• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

hey, so, I didn't see Civil War yet, should I not watch this? Will it spoil anything?
They spend the first five or so minutes talking about events in the first half of the movie. There are some specifics, most notably
being reminded about the Sokovia Accords over and over
, but I don't feel it's anything you couldn't infer from the trailers.

Neoxon

I feel like Mack & Fitz are red herrings. They wouldn't put both holding the cross so prominently unless they wanted to throw us off. Of course, they could go for the "hiding in plain sight" thing, but still.

Bloomers

I'm sorry but I'm still salty they had Lash go out like a bitch like that. His behavior in that sequence plus toast rider's cheap shot was ridiculous

Also, Fitz is so fucked for this finale

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Those primitive things is the most disturbing thing I've seen so far in the MCU, lol.

someone hasn't watched all of Jessica Jones

self-throat-slitting, self-hanging, all kinds of lovely things in that show

oh and Daredevil season 2
shoving things under fingernails
... wait, that's SHIELD season 2, too

There's so much worse in the MCU

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Finally got to watch one live! Shit's hard.

Here's thoughts, impressions and stuff in no particular order:

• I thought it was obvious from the beginning that Lincoln was playing Daisy.
  • Lash gets to do something! And then dies! Great!
  • Speaking of, I guess Lash did judge people and decided who to kill?
  • Are those supposed to be Alpha Primitives? They keep saying the word "Primitives" when referring to them, so I guess so?
  • "Sokovia Accords..." "Sokovia Accords?" "Sokovia Accords!"
  • "All of it." Damn, Hive was just gonna kill Daisy.
  • The Watchdogs actually have a purpose now! I forget, did they have the dog masks in the last episode?
  • I really enjoy Talbot in basically all of his scenes. He's great with Coulson.

And that's it! Not much to this episode, but it mostly felt like setup to the finale.

Also:
Yes, there are spoilers, especially in the first like five minutes. Maybe DVR it for later and watch the movie this week.

This is super false, there are no spoilers for the movie. Unless you consider the premise of the movie a spoiler, in which case let me spoil it for you: The Avengers are divided due to conflicting views on the Sokovia Accords, which are being ratified by the United Nations to regulate the deployment of people with powers; with Captain America and Iron Man taking separate sides on the issue. There, so many spoilers!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

• I thought it was obvious from the beginning that Lincoln was playing Daisy.
  • Lash gets to do something! And then dies! Great!
  • Speaking of, I guess Lash did judge people and decided who to kill?
  • Are those supposed to be Alpha Primitives? They keep saying the word "Primitives" when referring to them, so I guess so?
  • "Sokovia Accords..." "Sokovia Accords?" "Sokovia Accords!"
  • "All of it." Damn, Hive was just gonna kill Daisy.
  • The Watchdogs actually have a purpose now! I forget, did they have the dog masks in the last episode?
  • I really enjoy Talbot in basically all of his scenes. He's great with Coulson.

And that's it! Not much to this episode, but it mostly felt like setup to the finale.

Also:

This is super false, there are no spoilers for the movie. Unless you consider the premise of the movie a spoiler, in which case let me spoil it for you: The Avengers are divided due to conflicting views on the Sokovia Accords, which are being ratified by the United Nations to regulate the deployment of people with powers; with Captain America and Iron Man taking separate sides on the issue. There, so many spoilers!

Civil War Spoiler:
Gives away that Cap lives, which a lot of people were not expecting.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Peggy Carter's death
is definitely a spoiler if you weren't following set photos for Civil War.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Peggy Carter's death
is definitely a spoiler if you weren't following set photos for Civil War.

This I'll concede might be a spoiler, but it's so early in the movie and kinda irrelevant to the plot; it's not a big one. It's also not really a spoiler at all, since it's not a secret or a twist, it's just a thing that happens early in the movie. If you watch this episode and then the movie you would not lose any sense of enjoyment from the movie, since the context of the movie's scenes matters so much more than.

Civil War Spoiler:
Gives away that Cap lives, which a lot of people were not expecting.

This I will not concede, though. Since that was baseless speculation to begin with. A character not dying is is not a spoiler when there was no indication the character would.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You know, this is the one time in the show they could've actually used the, "We should probably call in the Avengers now" line since this is a pretty big f'n deal going down, but have the excuse as to why they can't, haha. Fitz or Simmons could've put the question forth and Talbot would've been the perfect person to respond with :Civil War spoilers to follow::
a "Well, seeing as how there's only three of them left and one of them was almost killed, that's probably not feasible right now".

AMUSIX

Why do you think this show could afford to render Iron Man?
Ummm, they could absolutely handle rendering Iron Man....seriously, doesn't look that hard...
5klNQMA.gif

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah Lash got a pretty raw deal, spend half the series showing him to be an unstoppable monster with an 'unknown agenda', hide him in a box for a couple of months with no air time, then reveal the agenda and have him killed 90 seconds later.

Still, it's nice to see SHIELD not get completely played for chumps every once in awhile, and it does set up a really interesting finale.

Dunlop

Yeah Lash got a pretty raw deal, spend half the series showing him to be an unstoppable monster with an 'unknown agenda', hide him in a box for a couple of months with no air time, then reveal the agenda and have him killed 90 seconds later.

Still, it's nice to see SHIELD not get completely played for chumps every once in awhile, and it does set up a really interesting finale.

He was able to easily destroy HIVE who was already lying on the ground but instead chose to cure Daisy who was lying on the ground from exhaustion and would have still been there 5 minutes later....then to carry her in bridal position to be taken out by a jobber.

I wish they would make the scale of the problem not "death of humankind" as it makes zero sense not to bring in the Avenger, it is actually negligent

duckroll

Man, the episode was almost good. The spy vs spy stuff was fun. The engineered Inhumans seem to be the AoS version of Alpha Primitives? Watching Badboy rock it with a burning chain was sweet. But then they had to ruin it all with a really rushed conclusion. The entire Lash thing seems pretty illogical. They had no way to know that his powers would actually allow him to resist Hive's parasites and to destroy them. Without knowing that sending him to Hive seems super dumb since he could go on his side. The fight was crap. The rescue was lame. The death was totally stupid. Ruined. :(

He was able to easily destroy HIVE who was already lying on the ground but instead chose to cure Daisy who was lying on the ground from exhaustion and would have still been there 5 minutes later....then to carry her in bridal position to be taken out by a jobber.

I wish they would make the scale of the problem not "death of humankind" as it makes zero sense not to bring in the Avenger, it is actually negligent

Bureaucracy bro. Now, AoS has a legitimate excuse. Too many forms to fill out. Paperwork could take weeks. Approval could take months.

duckroll

Lash's purpose was clear. He was born to open our eyes that the writers of Agent of SHIT were garbage tier all along and season 2 was just a fluke. He died to hammer that point home.

:(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

It was also the "alpha test" and the scientist later asked to try again and do a "beta test," so yeah, they're Alpha Primitives.

Lol seriously. I wonder how they're gonna write around that. He has to listen to the government now right?.

He's not inclined to return their calls, as seen at the end of the film.

"What about the Avengers?"

Talbot: "Not possible. Colonel Rhodes can't walk and Stark won't return anyone's calls. And without Stark, we have no Vision."

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Quick question, the description of this episode mentions the aftermath of Civil War, which I won't see until the Blu Ray is released later this year.

I assume this episode of SHIELD is gonna have Civil War spoilers?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Quick question, the description of this episode mentions the aftermath of Civil War, which I won't see until the Blu Ray is released later this year.

I assume this episode of SHIELD is gonna have Civil War spoilers?

Fairly minor ones. Nothing that should ruin your enjoyment of Civil War, in my opinion.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fairly minor ones. Nothing that should ruin your enjoyment of Civil War, in my opinion.

Thanks, I may go ahead and wait anyway. I did the same thing back in season 1/ Winter Soldier and it was lots of fun having the last few Shield episodes to watch when the film was over.

Khaz

Lash fight was disappointing. He was bulletproof, and goes down like nothing.

And they need to stop with the inhumans have a purpose thing. It's stupid.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was going to make a pretty huge post, but ducky here...

Man, the episode was almost good. The spy vs spy stuff was fun. The engineered Inhumans seem to be the AoS version of Alpha Primitives? Watching Badboy rock it with a burning chain was sweet. But then they had to ruin it all with a really rushed conclusion. The entire Lash thing seems pretty illogical. They had no way to know that his powers would actually allow him to resist Hive's parasites and to destroy them. Without knowing that sending him to Hive seems super dumb since he could go on his side. The fight was crap. The rescue was lame. The death was totally stupid. Ruined. :(

... spared me the effort.

I'd only like to add that those watchdog masks were TERRIBLE.

Yep, everything up to the Quinjet opening to reveal Lash was good (thirsty Lincoln, May passing him notes through his food like a jailbreak, Mack getting wrecked again, Talbot being Talbot).

Then I looked at the time. It should've ended the episode and then started next week with Inhumanbowl. Instead they crammed everything into the last 10 minutes.

Hive wants more Putty Patrol to rule the world with.

What is Giyera doing? Swimming in a pool of Malick's money? Collecting fire extinguishers?

We got Yo-yo, but where's Joey?

"Swazy Daisy" is probably the best line of the episode. Or anything from John Hannah.

That necklace better be a red herring or a hot potato.

Johndoey

Banned
That's my issue it's like Lash is super tough if he didn't have his plasma based Hive deterrent they hand delivered a big dumb monster to their enemy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It should also be noted that Hive's regeneration powers are inconsistent as heck. In one episode he gets incapacitated by a couple of hastly fired gutshots, yet right after he can take several rifle ones, a direct hit from a grenade launcher and one of Lash's plasma bolts.

Time to get it right, writers.

Volimar

Remember that the swaying isn't mind control per se, it just makes inhumans want to be close to and please Hive. I don't think it'd have been strong enough to force Lash to go against his nature.

It should also be noted that Hive's regeneration powers are inconsistent as heck. In one episode he gets incapacitated by a couple of hastly fired gutshots, yet right after he can take several rifle ones, a direct hit from a grenade launcher and one of Lash's plasma bolts.

Hive is part Borg. He adapted.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

The only time it felt really out of whack was when he just shrugged off the grenade launcher... but he did just feed off a Kree.

When did he get incapacitated by the hastily fired gunshots?

Top Bottom