• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

vivftp

I'm also amused that Hive showed his true face, just to find out he was talking to a holographic recording the whole time. So no one actually saw him do it.

I'm pretty sure Coulson could see him through that headset display

EDIT.

At least the Coulson hologram seemed to be looking at Hive throughout the scene.

MajorMane

And why is Daisy being pursued? I must've tuned out.

I don't think it's explicitly mentioned why. But seems like she probably left Shield and is on the run, doing her own thing. Could be some impact from the Sokovia Accords too.

GAF, why is this show so incredibly fucking underrated? Everyone hates this show, Marvel included it seems. Three seasons in and I still love it. Ultimately I feel it's going to be completely stricken from the record.

Been watching since day 1 and I really love it, but it's not the the most consistent show, unfortunately. One thing you can always count on, though, is that the season finales are fantastic.

We saw a Putty die from one bullet in the chest. Why does no one in SHIELD carry guns?!?

Well, they usually try and use the dendrotoxin (sp) guns so they knock out their opponent rather than kill. The Primitives were shown to be immune to that (thanks to Hive, I assume), and with no real cure possible, that's why you get shotgun axe.

iosefe

Okay, one huge thing bothers me from the finale

They made an obvious effort to show a specific Primitive at one point. That primitive was in a black suit, white shirt, black tie...

And had his badge on a lanyard.

I think they killed Koenig.

Okay Channel 7 botched scheduling of this in Australia. Only got the first hour, then it just straight cut to ads and into the next show, since it had no end credits. Guess 2nd half next week. Awkward.

And why is Daisy being pursued? I must've tuned out.

No, they didn't explain it. Next season!

We saw a Putty die from one bullet in the chest. Why does no one in SHIELD carry guns?!?

The base is considered a secure location, so it stands to reason people walking around inside it wouldn't necessarily be armed. It seems like they got into the base through the vents before everyone could get to the armory, too.

They made an obvious effort to show a specific Primitive at one point. That primitive was in a black suit, white shirt, black tie...

My initial thought on the well-dressed Primitive was that they got Talbot, actually. The guy was way too tall to be Koenig.

dorikyasu

Good season finale, but still can't make up the fact this was a lackluster season.
Also, was there even a mention of Joey (metal melting inhuman) in the ep?

iosefe

My initial thought on the well-dressed Primitive was that they got Talbot, actually. The guy was way too tall to be Koenig.
Not the one near the start of the catastrophe. There was another. I think around the Simmons scene at the furnace. Around there. A guy with a lanyard. Probably a perspective trick. Low camera angle

Every other agent we saw used a badge clip

Can someone just give me a recap of the last few episodes

Been quickly losing interest in their isolated storyline

Are they good? Should I catch up?

anaron

Btw, the Daisy/Hive fight was probably the lamest shit ever. It was like watching someone play a fighting game without knowing any of the moves and just spamming punch. >_<
What the fuck at that pointless pose he did.

Were we supposed to think yet another undershot of him looking menacing was cool? lol, so lame

Joey disappeared due to his actor having a schedule conflict which I assume is also why Deathlok was gone. Hopefully they can make sure that's not an issue for casting next year. (MANIFOLD)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
GAF, why is this show so incredibly fucking underrated? Everyone hates this show, Marvel included it seems. Three seasons in and I still love it. Ultimately I feel it's going to be completely stricken from the record.

I agree, it's still my favorite of the comic book TV shows. It's the one show I make sure I watch each week.

In fact I'm half a season behind on Flash and Arrow. (Which makes it annoying when people post Flash spoilers in an AoS thread cause they assume everyone watches the same thing as them. :/)

anaron

the hate for agents online is still so over the top. "good cancel this shitty show!" is a sentiment I keep seeing like this is the one thing anchoring down the entire MCU or something.

the hate for agents online is still so over the top. "good cancel this shitty show!" is a sentiment I keep seeing like this is the one thing anchoring down the entire MCU or something.

We are kind of hitting peak comic TV and a tad bit of saturation

If we are to maintain a reasonable level of quality... it wouldnt hurt to sit down, reexamine their goals and slow things down a bit

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I noticed that too and came to the same conclusion.

So, are they ever going to explain why there were multiples of him considering the reveal at the end of Ascension?

Boem

Where the fuck has Koenig been? And Joey??

I'm pretty sure they were planning on using Patton Oswalt again, but his wife passed away recently, which halted a lot of his work. Same reason why those extra 3 Minecraft episodes from Telltale (where he voices the main character) have to be delayed.

As far as reasons for not bringing back a character go, I don't think any of us can complain about that one. Poor guy has been through enough for now. He has a young daughter so he's not going to do anything public for the time being.

Edit: As for Patton Oswalt's character being a LMD or not - they could just be twins/triplets/whatever, but I can see them being LMD's. Didn't Tony Stark mention Life Model Decoy's in Avengers 1 or something? That suggests they're already known in this world, and not just invented at the end of the last episode.

I hope they bring a little bit of the camp back for Season 4 - I want another villain like John Garrett. God, Bill Paxton owned that role - so good.

EDIT: I contend that Patton Oswalt was secretly the lead for Damage Control.

MajorMane

So, anyone got a clue to what/who was the mad scientist creating in the epilogue?

The project was LMD #1 or something like that, likely referring to Life-Model Decoy: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Life-Model_Decoy

The AI he was talking to was called AIDA: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Intelligence_Data_Analyser_(Earth-712)

So he's going to put that intelligence in a body and bad things will probably happen. Or maybe everything will go better than expected. Probably not.

Sadist

Pretty packed season finale. Not as good as the season 2 finale though.

- WardHive with his best cartoon villain face when the missile didn't launch
- FitzSimmons are going to be actually happy? This is a ruse.
- Ward brain scramble was fun to see
- Daisy, stop acting like a drug addict damnit!
- Fightscene was pretty boss
- Hive's true form is really Buffy/Angel like. Cool!
- Coulson with the Star Wars funnies. Never stop being a geek.
- SHOTGUN AXE
- Lincoln biting the bullet was... well, we all knew it was going to happen
- Him and Hive talking in their final moments was very strange and cool.
- Six month time leap what.
- Goth Daisy? ... ... yeah sure why not.
- Coulson isn't director anymore? Wonder why he stepped down and who replaced him.
- LMD's? Yay! Team #Wardneverdies

diaspora

- SHOTGUN AXE
- Coulson isn't director anymore? Wonder why he stepped down and who replaced him.

To be fair, Hive was pumping her brain with dopamine, to have that cut off probably doesn't feel great.

Edit: As for Patton Oswalt's character being a LMD or not - they could just be twins/triplets/whatever, but I can see them being LMD's. Didn't Tony Stark mention Life Model Decoy's in Avengers 1 or something? That suggests they're already known in this world, and not just invented at the end of the last episode.

I'm guessing the Koenig brothers are clones.

As for Tony's LMD joke in Avengers, it could be a popular in-universe thought experiment, and Radcliffe is just the first scientist to succeed in making one.

MajorMane

- SHOTGUN AXE

Assuming that this is still Shield and all, I imagine he didn't like the place that being director took him. He mentioned stepping over a line, hunting down Ward, and killing him. He might have stepped down because of that. The position of Director of SHIELD inherently changes a person.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I thought Chloe did a really good job in that episode actually.

KarmaCow

A pretty weak season overall but it looks like they're soft rebooting for season 4 so hopefully they can improve without too much baggage.

The finale itself was okay, Lincoln was probably the "best" person to die without changing too much. I'm still pretty annoyed by the future is fixed bullshit that didn't pay off for how hard they pushed it. Why did Hive kidnap the guy who sees people's deaths again? He did nothing. I was expecting at least for Hive to also know how he would die but nope. Just a shitty plot contrivance to get things moving and dropped without much thought. Though I'm glad Daisy finally gave his kid the carving instead of holding on to it for no reason, even if it was more than half a year later.

That said, stuff like the shotgun-axe was great. Shades of the season 1 finale with that self-aware nonsense.

Sadist

To be fair, Hive was pumping her brain with dopamine, to have that cut off probably doesn't feel great.
Oh I know, still it was sad to see her like that :(

Assuming that this is still Shield and all, I imagine he didn't like the place that being director took him. He mentioned stepping over a line, hunting down Ward, and killing him. He might have stepped down because of that. The position of Director of SHIELD inherently changes a person.
True. Coulson might fear that his emotions get the better of him as a director. That's why May is director now :p

Edit: damnit MrEddie!

I think the melodrama was necessary to build up the "who's going die" plotline. Fitz and Simmons planning a trip (strange timing for Simmons to be surfing the web), Daisy/Mac having a good cry, May confessing to Daisy, Lincoln quitting, etc. The whole Daisy withdrawal and Lincoln bit also gives some motivation for her being on the run six months later.

I'm glad Ward is off the show. His story was done.

Lincoln was the safe choice. Killing a minority or a female wouldn't have gone over well in the media.

I hope Yo-yo and Radcliffe join the cast next season. The former has some good chemistry with Mack (new partner to replace Daisy) and the latter gives the show a lot of levity.

Top Bottom