• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

aparisi2274

I am curious as to how the show handles the eventual demise of Hive? If they kill Hive, then technically the host body (Ward) dies again, which means that the actor who plays Ward is essentially out of a job...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ward will pull a Zola, but instead of being restricted to a physical mainframe he'll live on the internet.

B5tMpJh.png

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think it's lights out for Ward, unless they somehow just contain Hive and not kill him.

Having Hive die, but then the host body is revived feels really contrived.

They can't keep Brett around. Most of his S2 and S3 arcs were thin and they had trouble working him into the plot.

I remember the initial Hive reveal was "lol what a roundabout way to keep Brett around while Ward died". Now everyone is talking redemption and Taskmaster... again.

I seriously hope they don't keep him around for S4, which is why I don't think they'll off a main cast member. Losing them and Brett (along with Bobbi and Hunter) would decimate the cast.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Get ready, purified blank slate Ward is coming.

The season stinger is going to be an amnesic, nude Ward waking up in the middle of the street.

Edit: Writing that out, it'd be hilarious if next season, Ward comes back as an amnesiac, covered in tatoos, Blindspot-style.

wildfire

Banned
Seriously when will the Avengers East Coast step in and clean up Hive? Please don't troll us with only a Falcon cameo. This easily warrants Wanda or Vision.

Well then. i'm calling it now:

Fitz just fucked a corpse

See you guys next week

Could be a bait and switch, but that seems likely. My wife is steamed, she always gets pissed off at will-they-won't-they relationships in shows. She was practically yelling at the TV last night.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

anaron

honestly they should've made Simmons Lash. It was set up perfectly and it would've given her awesome powers, an arc that ties everything together and more conflict amongst the team.

oh and Illyria lite aka amazing

BTails

Just watched the episode. Was it me, or was Coulson holding onto one of his blood soaked Captain America cards while watching Hydra get taken down? You never really got a clear view of it, but it certainly looked similar.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
One subtle thing I noticed about the last episode is that Brett Dalton was doing an impression of the actor who played Will when he was talking to Simmons. It was subtle but there was definitely a change to the way he was speaking.

duckroll

Has Hive ever inhabited a female host? Does Hive even have a real gender? Honestly I'm only asking because I want to see Dalton put on a female persona.

It's either going to be Fitz, Lincoln or melty dude that dies.

Coulson - Already died once
May - Dealing with the Andrew/Lash situation
Simmons - Already went through hell on another planet
Fitz - In a happy place
Daisy - Hivejacked
Mack - Getting over Bobbi/Hunter, usually the glue keeping the team together
Yo-Yo - Red Herring
Lincoln - Redeeming himself into a decent character
Meltman - Disposable

They kept bringing up the "curse" Fitz complained about, and now he's the happiest he's probably been since the show started. There is no way that's going to last. He's going to have to give it all up.

Lincoln went from shit-tier to a decent character, and his powers got better, but TV shows like to start improving characters and then kill them off right when you start to like them. On top of that, Lincoln's entire character arc this season has basically been trying to prove that he's about SHIELD and the mission while the cast continually doubts him even after he's proven himself multiple times! What better way to prove them wrong than a heroic sacrifice for the mission?

But I'm also thinking there's a *slight* chance Simmons might bite the dust because even though she was stuck on that planet, Fitz went through hell to get her back and now it's time to pay him back. There's a level of irony to having the team go through all that trouble to get her back only for her to die in space a few months later.

mreddie

Fitz/Simmons: No one stays happy in a Whedon show despite this being Jed's show.
Melter: Maybe, might get outrage from the fact he's gay but maybe they'll swerve us with revealing May is bi.
Yoyo: Maybe, I get the feeling for a Whedon swerve as well.
Mack: I wouldn't be shocked.
Lincoln: Redemption = You're fucked.
May: ULTIMATE SWERVE
Daisy: Doubtful but Buffy killed off Buffy and Angel killed off their co-lead so...

Top Bottom