• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Chase17

Disappointing lack of asian Magneto. Did something happen to him? Can't remember.

I'm a bit surprised about how little I've missed hunter and bobbi.

Dysun

Mack is filling the role of the team glue that Daisy was in season 1. Now that Daisy is getting groomed for leading her own team, Mack being the team bro is a natural role for Mack.

Mack is more is useful to the team than Hunter ever was. Hunter's humor is missed though.
Hunter is never missed

How this clown is expected to co-lead a show is beyond me

Has anyone made the connection between Fitz saying that picture of space is beautiful and the SHIELD agent being killed in space? (I'm sure lots of people have noticed that already, I'm just slow)

Rip Fitz

Has anyone made the connection between Fitz saying that picture of space is beautiful and the SHIELD agent being killed in space? (I'm sure lots of people have noticed that already, I'm just slow)

Rip Fitz

67cb54695a1e618128edc5c4336ef2c2d7bd16e7576e9b4d1415f2cc302e5038.jpg

Insert Fitz's head.

im' not sure consent laws count if you're dead

Always good to cover your bases.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
don't you put that out there

plus, doesn't an inhuman need to be turned before they can be controlled?

yes but HIVE is always inside a walking human corpse anyway

maybe he can control all corpses, and he doesn't just kill the inhumans first because he genuinely believes he's supposed to lead them into his utopia or whatever

im' not sure consent laws count if you're dead

considering the fact that Hive can control dead bodies, and can spread his parasites around at will, i see no reason he can't control multiple bodies at once, escpeially two, very able bodies
Wouldn't they have noticed something on Simmons if she died? Some sort of trauma?

Zomba13

She gives it to Mack... Mack gonna die.

Nah, Mack can't die. I won't allow it.

It'll be Mr I Melt Metal Man. The first new guy Daisy recruited to her team, the cross is a red herring (we'll think it's her then that is too obvious, she gives it to Mack, we think it's him but it's not). Mr Melty would then have the emotional impact on Daisy of being responsible for his death (training him, bringing him into this, maybe even killing him in Bad Daisy mode).

Either that or one of Fitzsimmons will go because the two nerds can never be happy.

Imagine if Hive made Jemma had sex with Fitz to repay him (via mind control or something like that), like if Ward wanted to atone for his sins after the ocean thing. Fitz would blast himself off into space with Hive to kill himself because of the remorse and Hive because of what he did so far.

Zomba13

Kills the parasite but keeps the body (and host mind) alive.

Can totally see Hive getting killed (or removed or banished back to the planet or whatever) and Ward being ok. Like Hive repaired the damage to the body so it's alive again but without Hive driving it's now blank. Like Ward is alive, well but no memory, or just fragments of memory. This somehow gives him the ability to perfectly copy any action he sees performed and becomes Taskmaster.

El Topo

Can totally see Hive getting killed (or removed or banished back to the planet or whatever) and Ward being ok. Like Hive repaired the damage to the body so it's alive again but without Hive driving it's now blank. Like Ward is alive, well but no memory, or just fragments of memory. This somehow gives him the ability to perfectly copy any action he sees performed and becomes Taskmaster.

You guys are never going to let that go, are you?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This dead Jemma theory is grim as fuck lol. But yeah, it doesn't work as far as what we know of how Hive works.

-For humans he needs to physically jump from one dead human body to another in order to be able to control it. He retains memories from all the hosts he used, but can only use the body of a single one. The body remains technically dead, but he's able to restore it by sucking the life from other bodies.

-For Inhumans he applies a different form of control, more akin to a hivemind (lol). He makes other Inhumans feel good for doing what he wants and in turn they become heavily "addicted" to him. As of now this form of control doesn't seem to have any limitations, it continues as long as Hive is alive and his parasites remain inside the infected Inhuman.

Apoc29

Talbot: We're about to defeat Hydra now, and...oh my god, Captain America is cleaning house. Coulson, are you getting this? And there's Iron Man! He's lighting them up real good! This is unbelievable. Uh oh, it's all over now. Here comes the Hulk. Coulson, I wish you could see what I'm seeing!

jGCfqJp.jpg

Talbot: We're about to defeat Hydra now, and...oh my god, Captain America is cleaning house. Coulson, are you getting this? And there's Iron Man! He's lighting them up real good! This is unbelievable. Uh oh, it's all over now. Here comes the Hulk. Coulson, I wish you could see what I'm seeing!

jGCfqJp.jpg

Godzilla-2014-MUTO-fight-news-TV.png

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

jGCfqJp.jpg

Seriously though.

This was a strange subplot they brought up from almost nowhere.
Is that it for HYDRA now? Just HIVE and co left? (And Zemo I suppose)

Well, yeah, they had to do something to show they got rid of Hydra, given the back half of this season established that there was still an entire ruling body that was just somehow exceptionally well-hidden and didn't bother asserting themselves when Ward claimed Hydra for himself. Written out about as fast as they were written in.

Zomba13

Seriously though.

This was a strange subplot they brought up from almost nowhere.
Is that it for HYDRA now? Just HIVE and co left? (And Zemo I suppose)

Need to get rid of Hydra for the MCU where Hyrda was wiped out in Age of Ultron. Gotta keep pretending it's all connected.

aBarreras

so i suppose that this episode explains the lack of hydra on Civil War? i havent watched the movie im just wondering, because yeah, the movies from the captain have always been around HYDRA and then suddenly there is no more HYDRA? well! this episode explains it!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
so i suppose that this episode explains the lack of hydra on Civil War? i havent watched the movie im just wondering, because yeah, the movies from the captain have always been around HYDRA and then suddenly there is no more HYDRA? well! this episode explains it!
I haven't watched CW yet either, but I think it's supposed to be:

-If you only watch the movies: the Avengers were successful in eliminating all the remnant active Hydra bases in Age of Ultron.

-If you watch AoS: SHIELD and the USA government continued to fight Hydra on the sidelines and were successful in eliminating the organization in the latest episode.

Top Bottom