• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OH NO

i got a free ticket to an early showing of Civil War - it's 3 hours before AoS airs

i'm going to watch an MCU thing out of order!

tumblr_o696wbMCzl1u8gyf8o1_500.jpg

Swag-ger.

Parch

The last few episodes have actually been watchable instead of a bunch of boring and melodramatic dialogue. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season plays out.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just watched the episode. Was it me, or was Coulson holding onto one of his blood soaked Captain America cards while watching Hydra get taken down? You never really got a clear view of it, but it certainly looked similar.
Yep.

SODJD32.png

Huh, that's pretty cool

Jeez

the first major connection in awhile

I wonder if the Civil War crossover will be anything of Note

Wouldnt mind tying in some of the Netflix stuff too.... but that might be asking too much lol

Seriously though MCU has played it safe with world building connections.

AOS was an exception for awhile with Movie cast cameos

gazele

Banned
Jeez

the first major connection in awhile

I wonder if the Civil War crossover will be anything of Note

Wouldnt mind tying in some of the Netflix stuff too.... but that might be asking too much lol

Seriously though MCU has played it safe with world building connections.

AOS was an exception for awhile with Movie cast cameos

I'm expecting almost no crossover or tie-in at all

Probably a "hey, did you hear tony stark and captain america are fighting in jersey (or wherever?)"
"Well we're busy with HIVE, let me know who wins"

I'm expecting almost no crossover or tie-in at all

Probably a "hey, did you hear tony stark and captain america are fighting in jersey (or wherever?)"
"Well we're busy with HIVE, let me know who wins"

Pretty much

Hopefully the Netflix stuff has enough weight to get at least some movie crossover...

I mean Punisher, Kingpin, Daredevil scream Spiderman to the rooftops

and yet Tony Stark is the first crossover

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I just saw this video, and in it Clark Gregg admits that the powers that be are preventing any sort of significant crossover between the Netflix series and the ABC series. Minuscule cameos in the form of a news channel ticker is the best we can have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BIFqOUbgg1I?#t=4m33s

Don't know when it is but there's another part where someone starts reading something like "Will there every be a crossover between the fi.." stops and moves on :lol

Neoxon

And Cap still doesn't know Coulson is alive.

He should know to be honest.
The events of the show have finally been referenced in the WHIH News segments (which are closely tied to the movies). That being said, Coulson made it his business to keep the fact that he's alive a secret. My guess, he knows that his death brought the Avengers together, so he fears that the fact of his survival would impact the Avengers.
Though having seen Civil War, it's a bit late for that.

vivftp

Hmmm, I'm probably reading too much into things, but something felt off about the end of the last episode. When Fitz and Simmons went to meet with Radcliffe we got a very good look at the hallway leading up to the elevator that took them down to him. When Hive confronted Simmons, it was just as she came out of the elevator. He backed her down to the other end of the hallway, she shot him and then she ran back in the direction of the elevator. There was nothing else in that direction other than the elevator, so where the heck was she running to? If escape was her priority then she should have run in the opposite direction.

Yeah, I'm probably reading too much into that, but it just seemed odd.

antonz

The Power struggle that took place that led to Feige getting full creative control of the movies more than likely poisoned the well of crossovers. It is a shame because there really is no reason for such childish behavior between the divisions. Marvel TV especially when it loses the constraints of network tv is fantastic and even the network stuff is not horrible.

Ike and Kevin need to hug and make up so we can get this stuff connected like it was promised from the start

The Power struggle that took place that led to Feige getting full creative control of the movies more than likely poisoned the well of crossovers. It is a shame because there really is no reason for such childish behavior between the divisions. Marvel TV especially when it loses the constraints of network tv is fantastic and even the network stuff is not horrible.

Ike and Kevin need to hug and make up so we can get this stuff connected like it was promised from the start

At the same time, you've got tone to deal with.

Khaz

At the same time, you've got tone to deal with.

But tone has nothing to do with characters? There is nothing R-rated in the character Daredevil or Matt Murdock, and him making an appearance doesn't automatically switch the family friendly show that is Agents of Shield
lol
to an R-rated bloodfest.

Besides, the barrage is both ways, no agent is going to Daredevil either.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just watched this week's episode (and consequently caught up a bit with the thread) and I have to say, I am still just utterly baffled by people who are either surprised or bothered by fitz and summons getting together.

It's like, what show have you been watching? Cuz it sure as shit aint Agents of Shield.

JustinBB7

My hopes for any marvel crossover (between netflix/abc and the movies) get lower each day. It's just not going to happen.

It's weird how easy it is for DC but yet so hard for Marvel. Yea 3 of their shows are on the same network, but Supergirl is on a completely different network and has a different style and they got that to work just fine.

duckroll

My hopes for any marvel crossover (between netflix/abc and the movies) get lower each day. It's just not going to happen.

It's weird how easy it is for DC but yet so hard for Marvel. Yea 3 of their shows are on the same network, but Supergirl is on a completely different network and has a different style and they got that to work just fine.

Not sure what the comparison is here. DC has crossovers between their TV stuff. Marvel has crossovers between their TV stuff. DC has no crossovers at all between TV and movies. Marvel has had movie characters crossover with TV, but not the other way round.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fitz was late getting back because Hive can detect if someone is a latent inhuman, threw some terragen at Fitz and then infected him. Duh.

Crossovers is what makes the MCU so great though

ABC, NETFLIX get your act together if CW & CBS can play nice then so can you

Seriously , just get Coulson to show up in the Netflix stuff to investigate the Defenders and peace out after trusting them to do their own stuff. Coulson can also mention in AOS that New York is safe with the Defenders and they can focus on the other stuff or something, wont even need the netflix cast to show up.

Seriously , just get Coulson to show up in the Netflix stuff to investigate the Defenders and peace out after trusting them to do their own stuff. Coulson can also mention in AOS that New York is safe with the Defenders and they can focus on the other stuff or something, wont even need the netflix cast to show up.

Bring Back The Glue!

jph139

Assuming that they're all around concurrently, I fully expect both Damage Control and Cloak and Dagger to pop up on Agents of SHIELD or vice-versa. I don't really see the need to drag the Defenders into it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

The problem with that is that the whole seasons are released at once on Netflix so the event timelines are hard to sync. Easier to do crossovers on weekly series.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Crossovers is what makes the MCU so great though

ABC, NETFLIX get your act together if CW & CBS can play nice then so can you

You guys know CBS partly owns the CW, right?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, and ABC is the production studio behind the Netflix shows, so it's a similar situation. And yet ABC can't get its act together.

You're still dealing with two different networks though, as opposed to the CBS/CW relationship. But really, Clark was pretty nebulous. There's really not a lot of information to go on to even venture a guess at who's being a stick in the mud.

Top Bottom