• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wonder how much longer they're going to keep Coulson being alive a secret. It's like the worst secret in the history of the MU, but the Avengers don't know he's alive. Maybe he has a cameo in Civil War since it could be related to the registration list.

It's silly though and needs to end.

i doubt he'll ever be revealed to be alive in the MCU movies - casuals might be confused

I wonder how much longer they're going to keep Coulson being alive a secret. It's like the worst secret in the history of the MU, but the Avengers don't know he's alive. Maybe he has a cameo in Civil War since it could be related to the registration list.

Agreed. Heck, even though it'd be super lame, I'd be happy if they just ACKNOWLEDGED him being alive and running SHIELD in one of the movies. Completely ignoring the show kinda sucks, especially now that it's genuinely awesome.

Also, those early impressions from the season premiere have me super hyped. Can't wait!!! Skye/Quake in that new costume looks so perfect!

Sadist

Pretty decent header:

1500x500
Son of Coul looks baller as fuck

neorej

ERMYGERD!
i doubt he'll ever be revealed to be alive in the MCU movies - casuals might be confused

I don't think casuals are Marvel's target audience. I can't count the number of people who did not understand who Bucky was in Winter Soldier or why his presence was significant.

You're crazy!

in all seriousness though, while 0-8-4 was certainly a very weak episode, its a masterpiece when compared to Repairs, which was the really stupid stadalone ghost episode that felt incredibly out of place.

I looked up Repairs to refresh my memory and realized it's the one where Fitzsimmons try pranking the team. I stand corrected because of that alone.

I did like how the "ghost" was drifting between dimensions. I wish they explored that further.

Frog-fu

Banned
On the bright side AoS isn't on a network with a target audience of teenage girls and women who still haven't grown out of Twilight. So there's no bat shit crazy portion of the audience (or it's very, very small) whose primary interest is holding a character who was originally only supposed to be a bit player up on a ridiculous pedestal because the live vicariously through her and in turn "ship" her with the main character while harassing whoever isn't on board and pester the writers and well everyone involved with the show pretty much non-stop. So for whatever ships there are the AoS's writers probably aren't going to shamelessly pander to it.

Of course even without that Olicity bullshit Arrow's third season had a ton of problems but it seemed this is where more of their interest was rather than telling a story that wasn't idiotic all while being devoid of fun unless the most important aspect to the show to you is that ship, which for a lot it really seems to be.

All of this.

Gambit

wow, that clip was great. (Some shaky CGI notwithstanding)

I also really liked the music at the end of it when the SHIELD logo appeared. If that is representative of the mood they are going for then I am all-in.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
New clip? I must resist. But I am weak, so I'll probably look at it later today.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They screened the premiere and did a Q&A tonight

@NatalieAbrams: Just saw the #AgentsofSHIELD premiere. Can't say anything just yet, but whoa.

@TheEricGoldman: #AgentsofSHIELD premiere is very strong - lots of cool stuff! And hey, here's the gang! (and @feliciaday moderating!) http://t.co/zXIGyNSJns

@Terri_Schwartz: And that's a wrap on the #AgentsofSHIELD premiere screening and Q&A! I can't talk about the episode, but I definitely wasn't disappointed.

@ModernMythMedia: The season 3 premiere of @Marvel's @AgentsofSHIELD is the #Marvel-iest piece of Marvel Television I've ever seen. So awesome! Watch and see!

Hype!

We all agree that "Repairs" never happened, right? Because if an episode that bad actually did exist, then it might validate some of those Season 1 criticisms...

...good thing it doesn't.

Call me crazy, but I recall 0-8-4 being worse than Repairs.

Those are really the only 2 episodes I would consider bad in season 1. I think Repairs is worse though, 0-8-4 was just silly but Repairs felt like a bad Star Trek Voyager episode.

EDIT: Just watched this - even more hyped now!

Aasir Osu

Neo Member
Nice Opening, but.....one very petty, minor annoyance that kept bugging me during S2, and especially with what we just saw in S3 is, how are they paying for all of this? I hope there's at least some throwaway line that addresses it.

Looking forward to this still - can't wait!

Tacitus_

Nice Opening, but.....one very petty, minor annoyance that kept bugging me during S2, and especially with what we just saw in S3 is, how are they paying for all of this? I hope there's at least some throwaway line that addresses it.

Looking forward to this still - can't wait!

They've got a large patent portfolio, including velcro.

probably embezzling Stark money

HeySeuss

There's no way they don't. They didn't retcon his death just for a TV show to never have the movie moment of his return. Cap and Coulson will have a moment at some point. Maybe Infinity War, but it'll happen. But I could be wrong I suppose.

That clip doe

First half of season 1 is like a Saturday morning cartoon compared to where the show ended up. There are no stakes, there's little direction and there's a lot of teasing...

But I do agree that it's overly-criticized. The worst I would say is that it might get dull at points but I don't agree with skipping episodes willy-nilly, because there have been a few people in these threads that quite enjoyed the show from the start.
I liked the show from the start. Skipping episodes when it's the first time watching a show never made sense to me. Except on a several hundred episode anime with seasons of filler. Then it's fine.
Yeah, so I was pretty close then. He's pretty much already at the "recurring antagonist" stage now.

Call me crazy, but I recall 0-8-4 being worse than Repairs.
He seems more central to this season.
Agreed. Heck, even though it'd be super lame, I'd be happy if they just ACKNOWLEDGED him being alive and running SHIELD in one of the movies. Completely ignoring the show kinda sucks, especially now that it's genuinely awesome.

Also, those early impressions from the season premiere have me super hyped. Can't wait!!! Skye/Quake in that new costume looks so perfect!
The movies don't even acknowledge SHIELD existing in any form.
All of this.
It's not incorrect

There's no way they don't. They didn't retcon his death just for a TV show to never have the movie moment of his return. Cap and Coulson will have a moment at some point. Maybe Infinity War, but it'll happen. But I could be wrong I suppose.

That clip doe

I mean, the proper time for it if it was going to happen would have been in Age of ultron.

Now they have to string it out for years, AND assume that the avengers never discover that Shield still properly exists (except for AOU spoilers
that rather.grand entrance towards the end of AOU
) AND never asking who is in charge of it AND not caring to find out.

Either they do it in a film and it feels stupid because of how long it's been strung out or it's never revealed to the avengers somehow, which is also really stupid.

The movies don't even acknowledge SHIELD existing in any form.
To quote the last major part of AOU:

*Helicarrier pulled out of someones arse*
Quicksilver: This is shield?
Cap: This is what shield is supposed to be

I mean, unless cap is really a fool and doesn't realise it takes more than just fury to have a
helicarrier
running.

Shield doesn't get mentioned in GOTG for hopefully obvious reasons, and while it wasn't in Ant-Man, you could argue that it was probably too small a scale of an event for shield to care that much anyway.

I mean, the proper time for it if it was going to happen would have been in Age of ultron.

Now they have to string it out for years, AND assume that the avengers never discover that Shield still properly exists (except for AOU spoilers
that rather.grand entrance towards the end of AOU
) AND never asking who is in charge of it AND not caring to find out.

Either they do it in a film and it feels stupid because of how long it's been strung out or it's never revealed to the avengers somehow, which is also really stupid.

To quote the last major part of AOU:

*Helicarrier pulled out of someones arse*
Quicksilver: This is shield?
Cap: This is what shield is supposed to be

I mean, unless cap is really a fool and doesn't realise it takes more than just fury to have a
helicarrier
running.

Shield doesn't get mentioned in GOTG for hopefully obvious reasons, and while it wasn't in Ant-Man, you could argue that it was probably too small a scale of an event for shield to care that much anyway.
They weren't talking about
the existence of SHIELD, but what SHIELD was supposed to be. It doesn't exist anymore. Everyone working on that helicarrier became part of the Avengers Initiative.

That clip doe

Lord, are people still hung up on this even after AoU, Whedon's comments, and the Marvel reorg?

There's really no narrative benefit to the film side of things from bringing him back, anyway. Either you confuse audiences by merely hinting at how he's alive, or you stop the narrative dead for a minute or two to recap SHIELD storylines. Neither strikes me as a good idea,

anaron

that clip

IM SO EXCITED

though
if the fish oil pills are killing people, that makes SHIELD complete idiots for not extracting the crystal

ETA: wait nvm it I forgot about the cocoon!

Lord, are people still hung up on this even after AoU, Whedon's comments, and the Marvel reorg?

There's really no narrative benefit to the film side of things from bringing him back, anyway. Either you confuse audiences by merely hinting at how he's alive, or you stop the narrative dead for a minute or two to recap SHIELD storylines. Neither strikes me as a good idea,
I second this.
that clip

IM SO EXCITED

though
if the fish oil pills are killing people, that makes SHIELD complete idiots for not extracting the crystal

ETA: wait nvm it I forgot about the cocoon!

Don't worry. I thought the same thing.

Though that guy also had some kind of melting powers when interacting with metal. It's possible that he burned someone? The cocoon looked more like someone had been broken in half.

iosefe

the fish oil
wont be killing anyone, i'm sure.

the pure terrigen crystals were extracted by salt water and absorbed into the fish, leaving no traces of diviner.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Considering the rift between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television, I don't think we'll ever see Coulson in the films again.

Famassu

I was wondering if people S03E01:
eating those fish oil pills would die like "undeserving" people usually do when they touch dem crystals/diviners or not. Wasn't sure if they'd go that far and make it as destructive or if the water kind of diluted them enough for normal human beings to survive eating them.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Considering the rift between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television, I don't think we'll ever see Coulson in the films again.
Wasn't that rift created by that Disney CEO who got sidelined by Feig's new position in the Disney/Marvel hierarchy?
Perhaps Feig will bring the show and movies back together.

I was wondering if people S03E01:
eating those fish oil pills would die like "undeserving" people usually do when they touch dem crystals/diviners or not. Wasn't sure if they'd go that far and make it as destructive or if the water kind of diluted them enough for normal human beings to survive eating them.

As it's been said, the terrigen itself won't kill people. It was the diviner pieces, which as far as we know is still at the bottom of the ocean.

Famassu

As it's been said, the terrigen itself won't kill people. It was the diviner pieces, which as far as we know is still at the bottom of the ocean.
Hmm? Didn't the terrigen crystals kill people if they were touched or when the terrigen mist was released from within by breaking them? Isn't it the same terrigen mist that killed those people that got released into the oceans when the crystals deteriorated?

kirblar

Terrigin Crystal = transformation agent. Harmless to humans.

Diviner metal = killifies humans. Harmless to inhumans.

The Crystals dissolved into the saltwater when they got chucked into the ocean, the metal didn't.

Top Bottom