• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

To be honest, I'm expecting Joey to die after he's served his role as an excuse to get Daisy and Lincoln close; so that Daisy and Coulson get to bond over how tough leadership is.

Really hoping I'm wrong though.
Ugh, that would be awful.

Daisy and Lincoln do nothing for me, and I don't get why she's so hung up on him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Skyevatars. Daisytars. If anyone wants them:

9NAz1LM.png
ryEUmdd.png
gEbXggL.png
e1NDYIO.png

Heads? Heads.

6yXy16l.png
7jq0sGf.png

I'll take
9NAz1LM.png
if nobody wants

VegiHam

Ugh, that would be awful.

Daisy and Lincoln do nothing for me, and I don't get why she's so hung up on him.

Because he's super pretty, duh! Daisy obviously doesn't share your taste in guys...

Or, also, because he's the only real link she has left to what is technically her native community. I mean her parents are out of the picture, Reina and Gordon are too, and nobody else had lines and screen time so Lincoln is sort of her only family/only other member of her species she knows. And he helped her out at a time of huge confusion nd upheaval. Getting attached makes sense.

He's the only person she knows who has a common ancestry, knows more about it than she does, and isn't a homicidal maniac.

Because he's super pretty, duh! Daisy obviously doesn't share your taste in guys...

Or, also, because he's the only real link she has left to what is technically her native community. I mean her parents are out of the picture, Reina and Gordon are too, and nobody else had lines and screen time so Lincoln is sort of her only family/only other member of her species she knows. And he helped her out at a time of huge confusion nd upheaval. Getting attached makes sense.
But he doesn't want anything to do with her. (I know this will change.) I just find the idea that she's gonna try to win him over out of character for her, but I was never a fan of their presumed relationship even when her parents were around.

Maybe if/when the give Lincoln some actual development that might change.

guek

Banned
I think Daisy has developed to where she no longer needs anyone. She spent 2 seasons searching for her parents already and she's past all that. She's even outgrown surrogate daughter status for Coulson and May. I'm ready for a version of Daisy who is strong, independent, and don't need no man, at least for once season.

guek

Banned
It's a crying shame. I'm still hopeful the Hand that 'died' was a LMD.
LMDs are a tricky thing to do for the MCU. On one hand, yeah, it could be a feasible way too bring back dead characters, but it's also way too easy and convenient. At least TAHITI had a big price that limited its use. The MCU already has a problem with deaths not feeling permanent, throwing LMDs into the mix could cheapen them even more

- J - D -

Have they introduced LMDs in the MCU yet?

Nope. Not yet, anyway.

LMDs are a tricky thing to do for the MCU. On one hand, yeah, it could be a feasible way too bring back dead characters, but it's also way too easy and convenient. At least TAHITI had a big price that limited its use. The MCU already has a problem with deaths not feeling permanent, throwing LMDs into the mix could cheapen them even more

That's true, though I suppose I just use LMD as one possible technique of bringing a character back. They could really just explain that it was someone else wearing one of those face camo masks that Natasha had in Winter Soldier. Then boom, Hand is back.

Well, not onscreen in that way. Pretty sure Tony Stark referenced them in Avengers.

He does indeed, when Coulson calls on him to discuss the Avengers Initiative.

Have the explained what the hell Patton Oswalt is yet? I thought he was an LMD.

They're certainly silently implying that Oswalts many characters are LMD's but nothing official stated. Which is probably best. A nod to those in the know without outright introducing something that would be too easily abused.

anaron

Why the hell did they waste Hand like that in the first place is just beyond me. She hadn't even made an impact at that point.

So does Hydra agents in Antman. Do you think they were
working for Ward.
. Considering the new clip for episode 2.
That's...actually interesting. I doubt it. The
clip also mentions him hunting down HYDRA agents. My guess is that there are various splinter groups running around utilizing HYDRA's name as a brand. It sounds like Ward's group is a small and growing faction. He's hunting down other groups and either eliminating or recruiting them.

In short: maybe, but I doubt it.
I would say creepy. lets be above Arrow fans people.
Damn
ATCU! Bless you.

Ward's Against Inhumanity
Love it.
THink we will get Tusk?

781064-tusk.jpg

He has the power to spawn miniature pro wrestler versions of himself

404292-134352-tusk.jpg
We still haven't gotten Adam X on the silver screen yet.

So I doubt it.

kirblar

Why the hell did they waste Hand like that in the first place is just beyond me. She hadn't even made an impact at that point.
Yeah, that was bizarre- she was an amazing character in the comics. She got killed there because Bendis didn't trust future writers to write a neoconservative hero correctly in the future (and I don't blame him) - but those concerns weren't present on TV.

Yeah, that was bizarre- she was an amazing character in the comics. She got killed there because Bendis didn't trust future writers to write a neoconservative hero correctly in the future (and I don't blame him) - but those concerns weren't present on TV.

It was upsetting. I thought she was a badass.

Slayven

Life Model Decoy. Mechanical copy of a person frequently used by SHIELD in the comics.

decoys.jpg

One of SHIELD's bigger enemies is a LMD of Nick Fury who couldn't handle being the copy.

1265111-97_secret_avengers_5.jpg

There was also an LMD in Avengers AI that went rogue because she was tired of playing as someone else. And the Iron Manic's armor is made from a super advanced shapeshifting LMD

AMUSIX

I'd expect about a three week gap between US and UK airings.

The cluelessness of television execs never ceases to amaze me. When you have a show like this, which is aimed at a very net-savvy audience, and you put that type of broadcast delay on it, then piracy is almost guaranteed. Of course, when the episodes finally do air, a large chunk of the potential viewers have already seen them, causing much lower ratings. Even if programming doesn't care about the show, certainly getting higher ratings for anything being broadcast is a good thing, right?

The cluelessness of television execs never ceases to amaze me. When you have a show like this, which is aimed at a very net-savvy audience, and you put that type of broadcast delay on it, then piracy is almost guaranteed. Of course, when the episodes finally do air, a large chunk of the potential viewers have already seen them, causing much lower ratings. Even if programming doesn't care about the show, certainly getting higher ratings for anything being broadcast is a good thing, right?

Sky learnt this the hard way and have made tremendous strides in showing some stuff hours after it airs in the US.

We're still not there though, some shows can take upwards of three months to begin airing here. Season 3 of Banshee only began to air a few weeks after the entire season finished airing in the US.

They did the same with Hannibal seasons 1 and 2. Agent Carter was another, FOX only showed it weeks after it finished it in the US.

Channel 4 has form here too. They waited almost six months after the first season of Lost aired to begin airing it and were then forced to push up the second season when they realised they'd haemorrhage viewers after the second season began in the US literally days after they finished showing the first season...

Channel 4 cut out quite a lot of stuff.

This is also true.

Hex

Banned
I'm kinda hoping Fitz will save her from the hungry space rock and she'll be grateful but reject his romantic advances. Doesn't seem likely though.

Why would that happen when they were starting to come together at the end of last season?
Why drag the stupidity of him getting rejected on and on.

Damn, son.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ted-show-for-timeslot-in-adults-18-49/475877/

The season three premiere of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. soared to a 2.6 L+3 rating with Adults 18-49, moving out of a tie with CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans head-to-head in the 9pm hour in the L+SD numbers to beat the CBS drama (2.2 rating) by 4-tenths of a rating point in the L+3 numbers, while maintaining its 3-tenths advantage over Fox’s Scream Queens (2.6 rating vs. 2.3 rating).

VegiHam

Why would that happen when they were starting to come together at the end of last season?
Why drag the stupidity of him getting rejected on and on.
It won't. I just don't want them together because they're boring together.

It's cliche, predictable, and they don't really have much chemistry. However...
To open the door for a different kind of attraction? This is my guess from reading certain post.
...I won't deny that that is part of it, yeah. Because Fitz actually has chemistry with certain other characters. And I'm not the only one who sees it.

Top Bottom