bottom