• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Dai101

Banned

i7qO8gV.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
Just keep the the O5 with Ward, Bobbi and Deathlok

They want to use Bobbi for their spinoff show though.

I'd be okay with it if the MCU movies acknowledged SHIELD as actually being back and operational.

At this point I just don't accept that SHIELD is considered to be operating under the radar anymore.

mreddie

They want to use Bobbi for their spinoff show though.

I'd be okay with it if the MCU movies acknowledged SHIELD as actually being back and operational.

At this point I just don't accept that SHIELD is considered to be operating under the radar anymore.

I like Bobbi but hate Hunter. I even thought their arc in S2 was weak.

Bobbi needs to stay in the big show. Fuck the spinoff, add Damage Control.

L+3 ratings don't really mean much, unfortunately.

They don't mean much for Agents of Shield especially since its guaranteed a fourth season unless ABC/Marvel TV wants to turn down free money via syndication.

However, if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't say the L+3 means nothing especially as post-live viewing becomes more and more the norm especially if more and more shows start to show more growth in that arena.

antispin

Marvel & DC should move everything to Netflix and its ilk, so that we don't have to worry about these silly, outdated, viewership metrics.

TheOddOne

- PR: ABC L + 3 Results: 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Emerges as Number 1 Scripted Show For Timeslot in Adults 18-49.
The season three premiere of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. soared to a 2.6 L+3 rating with Adults 18-49, moving out of a tie with CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans head-to-head in the 9pm hour in the L+SD numbers to beat the CBS drama (2.2 rating) by 4-tenths of a rating point in the L+3 numbers, while maintaining its 3-tenths advantage over Fox’s Scream Queens (2.6 rating vs. 2.3 rating).
S.H.I.E.L.D. tied as Tuesday’s biggest gainer in TV playback among young adults, picking up +0.9 rating points after 3 days of TV playback.
Edit: Already posted! My bad.

anaron

Can someone explain the syndication thing. I still don't understand why shows are secured a Season 4, if they get to Season 3?
it brings the total episode count to the syndication number of 88 episodes.

I really want AoS get to and end with a season 6 and have it's final episode be the 16th.

616. It'd be such a great capper. :p

Pachimari

it brings the total episode count to the syndication number of 88 episodes.

I really want AoS get to and end with a season 6 and have it's final episode be the 16th.

616. It'd be such a great capper. :p

I'm sorry but I still don't understand it. So if they get to 88 episodes, why is that so important? :)

Averon

I remember the darker days during season 1 when every episode dropped in view count. A lot of concern on whether SHIELD was a bust and will be canned.

Seems like a lifetime ago right now.

Snow

I'm sorry but I still don't understand it. So if they get to 88 episodes, why is that so important? :)

I think part of it is that it can be sold as a show that can run weekdays continually for a certain number of months. E.g. 100 episodes can fill about 5 months. This makes it easier to sell the show to another channel for a secondary broadcast run, i.e. syndication.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Can someone explain the syndication thing. I still don't understand why shows are secured a Season 4, if they get to Season 3?

you used to need ~100 episodes to sell a show's syndication rights, now it's 88

so that means if you're paying for a season 3, you may as well pay up for s4 so it hits 88 episodes ( 4* 22) and you can sell syndication rights and recoup a bunch of money

Ricker

So I was watching the Sleepy Hollow season premiere last evening and lo and behold,that same fucking new haircut that Daisy and the girl from Minority Report have is on Abbie now as well...cant wait to see it on all the CW shows starting this week as well lol...(I hate it :p )

Great numbers for AoS...7.5 million...? thats awesome.

Really like that scene, shows how much she has grown up. Plus any other show they would have had her be like "listen old man this is the new new, get with it or move out the way". Instead they are having a grown folks conversation.

Agents of SHIELD has done character growth extremely well. Everything tends to feel natural for what they experienced.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Really like that scene, shows how much she has grown up. Plus any other show they would have had her be like "listen old man this is the new new, get with it or move out the way". Instead they are having a grown folks conversation.

Agents of SHIELD has done character growth extremely well. Everything tends to feel natural for what they experienced.

I agree. All the characters have become more nuanced that I would ever have imagined at the beginning of season 1. Daisy is already getting very close to who she was in the Secret Warriors comics.

Coulson has arguably had the least character growth on the show. Even though he's been through a lot he's still pretty much the same guy.

Neoxon

So I was watching the Sleepy Hollow season premiere last evening and lo and behold,that same fucking new haircut that Daisy and the girl from Minority Report have is on Abbie now as well...cant wait to see it on all the CW shows starting this week as well lol...(I hate it :p )

Great numbers for AoS...7.5 million...? thats awesome.
I guess Marvel & ABC releasing Season 2 on Netflix right after it ended (as well as the positive word-of-mouth that was a result of Season 2's quality) really brought in the viewers.

Slayven

I guess Marvel & ABC releasing Season 2 on Netflix right after it ended (as well as the positive word-of-mouth that was a result of Season 2's quality) really brought in the viewers.

That is how it should be, who watches reruns over the summer?

anaron

Press release for episode 4 is up.

“Devils You Know” – Having reluctantly agreed to share information with Rosalind and the ATCU, Coulson and the team go in search for the Inhuman who is killing off other Inhumans, and May feels that Hunter’s mission to take down Ward is getting too personal, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Blair Underwood as Andrew Garner, Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price, Matthew Willig as Lash, Daz Crawford as Kebo, Andrew Howard as Banks, Spencer Treat Clark as Alexander, Alicia Vela-Bailey as Alisha, Alexi Wasser as Lori, Nick Eversman as Shane and Chad Lindberg as Dwight Frye.

”The Devils You Know” was written by Paul Zbszewski and directed by Ron Underwood.

Top Bottom